Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Another Annulment sorted with out need to attend court

Hi Guys,

I posted another thread last year about a case where a filipina who successfully got an annulment, within six months, and never actually went to court ( well never left the Uk!) was all done, successful, within six months.

Now, her friend (my GF) has done the same, and is just now waiting for the last few formalities to be sorted out ( ie I assume things at the NSO). The girls come from the same place by the way, so I think same court, lawyer etc)

A long term pinay friend of mine was very sceptical when I mentioned this, suggested that there could have been something very dodgy taken place ( I don't think she just means the "contributions" to the judges holiday funds!)

A few years ago I know there was a case of fake court papers being submitted, judges signatures being forged etc.

I'm just hoping everything is okay and legit ( apart from the "usual" brown envelopes lol) and nothing has been done that will return and bite someone in the Butt

Wondered what others take on this.
    Thanks in Advance Guys for those who can reply

What were the grounds for annulment ?
    Was this lawyer based in Davao?

Respected Member
    When I asked, i was told something along the lines of pychological incapacity of the husband, something like that, can't remember the exact term she said..

Respected Member
    Oh, sorry, not Davao. Ligao is the place they are from

Pychological incapacity is the only way, but then the ex has to agree to the wifes statement because the shrink will make him look a compleat idiot

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Pychological incapacity is the only way, but then the ex has to agree to the wifes statement because the shrink will make him look a compleat idiot
    I stand to be corrected, but I don't believe that it's necessary for the errant spouse to participate in an interview or in any evaluation process.
    Even when asked to participate most 'respondents' will refuse.
    The psychologist would then proceed to do the evaluation based on tests and interviews with other relevant witnesses.

He has to sign documents Terpe.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    He has to sign documents Terpe.
    The respondent will be requested to sign the Summons.
    As far as I understand it, refusal to sign that Summons will not stop the process.

This is one of the areas where fraudulent activity can take place and the annulment continues without the respondent actually realising what's happening.

(3) Where no answer is filed or if the answer does not tender an issue, the court shall order the public prosecutor to investigate whether collusion exists between the parties

Sec. 9. Investigation report of public prosecutor.

- (1) Within one month after receipt of the court order mentioned in paragraph (3) of Section 8 above, the public prosecutor shall submit a report to the court stating whether the parties are in collusion and serve copies thereof on the parties and their respective counsels, if any.

- (2) If the public prosecutor finds that collusion exists, he shall state the on the finding of collusion within ten days from receipt of a copy of a report The court shall set the report for hearing and If convinced that the parties are in collusion, it shall dismiss the petition.

- (3) If the public prosecutor reports that no collusion exists, the court shall set the case for pre-trial. It shall be the duty of the public prosecutor to appear for the State at the pre-trial.

We have been through annulment so I know the rules

Respected Member
    Thanks for the replies Guys

Thread Information