Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

disneyland hongkong my review

hi everyone well decided to do my visa run to hongkong taking the g f with me ,we decided to visit disneyland and to be honest I was very dissapointed 450 hongkong dollars entrance fee and there was only one decent ride in the whole park ( space mountain ) The rest was like teacups and dumbo very slow and mundane mainly aimed at young children well there were hundreds of adults there without kids .also it was very expensive in the shops .The food was very good and variable catering for lots of different countries eating habits .A tip don,t go in july or august because the childrens schools in china and hongkong are closed for summer holidays so it was packed out despite the torrential rain coming down all day ,overall poor value in my opinion we are going to try universal studios in singapore soon then she will have a couple of stamps in her passport anybody been there please tell us your experience thanks

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    it wasnt very special if you asked me, been there once but it was enough. i only liked the souvenir shops but it was too expensive for me. i prefer singapore than hong kong when it comes to holiday. we went there in 2011 and we really enjoyed every bits of it. went t sentosa island where universal studios is located, fort siloso where a bit of history for me as well, vivo mall, chinatown and had a go with their version of london eye. it was great and we are hoping to visit SG again.

Respected Member
    hi ,we were there in march ,has the entrance fee increased? in the airport cts -i think it was around 370/390 for adult ,it seemed pretty crowded when we arrived there but once inside not too bad -was quite foggy /misty for most of day ,the biggest queue was for the go cart track -wasnt that good .i just came across this a while ago https://www.facebook.com/4dadventureland http://4dadventureland.com.sg/ ,only been to the airport on route to manila

Thanks for some ideas for Singapore, will be there next week but wont be doing the SG Eye or Universal Studios, the rest sound ok though.
    Any ideas for food and drink?

Was in HG last year and spent the time in parks, malls and the star ferry. What a great air conditioned underground. Changed a lot since our last visit in 1991, landing at the old airport. Started to queue for the peak train/tram but gave up after an hour and the price of drinks was a shock. Also found electrical goods were as cheap here in UK.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    we only eat the usual food at these food chains like Kenny Rogers Roasters and burger king for the first day and we had our lunch at sentosas themed resto like goldilocks and ended up at vivo malls food court which was quite nice as there were vast selection of oriental food.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    Try the East Coast Park
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Coast_Park

also check out Clarke Quay and Little India
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdjones View Post
    Try the East Coast Park
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Coast_Park

also check out Clarke Quay and Little India

Banned
    Thanks for some ideas for Singapore, will be there next week but wont be doing the SG Eye or Universal Studios, the rest sound ok though.
    You could do a run ashore to Batam, Indonesia. About Sing $40.00 return fast ferry

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    You could do a run ashore to Batam, Indonesia. About Sing $40.00 return fast ferry
    We are only there for 4 days so maybe next time, plus the fact that 4 family members are flying over from PI to join the 2 already there, so good value restaurants are more important, if you know what I mean

Trusted Member
    I remember my friend and I waiting for the construction work to start on Disney Hong Kong, but it kept getting put off, so we gave up on the idea of helping to build the place in the end.

Respected Member
    We are only there for 4 days so maybe next time, plus the fact that 4 family members are flying over from PI to join the 2 already there, so good value restaurants are more important, if you know what I mean
    my friend in singapore gave these names as being popular putien,
    no signboard and jumbo -no idea if they are good value -here is website of first one http://putien.com/

Respected Member
    you could also look these website http://www.singapore-restaurant.com/ http://www.yum.sg/

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    my friend in singapore gave these names as being popular putien,
    no signboard and jumbo -no idea if they are good value -here is website of first one http://putien.com/
    Took a look, some of the set menu`s look ok

Trusted Member
    Sorry....can't help. Last time I was in Singapore I was 7 years old, we had an Austin A30....bought new, and Changhi was an RAF base.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Sorry....can't help. Last time I was in Singapore I was 7 years old, we had an Austin A30....bought new, and Changhi was an RAF base.
    yeah and you need to be super rich to own a car there too ive heard that the tax is the same as what the car costs lol

Thread Information