Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Sainsbury's customer on mobile shocked after checkout assistant refuses to serve her

Sainsbury's customer shocked after checkout assistant refuses to serve her because she was on her mobile

• Jo Clarke, 26, was at her local Sainsbury's in Crayford, south-east London
    • She said assistant should not have given her 'lecture on checkout etiquette'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2Xyc9Pue7

I agree with the checkout operator, I hate individuals talking on their phones not only whilst in queue but whilst the oppo is scanning their purchases. Absolute height of rudeness from pig ignorant people.

Here is the ill mannered lardy -

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I agree with the checkout operator, I hate individuals talking on their phones not only whilst in queue but whilst the oppo is scanning their purchases. Absolute height of rudeness from pig ignorant people.
    Likewise ... to me, it's the "height" of bad manners!!!

Trusted Member
    I heard the topic on the radio about it this morning. Differing views.

I agree with yours Dedworth.

People are allowing communication devices to destroy face to face social interraction in so many ways....and for what ?
    Usually a bit of banal gossip.

If that woman got off her fat .... and took some exercise VISITING friends, she might look 26 instead of 46...AND re-learn her manners.

Banned
    They're normally British, 30ish females with the phone wedged between their shoulder and ear, shamelessly carrying on their puerile chat - I'd love to see the thing crash to the floor and shatter. They wouldn't be bothered though, the mug husband would pay for a new one.

yes bad manners to use in shops, iv seen also people at work using for private calls now this has got to slow down their work performance, it should be banned from both shops and work,
    except in cases where the mobile is used for work purposes

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Likewise ... to me, it's the "height" of bad manners!!!
    ... same goes for those ignoramuses who board buses and carry on yattering away non-stop on their mobile s while in the process of handing over their fares to the driver.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    It wouldn't worry me the slightest if mobile phones never existed, I've managed 60 years without one and the one I've got never rings anyway also never had a text since June 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    It wouldn't worry me the slightest if mobile phones never existed, I've managed 60 years without one and the one I've got never rings anyway also never had a text since June 2012!
    ah but your supposed to let your friends have your number

Banned
    Michael - You're lucky the PPI cowboys aren't bombarding you with texts and calls

Have you tried turning it on

Trusted Member
    Michael - You're lucky the PPI cowboys aren't bombarding you with texts and calls
    Yep, they're the only ones I get on my old phone, sitting here next to the new 'clean' one.

whats the problem dedworth , every time we go shopping in the supermarkets the person on the till asks if you need help packing your bags

worse than some punter on the phone is when the person on the till chats to each customer like they are a long lost relative instead of doing their job
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    whats the problem dedworth , every time we go shopping in the supermarkets the person on the till asks if you need help packing your bags

worse than some punter on the phone is when the person on the till chats to each customer like they are a long lost relative instead of doing their job
    This is what annoys me and Keith.. It's okay to have a bit of a chat, but when you see that there is a long queue, they need to learn how to shut up at times and be considerate with the others queuing.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

It wouldn't worry me the slightest if mobile phones never existed
    NOR me, Michael ... although, I'd be the first to admit they're useful in emergencies.

Just my personal opinion, but I think it's the height of rudeness and poor manners to use a cell phone when your transacting other business in a supermarket or bank etc.
    It's a complete insult not giving people who are helping you, to give your full attention.

Face to face interaction in any social situation warrants a much higher priority in the attention stakes than a gadget.

Fair enough if someone calls and it may be important, but surely make sure it's possible to excuse yourself with an apology then move off to a more private location.

every time we go shopping in the supermarkets the person on the till asks if you need help packing your bags
    Which is a kindly gesture on the part of *checkout operators IMO; ... shows *they're well~versed in good customer relations.

Many's the time - throughout my 17 years of widowhood - I was truly grateful to be asked if I needed help in packing my shopping ... especially when buying loads of extra messages to cater for any expected visitors.

... 'fraid I'd have to disagree with you there, Joe. Can't really fault staff for exchanging [a few] pleasantries with customers ... so long as they don't overdo it to the extent that it's likely to interfere with their concentration and/or keep other shoppers waiting in queues unnecessarily ... at times when the store is particularly busy.

Trusted Member
    Fear not people.

I'm the grumpy old man who comes to the rescue by coughing very loudly during that friendly cashier's chat , or demanding to know where all the staff are today, and why all the checkouts are closed. ...before filling the counter with my Ł3 worth of 'reduced item' groceries.

I'm not shy in public.

must agree with many from above, nothing worst then hearing someone on the phone when you are out

Bloody waitrose is where you find the middle class trophy airhead wives
    Always when I go they are on the phone talking ....., the other day pulled up at asda - big jeremy kyle fat bitch aged bout 20, kid in pushchair, pushed trolley towards me while she stood there yacking on phone
    I just got back in car til she promptly hung up cheeky ......

Shame on Sainsbury's for handing the slob some vouchers.
    I'd have told bingo wings a few home truths. Ignorant bitch.

The checkout assistant was out of order and has got no right speaking to the paying customer like that. It's not if these till operators are brimming with manners themselves. A lot of them are a surly bunch.

Trusted Member
    Jamie, paying customers are not a priority of the supermarkets today, rather they are a hindrance...individuals who get in the way of shelf-restocking, staff breaks, shift changes etc.

Would the owner of a small retail outlet leave customers, with their selected items in hand staring into space for 10 minutes while the staff locked up the till, went for a pee, or had a small conference in full view of said customers, about work rostas or some other important matter ?

I get irate every time I go into my suppliers, who is the best around for price and availability. I wait patiently in a queue then while he is serving me he answers phone queries constantly. Taps away on his computer, gives the caller info, price etc, says goodbye and then the phone rings again.

I tell him its like someone jumping the queue in front of me, but they look at me as though I`m mad. My complaint goes completely over their head

Trusted Member
    I agree.

That is damned ignorant.

Your most important customer is the one IN FRONT OF YOU !

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Jamie, paying customers are not a priority of the supermarkets today, rather they are a hindrance...individuals who get in the way of shelf-restocking, staff breaks, shift changes etc.

Would the owner of a small retail outlet leave customers, with their selected items in hand staring into space for 10 minutes while the staff locked up the till, went for a pee, or had a small conference in full view of said customers, about work rostas or some other important matter ?
    Valid points.

Just about profits nowadays for the greedy supermarkets and sod the customer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    The checkout assistant was out of order and has got no right speaking to the paying customer like that. It's not if these till operators are brimming with manners themselves. A lot of them are a surly bunch.
    I think the pig ignorant morons jawing away on their phones take the out of order and ill mannered prizes. The till operators have to face all kinds of dross

Trusted Member
    True.
    My boy had a part-time job on the tills at Wilkinsons, and he used to come home with some interesting tales. Minimum wage of course.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    NOR me, Michael ... although, I'd be the first to admit they're useful in emergencies.
    I must agree with you on that Arthur

Banned
    The other ill mannered scumbags that annoy me in supermarkets are the pigs who start chomping and guzzling their items before they've paid for them - I obviously also include those who allow their normally badly behaved offspring to do the same

I think the pig ignorant morons jawing away on their phones take the out of order and ill mannered prizes. The till operators have to face all kinds of dross
    ... and remain 100 percent with YOU on THAT issue, Ded ... in my "book", those customers really do "take the biscuit" (pun intended!) for sheer downright bad manners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information