Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Utility bills help

I have been thinking how we can get the utility bills with both our names for when my wife's apply for ilr
    Problem being I don't get bills everything is took direct debit even the electric is a keypad meter so no bills
    I phoned sky to ask if they can put both me and my wife's name on the account they says no after letting talk to 5 or 6 different persons by this time I am really pissed off and tell them to cancel the sky
    I want to find another provider that will send letters with both our names
    We have things such as working/ child tax credit letters they are in both names and our tenancy agreements
    Any advice how to gather the utility bills Or how did you overcome this problem

what about your council tax bill, that should be in joint names,
    i think you only need 6, not all have to be in joint names if you can't get 6 which are..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

North Ireland we don't have council tax
    We have rates and my landlord pays them

you've read section 11, note 8 ? it's all there
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...etm0420091.pdf
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I copied and pasted this from the application form...

Note 8 We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you.

For example – 4 items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address. In total 8 items will need to be submitted.
    If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address.
    Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.
    The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources.

Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the documents are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence. telephone bills or statements mortgage statements/agreement
    bank statements/letters
    council tax bills or statements
    water rates bills or statements
    electricity and/or gas bills or statements
    tenancy agreement(s)
    building society savings books/letters
    letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Dept for Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensingletters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments,
    home visits or other medical matters.

Try not to get too hung up on documents/letters with both your names. Although that's the simplest it's often not the easiest.
    The requirement from UKBA is principally to demonstrate that you have been living together at the same address(es) (and still do) throughout the qualifying period.

Here are some ideas just to get you thinking:-

Driving License
    TV License
    Electricity Bills
    Gas Bills
    Water Bills
    Council Tax Letters/Bills
    Bank/Building society statements
    Bank letters
    Marriage Certificate
    Registry Office Letters
    NHS medical cards
    Letters from GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments
    Sports club membership cards
    Insurance Quotes
    Letters from Church Organisations
    National Insurance appointment letters
    Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies (for example HM Revenue and Customs, Dept for Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing)
    Personal letters from friends/family etc
    Mobile phone bills/letters
    Telephone bills or statements
    Internet Provider letters/statements etc
    Mortgage statements/agreement
    Tenancy agreement(s)
    Credit Card statements

Thread Information