Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hiya

I got photos from her Zambales trip no problem. Our next problem is her being able to afford enrollment fee for the next trimester (roughly 23k in total) You can pay in installments each month but she is not sure she can afford because she got loans to pay for the last trimester and previous years (she is in last year of undergraduate degree). So even if i pay the balance (she has balance of 6k atm) how will she afford to pay the enrollment fee for this trimester?

Related to this problem is that she thinks she will be fired from her job if she has to quit college because she works an early shift to fit in with her college classes. So if her work finds out she isnt going to college anymore they will either fire her or change her shift to a much worse one (think workplace bullying which happened at this later shift)

At least the partial good news is that if she has to stop college now she should have the option to go back and finish it right? (she is in year 3 or 4 of degree)

Also here is a hypothetical question i was wondering about. (when i think about the long term planning). The £18600 minimum that a sponsor must earn each year for the person they are sponsoring to be admitted to UK via visitor visa) can that be split between the sponsor and the visitor? e.g. if she manages to save 5k then the sponsor would only need 13000. Also if the sponsor has savings of 10,000 would they still need to meet the £18600 UK minimum to sponsor their visitor?

I actually would also consider moving to the philippines and living and working there but from what i have heard unless you have a highly specialized job which is extreely sought after in the philippines then its hard to get work permit.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jellodude View Post
    Hiya

I got photos from her Zambales trip no problem. Our next problem is her being able to afford enrollment fee for the next trimester (roughly 23k in total) You can pay in installments each month but she is not sure she can afford because she got loans to pay for the last trimester and previous years (she is in last year of undergraduate degree). So even if i pay the balance (she has balance of 6k atm) how will she afford to pay the enrollment fee for this trimester?

Related to this problem is that she thinks she will be fired from her job if she has to quit college because she works an early shift to fit in with her college classes. So if her work finds out she isnt going to college anymore they will either fire her or change her shift to a much worse one (think workplace bullying which happened at this later shift)

At least the partial good news is that if she has to stop college now she should have the option to go back and finish it right? (she is in year 3 or 4 of degree)

Also here is a hypothetical question i was wondering about. (when i think about the long term planning). The £18600 minimum that a sponsor must earn each year for the person they are sponsoring to be admitted to UK via visitor visa) can that be split between the sponsor and the visitor? e.g. if she manages to save 5k then the sponsor would only need 13000. Also if the sponsor has savings of 10,000 would they still need to meet the £18600 UK minimum to sponsor their visitor?

I actually would also consider moving to the philippines and living and working there but from what i have heard unless you have a highly specialized job which is extreely sought after in the philippines then its hard to get work permit.

thanks
    JelloDude.... My understanding is that £18,600 is the annual income you must have, savings can contribute to the financial requirement if you have an annual income shortfall, but this only applies to savings above an initial £16k

It is also possible to meet the financial requirement using only savings, but this must equate to £62.5k or more to wholly meet the financial requirement and these savings must be held for at least 6 months prior to the application.

I believe cash savings can be either yours or your partners.

I am sure that other members can validate whether the above is correct or not.

Hope this helps, Best of luck to you..

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    The £18,600 financial requirement for a sponsor is for a settlement visa and NOT a visit visa. For a visit visa, read this.. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...oringavisitor/
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information