Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hi tone.. just been to vfs a couple of weeks ago and got my visa 7 working days after.

To be honest the atmosphere there is not good. I don't like it.

If I have only known, I could have just showed up there without booking it online because they don't really look for the appointment letter.

You don't pay the visa fee... just the service fee of 24 quid.

I did try to contact the Belgium Embassy first but I was referred to vfs
    Life as we make it

Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    hi tone.. just been to vfs a couple of weeks ago and got my visa 7 working days after.

To be honest the atmosphere there is not good. I don't like it.

If I have only known, I could have just showed up there without booking it online because they don't really look for the appointment letter.

You don't pay the visa fee... just the service fee of 24 quid.

I did try to contact the Belgium Embassy first but I was referred to vfs
    Hiya
    Thanks for this much appreciated, I've been reviewing tarvel dates and whilst I want to go to Greece I am a bit concerned it will be too hot for the little one (although he's in Manila now and its been mid 30's-C) so looking at a few other places that means Rina wouldnt need a visa - the list on the DFA web site has been reduced!
    I found so much evidence accross the web that St Lucia (example) was visa free but having been to their immigration page - we do need a visa.

I found this page - not sure if its been posted but most useful!

http://www.visahq.ph/visas.php

Tone

Here's another good resource that shows all the countries that Philippine citizens can visit without visa 'at a glance'

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Here's another good resource that shows all the countries that Philippine citizens can visit without visa 'at a glance'
    I've used this one too Peter the only issue is it is out of date - St Lucia requires visa now as listed below;
    http://archive.stlucia.gov.lc/faq/do...#Require_Visas

I am going through each country, checking the requirements..

Cheers
    Tone

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    I've used this one too Peter the only issue is it is out of date - St Lucia requires visa now as listed below;
    http://archive.stlucia.gov.lc/faq/do...#Require_Visas

I am going through each country, checking the requirements..

Cheers
    Tone
    Tone, I remember someone on here went to Prague without any visa as long as travelling with UK spouse.
    Might be worth checking

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Tone, I remember someone on here went to Prague without any visa as long as travelling with UK spouse.
    Might be worth checking
    Hi Peter

I found this tonight -

http://www.vfsglobal.com/greece/unitedkingdom/eea.html

For the family members of an EU/EEA/CH citizen the visa application procedure is simplified. The following people are defined as family members of an EU citizen:

The spouse;
    The partner with whom the EU citizen has contracted a registered partnership, on the basis of the UK legislation.
    The direct descendants who are under the age of 21 or are dependant, either of the spouse or partner; or the dependant direct relatives in the ascending line and those of the spouse or partner as defined above.

Family members of EU/EEA/CH nationals who are holders of the British residence documentation below, do not require a visa in order to enter Greece, under the condition they are accompanied by the EU citizen or they are going to join him/her.

Do we need a Visa for Rina under this ruling? Do I need to go to the embassey?

She is still under an FLR and has a BRP.

I'm a bit confused..

Thanks
    Tone

Following some more digging I found this -

Q.14 I am a family member of an EU/EEA/CH citizen. Do I need a Schengen visa?
    Ans
    If you are holder of the relevant Residence Documentation (with the phrase Residence Card of a family member of an EEA National endorsed on it) , you do not need a visa provided that you will be travelling with the EU citizen or that you are going to join him/her.

So it looks like I dont need an appointment and therfore we just book the holiday and go?

It sounds a bit too good to be true - so no need to apply for a Schengen visa?

This is doing my head in..

Tone

it did my head in too, thats why i did it my way,made the appointment and paid the fee and i have the 4 years travel, can be cheaper but no more headaches for me

Thanks Steve!

On this page the Greek embassey shows a visa (old one of 5 years ago) but it looks like an ILR/FLR type visa that used to get stuck in the passport;
    http://www.vfsglobal.com/greece/unitedkingdom/eea.html

And that says it all, that if you hold one of these then you do not need a SV.

I am going to call the embassey and find out.. I have an appointment booked anyway but will dig further.

Cheers
    Tone

Tone, unless you go to a destination where no visa is required then your wife will need a visa.

If travelling to EU countries within the Schenghen Region she'll need Schengen visa.

Provided she is the holder of UK visa vaild for 6 months or more she will be eligible.

Please don't try to 'dig' too deep, you'll just find more questions than answers then ultimately give-up and take the route of least resistance.
    If you wife is the holder of a UK Residence Card then in this case no Schengen visa is required.
    From what I know your wife is under UK immigration rules and does not have a 5 year Residence Card

Generally speaking, with a Schengen visa, you can enter one country and travel freely throughout the Schengen region during the validity of the visa.
    You will find border controls are relatively limited with few stops and few checks.
    With good planning, actually securing a Schenghen Visa is not too difficult, but it can be frustrating if you're not prepared.

Be assured you can apply via whichever route you choose.
    Just highlighting that 'family members' should not pay any fee when submitting the application, they cannot be obliged to obtain an appointment via a premium call line or via an external provider whose services are charged to the applicant. Family members must be allowed to lodge their application directly at the consulate without any costs. However, if family members decide not to make use of their right to lodge their application directly at the consulate but to use the extra services, then they should pay for these services.

It may need a couple e-mail to the Embassy to secure the service they are obligated to under EU regulations, but many folks here have done that.

good luck

Respected Member
    My wife received her French issued Schengen visa today. It is valid for 3 years with multiple entry. Given her current UK visa is valid for 2.5 years this is a good result. We are off to the south of France next Monday for a fortnight and may also pop into Spain whilst we were are down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
    My wife received her French issued Schengen visa today. It is valid for 3 years with multiple entry. Given her current UK visa is valid for 2.5 years this is a good result. We are off to the south of France next Monday for a fortnight and may also pop into Spain whilst we were are down there.
    enjoy enjoy ENJOY

Is this TLS outfit as per Steve's original post and link still operating? Links appear to be dead.

Oops sorry folks. Just found them. I think their site must've been down for a few hours.

the TLS way is so easy , you book the time that suits you too, but bear in mind it can take anything between 3 and 5 hours, make sure that the time you book you keep too, and do not get there before your time, only give it 10 mins else they will tell you to come back, there is a small cafe right next door, they will copy any papers there if you forget anything too, any other help just ask, for some reason anakin i cannot send you a message ,

do you have to be married to obtain this visa ?

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    do you have to be married to obtain this visa ?
    No, there's no requirement to be married. However...... being married to an EU citizen makes it a whole lot easier and cheaper.
    For example, as the spouse of an EU citizen there's no need to support things like:- employment, resources/funding, travel and accommodation itinerary, travel and medical insurances etc.

thanks for that Steve. BTW I got your message in the end and replied it.

remember once you have the schengen visa and you have visited the place where it is for you are then free to travel all over Europe in the time they have given you on the visa, so you do not need 1 for every country you visit

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    remember once you have the schengen visa and you have visited the place where it is for you are then free to travel all over Europe in the time they have given you on the visa, so you do not need 1 for every country you visit
    I do not think you can travel all over Europe with a Schengen Visa. Schengen visa is valid for travels within the Schengen territories.
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

RE: SCHENGEN VISA (Spouse of an EU Citizen)

Do you need to obtain a SCHENGEN VISA for every different country you want to visit within a year?

Thanks

Speedyman52

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyman52 View Post
    RE: SCHENGEN VISA (Spouse of an EU Citizen)

Do you need to obtain a SCHENGEN VISA for every different country you want to visit within a year?

Thanks

Speedyman52
    No, but you're meant to apply for a Schengen Visa at the Embassy of the first country you'll visit.
    Within the restrictions of a multiple entry visa you can come and go as you please within it's validity

i booked my visa appointment on 15 October but im having trouble filling in my form.

do i need to answer this :

Residence in a country other than the country of current nationality
    should i put YES for Uk and put my UK SPOUSE VISA # ?
    RHAI ' CHARD o23

Respected Member
    Hi Jlags. Thank you for the useful post as we're heading to the French Consulate on Friday for Rose's Schengen Visa. Did you manage to pick yours up on the day?

Thanks.

I think it's posted to you, but it's only a few days of waiting

Respected Member
    Thanks Steve. I got the impression you collect it from them, we'll see.

Any idea how long the French take to process things and send people away in the morning if you arrive by 9am? I have a business meeting at 1pm near Slough ... trying to plan the day (might involve some shopping which I'm sure Rose will hate ). If not there is the museum next door.

After all these questions we went to Thailand - had a fairly decent trip apart for our baby getting really ill on the last two days.

I've just booked a trip to Rome - Rina really wanted to meet the Pope and I said I'll do my best, but couldnt guarantee it!
    I used up some airmiles on BA and they charged just £70 flat fee so come her birthday we will be in Rome.
    I need to get her ILR done before that - as soon as she has taken that LIUK test and passed it get the visa app in before 28th Oct - will do a PEO visit so its all done quickly..

The pope gives a mass every Wednesday. When we were there we were lucky. Consider your little one too. It can get too crowded in Rome our son was 18 months when we went to Rome.
    Life as we make it

Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    The pope gives a mass every Wednesday. When we were there we were lucky. Consider your little one too. It can get too crowded in Rome our son was 18 months when we went to Rome.
    Thanks for that - shame we wont be there on a Wed as we go Sat and come back Tuesday - didnt want to leave the baby with anyone for any longer really.

Tone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information