Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar

Thumbs up National Insurance Number Experience

I had my appointment last Friday for my NI number and I am glad it went well. Rung the Job Centre the other week to book an appointment and they sent me a letter confirming that I will have my interview in Nottingham in the afternoon. We used 0845 600 0643 to book the appointment.

Docus that I took was:

Job Centre's Letter confirming the appointment
    Marriage Cert
    Passports of me and my husband
    Driving License of my husband
    My BRP
    My NHS letter for proof of address
    Letters from the UKBA for proof of address
    Bills for proof of address

I have a folder where I put all of my documents in there that I took with me so I am pretty sure that there will be no docus left behind that was needed for my interview. As a matter of fact the interview was very straight forward, the lady just ask me few questions and few documents to prove that I live on the address I provided and few identification cards. The interview lasted just 30 mins includes extra chat with her and when I was in the reception waiting to be called.

She said they will send me a letter (used to be a card but they have stopped that already) for my NI number. At the end of the interview I asked the lady the question of why some can ring up the job centre and request a form to get NI via phone and why some of us needs to attend the interview. Her answer was it depends on where the VISA was issued and its origin. For example, the visa was issued in the Philippines (spouse, student, work) they only need to ask for a form and they will send them it by post. People that has been issued a VISA/BRP inside Britain needs to attend an interview for identification purposes.

Also I asked her why they sent me to Notts for my interview and not Lincolns Job Centre. The lady said its is the head office or main office that decides where an applicant goes for an interview. She said they made Nottingham's Job Centre Office to be the main office in the East Midlands to cater applicants for their interviews. I was thinking of sharing it just to clear the questions of our other members mind.

good info for those who need a NI number
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post

Also I asked her why they sent me to Notts for my interview and not Lincolns Job Centre. The lady said its is the head office or main office that decides where an applicant goes for an interview.
    That's what I was told too when I asked the same question. That it was their main office who would tell where the applicant goes. Then that Jobcentre would then be given a list of who are scheduled for interview.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thanks Sir Joe! Just giving the favour back.

Yes! funny isnt it? It wouldve been good if they sent me to Lincoln as its very local and near. Anyways, we cant choose.

Good info Novie thanks for sharing

Glad to hear everything went smoothly.

Thanks Sir Peter. I am glad as well, was nervous to bits. I was sweating like a pig even if it was snowing! Hehehe. But im glad its all done and dusted. xx

Didn't you bring your hubby with you during the interview? Coz Keith kept on talking to the one who interviewed me! Hahahaha
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Didn't you bring your hubby with you during the interview? Coz Keith kept on talking to the one who interviewed me! Hahahaha
    I went with my wife too, she agreed I could join.

No I didnt. Went there on my own. He dropped me in Nottingham at 9am because hes got job in skegness that time to attend to. Hehehe

Well, when Keith and I went for my interview, the interviewer doesn't know anything about the process of being an immigrant here, like the financial requirement, etc. Obviously, a lot doesn't know about how hard and difficult the process is for the genuine and legal immigrants here. The interviewer didn't even know that UKBA has a financial threshold for the British sponsors of non EEA immigrants and that nothing is needed for those with partners from EEA!
    -=rayna.keith=-

No they dont. I can clearly remember the lady who interviwed me said that they havent got clue about UKBA's rules etc after I ask the question regarding the form sent via post. All they know she said was those people who were issued visa outside the UK doesnt need any interview.

Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    All they know she said was those people who were issued visa outside the UK doesnt need any interview.
    this makes sense now, I arrived on a spouse visa that is why they didnt require personal appearance and interview for when I applied for NI
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Yes sars thats the difference between the two. It did enlighten me up a bit as well as my husband when I told him what the lady have said. Clears it up a bit.

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Lol. I just said the same thing on a separate thread started by MissAna. This is the price of not checking the forum often..
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Thread Information