Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Family members - maintenance

CH8 SECT FM 1.7A – FAMILY MEMBERS - MAINTENANCE
    SECTION 6
    (6) The monthly housing and Council Tax costs of the accommodation in the UK in which the applicant (and any other family members who are or will be part of the same household) lives or will live if the application is granted.

My question please my learned friends.
    The applicant will be my future wife in July. So I am confused that it is asking for Council Tax costs? Can any one please help?

Many thanks

John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

My question is this
    Why are you asking that question?

Where does the application form ask that?

In terms of Financial Requirement you MUST either meet the stipulated gross income of £18,600 per year for a couple OR you must qualify for the exemption.

In meeting the Financial Requirement of £18,600 there is no requirement to analyse 'affordability'. UKBA do not require a budget sheet showing living expenses. Period.

If going the exemption route you must show a NET INCOME (after Total housings costs and PAYE deduction) of £111.45 per week per couple (valid until April 5)

John, I very kindly suggest you stay focussed on what's required for your specific case.

Why not study the VAF 4A (December 2012) application forms:-

Personal Details Form - Partner Settlement (spouse visa)

Appendix 2- Financial Requirement Form

Guidance Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    My question is this
    Why are you asking that question?

Where does the application form ask that?

In terms of Financial Requirement you MUST either meet the stipulated gross income of £18,600 per year for a couple OR you must qualify for the exemption.

In meeting the Financial Requirement of £18,600 there is no requirement to analyse 'affordability'. UKBA do not require a budget sheet showing living expenses. Period.

If going the exemption route you must show a NET INCOME (after Total housings costs and PAYE deduction) of £111.45 per week per couple (valid until April 5)

John, I very kindly suggest you stay focussed on what's required for your specific case.

Why not study the VAF 4A (December 2012) application forms:-

Personal Details Form - Partner Settlement (spouse visa)

Appendix 2- Financial Requirement Form

Guidance Notes
    Many thanks Terpe.
    To be honest I have downloaded many PDF files, I think you are right, I am getting confused with all the other different routes.
    The form I looked at is the one for case workers a 59 page doc that covers all scenarios from ILR FLR & mnay other issues.
    I need as you say to totally focus on the two forms for my love, Visa & finantial. Many thanks for re-focusing me.

Take care John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Thread Information