Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

BS-Accountancy grad in Phil now in UK need advice please...

Hi...

I am married here in England since Nov. 28 and now waiting for the result of my FLRM application. I am BSAccountancy graduate in the Philippines with work experienced and i really dont know if they acknowledge my degree here and qualified to apply as accounting staff or bookkeeper in a company. Do i still need to take exams or need to study again in order to be qualified to work in an accountancy work... please advice me what to do... your advice be appreciated. Thank you....

Quote Originally Posted by shevon View Post
    I am BSAccountancy graduate in the Philippines with work experienced and i really dont know if they acknowledge my degree here
    http://www.ecctis.co.uk/naric/Indivi...0the%20UK.aspx
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Hi...

I am married here in England since Nov. 28 and now waiting for the result of my FLRM application. I am BSAccountancy graduate in the Philippines with work experienced and i really dont know if they acknowledge my degree here and qualified to apply as accounting staff or bookkeeper in a company. Do i still need to take exams or need to study again in order to be qualified to work in an accountancy work... please advice me what to do... your advice be appreciated. Thank you....
    Hi shevon, good luck with your FLR(M). It should be OK with no major issues.

Concerning your Bachelor of Science Accountancy, to be completely sure of the official stance the link from joebloggs is the only accepted source. You may find you need to pay an admin fee. Probably worth it in you case.

In practice you may well find a number of job positions are available to you in Bookkeeping or as an accounting junior.
    Others may well offer employment on condition of continuing examinations.
    In UK there is really no hard-and-fast rules or definitions these days.
    It's better to apply the jobs you really want and will excite you and let the employer tell you if your already adequately qualified or if further education is needed. Very often the employer will offer to support any further studies needed. (with time-off and financial support)
    No harm in trying. All great experience for you.

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Hi Shevon,

Good Luck with your FLR(M) application. With regards to your accountancy degree in the Philippines, it is worth checking the link provided by Joe. You can opt for a Career Path Report (which is a lot more detailed and of course, expensive). I am currently gaining my qualifications to become an accountant and I find lessons similar (probably some difference in the terms) to those taught in the Philippines, so I think you would not have problems getting job bookkeeping to start with. Similar jobs that might suit you would be Purchase Ledger/Sales Ledger Clerk . Most of these jobs require Sage 50 experience, so you would be on advantage if you had that experience in the Philippines.

Some universities/training providers do credit transfer so it is also worth checking if you want to study further. You can also check these websites if you want to progress to chartered accountancy.

http://www.aat.org.uk/qualifications...FUbMtAodOHYA7Q
    http://www.cimaglobal.com/Our-locations/UK/
    http://uk.accaglobal.com/
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Terpe,
    Thank you so much for your advice... It helps... Now I know now what to do. Thank you..................... Cheersssssssssss!!!!!

jlags90,

Thank you so much for your advice. I will try to check all the website you extend to me. Thank you... Now, what I made me busy is have self study about Personal Taxation and practicing my husband books. But I am really interested to upgrade my education just to use it here. Hope you do well in your Accountancy Journey and I'll be glad hearing more from you always. Salamat Dear... Mwah!

Be safe....

Shevon ... this is just a quick post from me to acknowledge your first thread, you officially to our friendly website and wish you all the very best with both your FLR (M) and your efforts in comparing your current accountancy qualifications with the ones required to pursue your profession in this country.

Thank you so much Arthur Little...

I just want to make myself occupied while I am waiting for my FLR (M) and do self study about taxation here in England. And welcome some advises from you and from other members so I'll be guided and learn... Big Help...

Thank you....

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    jlags90,

Thank you so much for your advice. I will try to check all the website you extend to me. Thank you... Now, what I made me busy is have self study about Personal Taxation and practicing my husband books. But I am really interested to upgrade my education just to use it here. Hope you do well in your Accountancy Journey and I'll be glad hearing more from you always. Salamat Dear... Mwah!

Be safe....
    No problem. Just give me a shout if you need more info about AAT. I will try to help if I can but no double entry questions please.
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Haha thank you jlags20 no double entry questions. Hahaha... England taxation? Yes.... allot. Hahaha at the moment im having self study about England taxation here at home while waiting for my visa results.... my nose is bleeding.... im trying to find books just all computations and tax rate. I feel sleepy with all theories...grrrrrrrh..... nalibat jokemz cge read...hehe

Thread Information