Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Age difference

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Age difference

Anyone in this situation? I'm a 68 year old guy and met a wonderful Filipino woman who is 27. Ha ha, we did not mean to fall in love but it happened !

Now that was 18 months ago so would just like the advice of anyone in same situation.

Thankyou.

Welcome to the forum.

To be honest, and I don't mean to judge, but if the lady is 27 with no children, I would certainly question her motives. I can quite believe that you fell in love with her, Filipinas are enchanting, beautiful and sexy. But think long and hard about if she could really fall in love with someone who is nearly 40 years older. Remember that she will be very family orientated, maybe pressured to find a man at any cost (maybe for the benefit of the wider family) so be very careful. We have had horror stories from members who fell into this trap before with very sad endings for the guy involved.

Don't get me wrong, age makes no difference to many many people. But last time I was in Phils my wife and I saw an older gent with a young beautiful girl wraped around him, and we both thought the same thing.

I wish you luck and love, but please be careful.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    Lucky man.

You're only here once...but as above, beware the rose-coloured specs of course.

My girl is also 27, but then again, I'm a mere 61 year-old youngster.

No offence meant Graham, but I know you have a vast knowledge of the territory and you already have your eyes open to everything I mentioned. Maybe you can offer more advice than me. But, what you say about only being here once, is spot on too.

Quote Originally Posted by reldas View Post
    anyone in this situation im a 68 year old guy and met a wonderful Filipino woman who is 27 ha ha we did not mean to fall in love but it happened now that was 18 months ago so would just like the advice of anyone in same situation thankyou
    Hi and welcome to the forum

Graham's right you only live once so ignore the numbers, tread carefully and have fun.

Tell us a bit more - how did you meet? Have you been to the Philippines yet and what are yours and the lady's plans?? There are plenty on here who have trodden the same path so you're amongst friends.

Well go for it, you have known each other for 18 months, so just be careful and take each day as it comes

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    No offence meant Graham, but I know you have a vast knowledge of the territory and you already have your eyes open to everything I mentioned. Maybe you can offer more advice than me. But, what you say about only being here once, is spot on too.
    Hey...none taken mate.

I can't help it if my lady has appalling taste.

anyone in this situation im a 68 year old guy and met a wonderful Filipino woman who is 27 ha ha we did not mean to fall in love but it happened now that was 18 months ago so would just like the advice of anyone in same situation thankyou
    Don't get me wrong but I think you are old enough to be given or listen to any advice.

A Perfect example of an ''old man'' who doesn't listen to any advice is my great grandad 85y/o - married his carer (28y/o), yes it amuses all the family to see them together even shocked the whole clan when the wife bear a child

Anyway, after 3 years of marriage he died and he left a ''will'' ...ONLY his son got a share in his properties '' EXCLUDING'' the wife !!.. Smart Aarse!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

If u think she will makes you happy and stick with you and will be loyal to you, it doesn't matter. Whatever her intentions, then go for it. Just makes sure you oriented yourself first with the cultures and family values.

Age is just a number and marriage not only involve love and trust...above all respect, understanding and acceptance. Which by your age you already knew.

Age really doesn't matter..I'm 19 year old when I first met my husband and he is 45 ..and now we are still together. The important thing is, as long as you love each other and put GOD in your relationship, that will really makes your relationship strong.

I was 61 and my wife 25 when we first met online. We met in person after 9 months and any doubts I may have had about "age difference" were cast aside during our first meeting. We have been blissfully married for 6 years come April. So Reldas, if you and your love truly believe your relationship will work then go for it. Don't get hung up on what other people might think, it's what you think and believe that counts. I really suspect that your posting tells me you are concerned about reactions from your friends and family. Good look anyway.

"People do things for their own reason"

Quote Originally Posted by oakwell View Post
    I really suspect that your posting tells me you are concerned about reactions from your friends and family.
    I think you may be right.

No matter what anyone says, if you are both happy then walk proud with your lady. I think here in the Uk the reactions can be hard to take, maybe people will talk behind your back and snigger, but what do they know? If you really got to the hub of why they say bad things it is because they are jealous and are stuck in lifeless relationships. At least you have the balls to try to find love on the other side of the planet.

Most of us here have also made a similar move in our lives. It is never going to be easy, but in the end it is your happiness that really matters. My first post was probably a little negative, but just a warning. The main thing that I will say is that your lady may also get pressure because of the age difference, but it can work, also good examples here in the forum. Give your lady and her family respect and they wont see the age difference but just see a 'couple' in love. Enjoy life.

I married a Filipina lady in 2008, I was 64 and she was 28, she was a young beautiful woman, but she had no children and, I was worried because I had had the snip around 20 years ago that meant it likely could not be reversed, and I thought at some time she would want children, she assured me she would rather us be together with no children than not, which made me happy.

We had had money issues with her using money I sent for the wedding being used for other things with no explanation but I put that down to her not being used to having money.

We had a big wedding in the Philippines with all her family present, after the wedding and honeymoon she disappeared with money I had left for her visa and fare to the UK, that she insisted she wanted to book herself, she did come to the UK around 18 months later but I soon saw she did not want to be with me, only to be in the UK.

It turned out when she disappeared after our wedding, she was with a boyfriend she had had all along, and they then had a child, which she left with him so she could come to the UK, with of course me paying her visa and fare again.

I loved her but she used that too for her need for money.
    Mick.

Respected Member
    Proceed with caution, get to know one another well. Appreciate that with cultural differences and a large age gap the future won't be plain sailing. However, if you are both happy, then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Thankyou to everyone who answered very helpful indeed. Can I just add, this lady does not want to leave her homeland and does not want to come to England. She has one child. She has, on multiple occasions, turned down offers of help from me so money is not the motive. She also works self employed full time, lives in the country - not a city. All in all, she's a decent woman - not after cash gifts or anything like that. We both have tried very hard to resist our feelings but failed, ha ha. Again, thankyou for your comments

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I am 70 years of age and my Maritess is 28 next month, we first met 3 years ago and we have been living together two years 1 month, we married on October 18th 2011. We are extremely happy together and are now looking forward to many more years of happiness together. I suggest you go for it as long as you are sure she is the one you want to spend your life with. If you have any specific questions you would like to ask, don't hesitate, I will try to help you as much as I can. Good luck Reldas.

My mum has a partner who is 78 years old - same age as my grandma,lol. My mum is just 48 at that time. I know their relationship is genuine because that old man doesn't receive much from his pension. He loves spending his money in the Philippines because cigs and alcohol are cheap there (according to lolo Mick). That's why my mum message me in skype or fb asking for money because that old man doesn't share at all on the expense at home. He has free accommodation, food and utilities. That's why I can prove that not all Filipina ladies are after the money of British men. My mum is just unlucky to have a hooligan. lol

Newbie (Restricted Access) Jhen's Avatar
    My British bf is 30 yrs older than me, he visited me many times. I'm not asking for money from him, but he sent for no reasons. And everytime he came here to Phils, I always show to him his money that he sent to me...I told him 'I chose u not because of ur money, but for ur attitudes, that u can handle me when I have this 'tantrums' or when I feel sad...in a simple way he can make me smile...most of the time, he acts as a joker...just to make me laugh in times that I'm lonely when we're together..or even when we are apart...but in the end ..he will say "the money that I sent to u before, we use it for the rest of the days I am here in the Phils with u"

Thankyou to everyone who answered very helpful indeed. Can I just add, this lady does not want to leave her home land and does not want to come to England. She has one child. She has, on multiple occasions, turned down offers of help from me, so money is not the motive. She also works self employed full time, lives in the country - not a city. All in all, she's a decent woman - not after cash gifts or anything like that. We both have tried very hard to resist our feelings but failed, ha ha. Again thankyou for your comments
    It sounds like you found yourself a real diamond. I wish you much happiness.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    My wife is 32 years younger than me, I was 66 when we married she was 34. We came to live in Spain. I was concerned that we might get adverse comments re our age difference.

That was 8 very happy years ago, and I know now that my concerns were unfounded.

You sound just like my g\f, she just sends cash back to me so no point in sending more. Thanks

Well, my story. Met my wife now in 2008. Skip forward to today. We have a nearly three year old son who calls me "Panget "!! And a beautiful wife that calls me daddy in my local. Needless to say, truly happy and with our 10 year gap. Enjoy !!!!!!! And use your experience of life. Timbo

If I was just 17 my wife would be 1
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Well, I am 42 my wife 24 - so 18 years' difference. She is so mature for her age, that the difference does not matter, plus with little one here we have both never felt happier...

Banned
    me--65

she--42

big deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    If I was just 17 my wife would be 1
    That's a coincidence boss - cos if I was 17, my wife would be 1 also

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

If I was 17, my wife might be breaking the law

Do you think she could prove without a doubt it was consensual?

She is 2 years older than me!
    Last edited by jake; 15th March 2013 at 08:23. Reason: add on

I did use to wonder about such relationships, but I met quite a few ex-pats when over in the Phils who had married much younger women & both parties seemed to be very happy in most cases. Whether such a huge age gap would work in the UK though, I would wonder.

What are ones motives in forming a relationship - love, security, companionship, etc? If all these factors are in place, really what does it matter?

I'm 62, my wife is 35 and we now have a 5 month old baby who is younger than 2 of my grandchildren. And as u can see on here, there are quite a few couples who have a large age gap. So go for it - and be happy.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Just looking back, This was a really good thread, very positive comments. What thread did you find that you enjoyed?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information