Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Barrio Fiesta London 2013

Important statement from the Philippine Centre regarding the Barrio Fiesta sa London

Announcement

The Philippine Centre, together with our partner, ABS-CBN Europe Ltd, is very pleased to inform all our members, sponsors, stall holders, volunteers and supporters that the 29th Barrio Fiesta sa London 2013 will be held at Apps Court Farm (Hampton Court, Surrey, KT12 2EG).

The Barrio Fiesta has evolved over the years thus the requirements have also changed. To that end, we have found a venue which we believe to be more suitable. Therefore, it will not be held in Lampton Park, Hounslow as it was in the past.

We would like to thank the London Borough of Hounslow and all the various partners and supporters who have assisted us over many years. We will always treasure the fond memories of holding the Barrio Fiesta sa London in Hounslow.

The Philippine Centre and ABS-CBN will be announcing more details over the coming months, so please keep checking our website for the latest information.

The Philippine Centre

8th March 2013

Source:-
    http://www.fil-event.com/blogs_/Impo...he-Barri.shtml

Banned
    Privately owned setup I wonder what the entry and parking charges will be

http://www.appscourtfarm.com/

Good post Terpe I was looking for this info last week
    Been to this place before and would say it's not as well serviced by Public Transport as Lampton Park, so I guess they're looking at making a killing on the Car Parking at £10 a time.
    Probably means that my local one at Morden is a lot easier for people in London to get to on Public Transport.

Banned
    Marco I know the area a little - it is not as well served as Hounslow/Lampton. The two nearest railway stations Hersham & Hampton Court are both 2.5 miles away . It is off the A3050 I'm not sure if any buses run along there between Walton & Molesey/Hampton Court.

The address is misleading I'd say it is much closer to Walton on Thames than Hampton Court

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Marco I know the area a little - it is not as well served as Hounslow/Lampton. The two nearest railway stations Hersham & Hampton Court are both 2.5 miles away . It is off the A3050 I'm not sure if any buses run along there between Walton & Molesey/Hampton Court.

The address is misleading I'd say it is much closer to Walton on Thames than Hampton Court
    You're right Ded. My ex used to go to a Sunday boot sale there and we always classed it as Walton on Thames.
    Don't know why they moved as there's only so many Phone Card stalls and Apartment sales reps you can put up with in a day.

I was wondering is the event in morden as big as the hounslow event Surrey is a bit too far from north London

Not quite as big but pretty close. It's only south end of the Northern Line and a 10 to 15 min walk or short bus ride.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Not quite as big but pretty close. It's only south end of the Northern Line and a 10 to 15 min walk or short bus ride.
    Thats right and they normally run a free shuttle bus from the tube station

Don't forget it's the Barrio Fiesta sa London this coming weekend. Anybody going.

http://www.londonbarriofiesta.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Don't forget it's the Barrio Fiesta sa London this coming weekend. Anybody going.

http://www.londonbarriofiesta.com/
    We're seriously considering it, especially as the weather looks set to continue sunny and warm

If I go you'll easily spot me, I'll be the bloke in a black cap with white Japanese Characters on the front

Marco, do you know of any Hotels in the vicinity ?

Ems going i am not so look out for her , you cannot miss her because she is just perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    We're seriously considering it, especially as the weather looks set to continue sunny and warm

If I go you'll easily spot me, I'll be the bloke in a black cap with white Japanese Characters on the front

Marco, do you know of any Hotels in the vicinity ?
    Plenty of Hotels in the area Terpe as it's fairly close to Heathrow and right by Hampton Court Palace. Not able to recommend anything apart from the White Hart Hotel Hampton Wick used to do a nice selection of real ales some years back and fairly decent food.
    I think Dedworth knows the area so he might be able to give you a few pointers.

http://whiteharthoteluk.co.uk/

I did phone a few Hotels yesterday afternoon but either full or far too expensive for me.
    I'll keep trying.
    I'll check out the link you kindly posted. Thanks Marco

Banned
    I don't really know anywhere in the area - I'd avoid St Giles Hotel Feltham . Theres Hilton at Cobham £78 on Sat Night http://www.lastminute.com

de Vere Venue East Horsley £39.00 (these are odd places corporate training & conference centres open to Joe Public at weekends
    http://www.deverevenues.co.uk/locations.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I don't really know anywhere in the area - I'd avoid St Giles Hotel Feltham . Theres Hilton at Cobham £78 on Sat Night http://www.lastminute.com

de Vere Venue East Horsley £39.00 (these are odd places corporate training & conference centres open to Joe Public at weekends
    http://www.deverevenues.co.uk/locations.html
    Thanks Dedworth. Much appreciated

Hope you found a hotel Terpe sir going to be interesting how it goes this year just a little remote I would suspect for many regulars so they will rely on a friend with a car or the shuttle bus. I presume all the bendy buses Boris scraped will be in use as at peak times hundreds are coming and going at previous years events pretty much all of the day..

I feel for those who travel there on their own or have to leave early for work or to catch a last train or booked coach ..
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Hope you found a hotel Terpe
    Good news and bad news.
    The good news is I found a hotel Travelodge...cheap as chips.
    The bad news is my wife was asked to do long days (7am-10pm) today and tomorrow at work. Sunday will be restful.
    So the hotel got un-booked, luckily not probs

Never mind, more spending money for our upcoming trip to Vatican City. A much better prospect by far imho

Vatican city, dont mind me asking what price are you looking at to get there and back, and which airport too, i have been looking but cant seem to get cheaper then £230, just the flights

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Vatican city, dont mind me asking what price are you looking at to get there and back, and which airport too, i have been looking but cant seem to get cheaper then £230, just the flights
    Steve, I booked flights and hotel with British Airways.
    The hotel is ESH in Roma with two free nights.
    Flying Club class from Gatwick (£100 per person cheaper than economy flight from Heathrow)

Cost me £630 for a week for flights (club) and hotel (4*) with brekky.

Just booked a full day tour of Vatican City with Dark Rome

Gonna have some fun

Steve, I booked flights and hotel with British Airways.
    The hotel is ESH in Roma with two free nights.
    Flying Club class from Gatwick (£100 per person cheaper than economy flight from Heathrow)

Cost me £630 for a week for flights (club) and hotel (4*) with brekky.

Just booked a full day tour of Vatican City with Dark Rome

Gonna have some fun
    wow, thats a great price

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    wow, thats a great price
    Check out the BA city breaks Steve they do some pretty hefty discounts for Flights+Hotels

Mind you, for a week away it's not a cheap holiday. Especially as I've added some tours. But it's a dream of Carina to go there and I know it'll be a lifetime memory.

...........Till the next dream

to tell the truth we are looking at rome and venice this year but its getting the time off together,
    Ems has got her two weeks booked but there is a problem sep 21st till oct 6th great, but they said she cannot have it all she will have to come to work on sept 27th and again sept 29th,
    So we are looking at plan 104 now

I live local, and as mentioned, avoid St Giles hotel at all costs.... there is a travelodge no further than a 5 minute walk away, never stayed there personally, but it has to be better than St Giles!

If travelling by car from there to Apps farm you are looking at a 20 minute drive or so.

I originall booked the Travelodge on Ashley Park Road, Walton-on-Thames.
    That's just a couple of miles away. Maybe 5-10 mins max driving time.

The closest place I could find was The Weir Hotel on Waterside Drive.
    Just a couple of hundred meters walking, but the price of £95 was too rich me

Sorry to hear about the change in work times :-( Terpe. On Rome and the Vatican about 600 quid sounds right for a few days there we stayed near the central station and a bus took you right outside the Vatican. Worth getting the tourist card forgotten the name but includes a travel ticket for a few days and free or cheaper entry to quite a few places of intrest.
    The best bit about Rome is with a pinay you will never be lost as so many phills there. Especially hanging round the central station on a Saturday or Sunday.

Although due to the economic situation in Italy foreigners are not always treated so well as we found out last week generally Phill are treated quite well by Italians Compared to other non European looking foreigners.

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Sorry to hear about the change in work times :-( Terpe. On Rome and the Vatican about 600 quid sounds right for a few days there we stayed near the central station and a bus took you right outside the Vatican. Worth getting the tourist card forgotten the name but includes a travel ticket for a few days and free or cheaper entry to quite a few places of intrest.
    The best bit about Rome is with a pinay you will never be lost as so many phills there. Especially hanging round the central station on a Saturday or Sunday.

Although due to the economic situation in Italy foreigners are not always treated so well as we found out last week generally Phill are treated quite well by Italians Compared to other non European looking foreigners.
    Thanks, my wife is really looking forward to it.
    Seems she's working again tomorrow morning too. She finds it hard to refuse. As a carer she has much more conscience about the job than the management (it seems)

In my previous life as a Railway Engineer I spend lots of great times in Italy. We had offices all over.
    Funny thing though, I never actually got to Vatican City so I'm also very excited.

Thanks, my wife is really looking forward to it.
    Seems she's working again tomorrow morning too. She finds it hard to refuse. As a carer she has much more conscience about the job than the management (it seems)

In my previous life as a Railway Engineer I spend lots of great times in Italy. We had offices all over.
    Funny thing though, I never actually got to Vatican City so I'm also very excited.
    It was quite a good day trip was far more impressed with the cathedral than I thought I would be but the climb to the top is if the weather warm quite challenging for some and to be honest so crowded up on the viewing Point it was not fun.

But saying that I will never forget the way the Nuns taught the ostentatious candians a lesson when they would not let them look at the very expensive silver and jewel encrusted crosses on the wall behind the counter but did my wife who was looking for the cheapest smallest crosses she could find to send home as much as possible for family and friends.

I love Italy and it's people warm and friendly but sad to notice the looks we got this time from some :-(

Banned
    Went for the afternoon, I preferred Hounslow

We went today and there was a huge turnout. At £10 a car they took a fortune in parking. We passed Hampton Court on the way there and the queue for the Free bus was very long.
    All in all I thought it was much the same as Morden but on a bigger scale although I have to say that the stage show was better . I enjoyed Kim Chiu as did the wife and the whole crowd.
    Wife wanted to go tomorrow as she says there's some good artists but alas I'm underground for 8 hours.
    Must confess I wouldn't fancy using public transport to get there and back as it would make it a long day.
    Hope anyone going tomorrow has a good day.

I bet they did take some money as it is so remote and so many pinay I know of would not miss going for all the tea in China. So a captured market and all that. It looks like we are going tomorrow and will drive and get hit for a ten pound fee.
    I guess the almost scam like trying to charge people walking into lampton park didn't work a few years as people realised it was a public space so the promoters will encourage users to pay out more or have a longer journey.

Would like to add not much harder for us and a tenner will not break the bank but thepinay population in my eexperience is not always a high car owning group or one flush with cash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information