Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Respected Member
    £900 is way too much! I booked 4 seats for October me wife and 2 kids £1740. It is on Kuwait but when you've got kids it's an expensive game.

So I will go on any airline, Cathay are ok, but for service I like Malaysian and Asiana, even if their connecting flights are a bit longer than Cathay..

Try searching on Kayak as well as Skyscanner, just be careful though, the more you look the higher the price becomes. So do all your searching on one computer, then book from another and you should get nearer your original best price. I'm off on Wednesday with Emirates and when I first looked my flight was about 3K but when I came to book it went up 50% booked from my office computer and it was back to the original price

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Try searching on Kayak as well as Skyscanner, just be careful though, the more you look the higher the price becomes. So do all your searching on one computer, then book from another and you should get nearer your original best price. I'm off on Wednesday with Emirates and when I first looked my flight was about 3K but when I came to book it went up 50% booked from my office computer and it was back to the original price
    That`s a good tip, the same thing happens when looking for car insurance. Another way around is to get rid of the cookies on your computer.

All great advice, if you are happy with the price book it, yes it may be cheaper a few days later but it could be a lot more too,never pay more then £650 and thats for the best dates and times to suit yourself, no hours spent on transfers but a very quick way to your place and dont forget its coming back to england that is a pain so make sure thats a quick flight too

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Advertising removed until further notice

Any extra discounts for this forum?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Travel View Post
    Advertising removed until further notice
    If you want to advertise your travel deals, read this thread Advertising on FilipinoUK for the advertisement options in the forum.

ADVERTISING YOUR BUSINESS IN FILIPINOUK IS NOT ALLOWED UNLESS YOU WOULD PAY THE CORRESPONDING FEES.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

The reason your tickets are expensive is because you,re flying smack in the middle of holiday season where demand is higher and they can sell the seats at a higher price no problem. Try to fly out of season and you can get tickets for around £500 quite easily

For trips to Cebu, you cannot beat Cathay for the shortest layover hour and a half. That,s the way I,m going from now on. Even if the price is slightly higher, there is nothing worse than hanging around an airport waiting for your next flight.

I know I'm stating the absolute bleeping obvious, but in the rush ( ) to book a ticket, someone MIGHT overlook this.............

When you look on such as skyscanner, you can filter for cheapest, but the very cheapest often have ridiculous layovers. Always look for the total travel time, aim for about 19/20 hours as a guide, this means just a few hours wait for the transfer.

Unless of course you like having a 40 hour wait at Abu Dhabi to save £25 Mind you for that I'd book a hotel in the city and have a mini break (Have never done, camels don't appeal to me, but you know)

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi there ... I'm traveling out in December - unfortunately the most expensive time! If anyone knows of somewhere I can get a cheap ticket, I would be very grateful ...

Southall Travel always good prices for me
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

We recently used Budget Air
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Oh, one more thing...............

ALWAYS, ALWAYS pay at least the deposit on a credit card...........NEVER by bank transfer

Also do a search on the agent you book through, a £10 saving could be your biggest ever nightmare if anything were to go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    For trips to Cebu, you cannot beat Cathay for the shortest layover hour and a half. That,s the way I,m going from now on. Even if the price is slightly higher, there is nothing worse than hanging around an airport waiting for your next flight.
    I agree with you tiger! We used Cathay Pacific on our recent holiday to Philippines last April, 2 hours of stop over but never had the time to wait for our next flight in the airport as we were transferred directly to the connecting flight when we arrived to Hongkong. Boarding just after arriving! 12 hours from Heathrow-Hongkong, then 2 and half hours form Hongkong-Cebu. £645 each of us considering it was an Easter season. We booked the flight 6 months before though.

I remembered flying with Qatar airlines going to England, it was ever so long journey...almost 24 hours I think plus not to mention the 8-hour stopover at the airport.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information