Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question The 10 Best Microwave Ovens

Forget reheating coffee and nuking cold pasta. These hi-tech gadgets can do everything from stews to roast chicken...

1. Panasonic

This feature-packed microwave (NN-ST479S) comes with sensor cooking, turbo reheating and 18 cooking programmes. The automatic programme for vegetables and the defrosting function are particularly impressive and there's plenty of room for large dinner plates.

£159.28, johnlewis.com

2. Next

Available in a range of funky colours and with a matching toaster and kettle, this excels at microwave basics – heating up food quickly, spreading the heat across the food and not leaving your food shrivelled up. Other handy features include a delayed start button.

£68, next.co.uk

3. Kenwood

This isn't very roomy inside but more than makes up for that with its two-stage cooking option (where you defrost your food, then cook it). The K20MSS10 is quick to heat, great at defrosting and there are plenty of auto-cook programmes.

£54.99, currys.co.uk

4. Whirlpool Jet Chef

This combination microwave provides convection, grill and microwave cooking options and has some really clever features and accessories. It offers superb defrosting and grilling and you can see your food clearly as it cooks, although the child lock is worryingly easy to deactivate.

£290, appliancesonline.co.uk

5. Sainsbury's

Despite the low price tag, this microwave reheats and defrosts food evenly. It's also very energy efficient and has a surprising number of useful features for an own-brand model, including a quick-start button and auto-reheat buttons for foods including pizza and soup.

£39.99, sainsburys.co.uk

6. Neff

Built-in microwaves are always top dollar, but this machine (C57M70N3GB), which can heat, defrost, bake and grill, is well worth the extra dosh if you can afford it. Quite simply, it excels at everything it does, as well as boasting an oven-style pull-down door, a huge inside space, a self-clean mechanism and a digital display that automatically dims at night.

£740, appliancesonline.co.uk

7. Fagor Spoutnik

Named after the first ever satellite launched into Earth's orbit, this machine certainly looks space age. The spherical shape lends itself to foods such as whole chickens and you get a 360-degree view of your food while its cooking, as well as easy access to the internal cooking area.

£198.92, amazon.co.uk

8. Sharp Steam Wave

If you like food in a hurry, this is the microwave for you. It's incredibly fast, as well as offering impressive results, particularly for grilling and steaming. Unlike many other microwaves, you can also heat several meals in a row without losing temperature.

£286.99, go-electrical.co.uk

9. Dunelm Mill

This takes longer than most microwaves, but features include a delayed start, child lock and multi-step programming and it enables you to reheat everything from pizza to popcorn. It's also good at maintaining power output.

£49.99, dunelm-mill.com

10. Whirlpool MAX 35 Mood

A long-standing favourite among consumers, thanks largely to its rounded back that allows it to fit easily into corners. This limited edition model comes in a vibrant colour that Whirlpool calls sensual rouge (red, to the rest of us) and it crisps and browns as well as reheating meals.

£179.99, argos.co.uk

Source:-
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...internalSearch

We bought the Panasonic combination microwave from Costco late last year and its excellent, but quite big.
    Also good for cooking bread as it can keep it at 40c for proving and then just takes a few minutes to heat up for cooking, compared to our conventional electric oven that takes 15 to 20 minutes to get up to temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    We bought the Panasonic combination microwave from Costco late last year and its excellent, but quite big.
    Also good for cooking bread as it can keep it at 40c for proving and then just takes a few minutes to heat up for cooking, compared to our conventional electric oven that takes 15 to 20 minutes to get up to temperature.
    I saw that one on our last trip to Costco. The wife told me it's too expensive.
    I'll keep my eye on it though and see if the price comes down. Seemed impressive.

I don't use a microwave that much really, but I recently bought a microwave steamer and always use that for vegetables and corn-on-the-cob.
    I also stick jacket potatoes in the microwave to soften them up them put them in a very hot oven for about 15 mins to get the skins nicely dark and crispy

Maybe just a basic simple microwave is best for me.

We did go looking for just a microwave but after reading what it could do and looking at reviews went for the combination.It makes a good job of jacket potatoes, one of my boys stuffs himself with carbs and chicken to maintain his 16 stone body of muscle and it probably saves us money by being quicker to use than a conventional oven.
    I am amazed at how you can set it to microwave,cook and grill in one program.

Banned
    ONN (Asda Own Brand) 800w stainless steel 3 years old about £35.00 combi grill and microwave. Top spec

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    ONN (Asda Own Brand) 800w stainless steel 3 years old about £35.00 combi grill and microwave. Top spec
    Snap. Only really use it to soften up the Jacket Potatoes. Good value for money.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Only use mine to defrost, don't know how to work a microwave, too high tech for me!

Thread Information