Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Fil-Brit Couple horrific four years in Filipino Jail Cell

''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    They are both members of this forum if I'm correct (or is it just Charlene?). There has been a long thread about them here (courtesy of fred). It's such a pity that no one from the British Embassy or UK Government can help them..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    They are both members of this forum if I'm correct (or is it just Charlene?). There has been a long thread about them here (courtesy of fred). It's such a pity that no one from the British Embassy or UK Government can help them..
    Yes, you're correct, Rayna. Charlene was, indeed, a regular contributor on the forum ... between July 23 and September 15, 2009. During this relatively short time, she managed to cram in a "staggering" number of 478 posts - in connection with her businessman husband, Kevin's misfortunes - under the pseudonymn, 'British Detained'.

Thereafter, her contact with us suddenly ceased [presumably] for the reasons you've outlined and, of course, Fred latterly became actively involved in a campaign for the couple's release from detention.

I can see a little hope...

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/n...ino_jail_hell/

''Last night North Swindon MP Justin Tomlinson’s office confirmed representations had been made on the Taylors’ behalf to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. If the couple are not freed next month the department has agreed to send a formal notice to the Filipino government, requesting the case be expedited.''

Good update sars, thanks.

I've been following this sad case for some time.

Respected Member
    I follow the yahoo group for their plight, and find it very saddening. Whilst I couldn't say whether they actually committed a crime or not, the real issue I have is the way the court case has been treated. Years upon years with it always being delayed and the prosecution failing to provide evidence and even failing to turn up to court.
    Essentially it brings home that justice in the Philippines is really just a case of how much money you have and how well connected you are.
    With a bit of cash, they would have been out of this situation within weeks. No cash, and they are left to rot for years without trial.

Thinking of going to the Philippines on a shoestring? Always worthwhile having a credit card available with a few thousand pounds limit available for emergencies. This goes for an awful lot of countries in the world actually.

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    I can see a little hope...

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/n...ino_jail_hell/

''Last night North Swindon MP Justin Tomlinson’s office confirmed representations had been made on the Taylors’ behalf to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. If the couple are not freed next month the department has agreed to send a formal notice to the Filipino government, requesting the case be expedited.''
    yes a bit of good news, why has it taken so long thou

However the couple, who ran a visa and travel consultancy in Manila, say they only provided advice and guidance and did not act as a recruitment agency.

i suppose you have to be really careful about what you do and be aware of all the laws and regulations
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

being connected is so important, I met Mayor Hagedorn of Puerto Princesa city at christmas (his nephew is at kindergarten with my two kids) and despite my misgivings about all filipino politicians I gladly took his name card and always have it with me. It has his personal mobile just in case I get into any made up grief with local officials. Sad but true, if you want to live in the Phils have back up money and get connected. I cannot believe this case is still dragging on though..
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

I wonder what his immigration status is ?
    Could he be subject to overstay penalties? Could he be 'deported' to UK without his wife?

How would he be seen by UKBA/Home office in terms of having his wife join him here?

Just thinking out loud.

It's a very complex situation

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I have contacted one member of the filipino association in swindon , and i only got a reply saying..''you know how it works in the PH'' ...having said that, i do understand , yes we filipinos can raise money for them but they will still be in jail ...the case is so complex and illegal recruitment is a major crime in the PH!! as always, ignorance of the law is no excuse.
    hope we get good updates soon.

Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    being connected is so important, I met Mayor Hagedorn of Puerto Princesa city at christmas (his nephew is at kindergarten with my two kids) and despite my misgivings about all filipino politicians I gladly took his name card and always have it with me. It has his personal mobile just in case I get into any made up grief with local officials. Sad but true, if you want to live in the Phils have back up money and get connected. I cannot believe this case is still dragging on though..
    Connections will do no good especially if the case has been publicised and sensationalized by the media/ press.

if the witness's don't turn up for the hearing in court should carry on without them or you order the witnesses to attend and issue a warrant if they don't. its that it should take 4yrs.

I wonder what his immigration status is ?
    Could he be subject to overstay penalties? Could he be 'deported' to UK without his wife?

It's a very complex situation

I read elsewhere that his imprisonment is not a valid excuse for not extending his visa or not reporting to B.I once a year etc etc!!
    Personally I think this is complete TOSH!! Of course it is a valid excuse!!
    I wonder if the person writing these posts can provide an official source for this so called information? Did he contact B.I for clarification?

How would he be seen by UKBA/Home office in terms of having his wife join him here?

Just thinking out loud.
    Just thinking back to the case involving the Brit David Scott and his girlfriend..
    I believe that the Girl was issued a visa on compassionate grounds.. It does happen.

Trusted Member
    Clearly our government is more willing to finance ridiculous 'human rights' cases involving totally undeserving idiots, or to compensate hundreds of Iraqis ex-prisoners with in all probability totally unproven cases of 'torture', and to also pay further millions every year to foreigners with spurious claims against them, rather than looking after their own citizens abroad....unless put under massive pressure by the media, who of course in reality, RUN our pathetic country.

It's damned disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post

Just thinking back to the case involving the Brit David Scott and his girlfriend..
    I believe that the Girl was issued a visa on compassionate grounds.. It does happen.
    yes, she got the visa for ''humanitarian reason'' (note: the Uk embassy in the Philippines didnt help them...they flee on a different country in which they help her obtain it)

Thread Information