Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

Philippine Embassy: Report Of Marriage

Since a lot had asked in the past about Report Of Marriage to the Philippine Embassy, it's better to put a sticky thread on the forum about the process. I just got my copy of Report of Marriage from the Embassy, sent it on Wednesday last week, they received it on Thursday, they signed the papers on Friday, they posted it on Monday, and got it today (Tuesday). So much for Filipino time eh?

Anyway, the documents required is listed below (this is the one written on the downloadable form
    http://philembassy-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/RoMarriage-interactive-form.pdf )

The Report of Marriage form is to be submitted in four (4) copies, along with the following:
    1. Original and four (4) photocopies of marriage contract.
    2. Four (4) photocopies each of the data page of the passport of the husband and the wife.
    3. Four (4) photos each of husband and wife.
    4. Payment of £18.00, postal money order addressed to Philippine Embassy (If marriage was solemnized for more than a year prior to the filing of the Report of Marriage, there is an additional fee of £18.00 for late registration.)

Where would the copies go? (for your info)
    - Copy for contracting parties

- Copy for DFA and NSO
    - Copy with supporting documents for Embassy files

You can submit all the requirements (along with a return special delivery envelope as one copy of all the requirements, including the original marriage contract, would be returned to you) via post. Send it to the address below.

Report of Marriage
    Embassy of the Philippines
    6-8 Suffolk Street,
    London
    SW1Y 4HG

United Kingdom

Processing would be just 2-3 days upon receipt of the documents. Make sure you include your contact numbers just in case they need to contact you (what I did is to include a cover letter stating all the documents attached and numbers and address where they can contact me just in case).

For more info on other matters, the Philippine Embassy website is

http://philembassy-uk.org/

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by raynaputi; 3rd May 2014 at 18:32. Reason: updated the link for the form
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member vernier caliper's Avatar
    You should ensure that you keep the original copy of the Report of Marriage (the one stamped and returned by the Philippine Embassy). You will need this when you apply for Passport Renewal.

Marriage certificate from NSO will be available after 6 months from the date you filed the Report of Marriage. Place your order at https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx if you want to secure a copy.

Respected Member
    Hi Rayna, just a quick question. On the report of marriage form, the 2 witnesses they were asking, are they the same witnesses on the wedding or can someone else sign it ?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Akilah Blythe View Post
    Hi Rayna, just a quick question. On the report of marriage form, the 2 witnesses they were asking, are they the same witnesses on the wedding or can someone else sign it ?

Thank you
    It's the same witnesses that was in your wedding. They don't need to sign it, just put their names that was written in your marriage cert.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member
    Thank you rayna.. Greatly appreciated..

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Hello Guys! Here's a little story.

We have sent our report of marriage last year and wondered why we didn't receive any response or why our documents didnt return. I've seen this post yesterday that push me to ring them today after a good conversation with Rayna for an update.

Embassy said because I didn't include a return envelope they didn't return my documents. So I said I didn't see anything on your website - as well as on the form - that an applicant needs to include an envelope. They said that they didn't put it on the website because there are people who lives near the embassy and in London. So I said what about the Filipinos living far away from London, how would they know if they will include an envelope or not, the website wasn't clear enough. If I didn't ring how would I know that my marriage has been already registered. I also pointed that on the website it only says 3 clear copies of documents but in the form it says 4, so she said follow the form not the website. What's the point of having a website if it misleads people?

In the end, I said you have got to update your website or even put a note on their Civil Registry Page the choices on returning peoples' documents and eventually she agreed. I am going to collect my docus in London as we are going for a cruise on the Thames in July.

Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    Hello Guys! Here's a little story.

We have sent our report of marriage last year and wondered why we didnt receive any response or why our documents didn't return. I've seen this post yesterday that push me to ring them today after a good conversation with Rayna for an update.

Embassy said because I didn't include a return envelope they didn't return my documents. So I said I didn't see anything on your website - as well as on the form - that an applicant needs to include an envelope. They said that they didn't put it on the website because there are people who lives near the embassy and in London. So I said what about the Filipinos living far away from London, how would they know if they will include an envelope or not, the website wasn't clear enough. If I didn't ring how would I know that my marriage has been already registered. I also pointed that on the website it only says 3 clear copies of documents but in the form it says 4, so she said follow the form not the website. What's the point of having a website if it misleads people?

In the end, I said you have got to update your website or even put a note on their Civil Registry Page the choices on returning peoples document and eventually she agreed. I am going to collect my docus in London as we are going for a cruise on the Thames in July.
    Hahaha..Good work Novie They got a proper lecture from you!
    -=rayna.keith=-

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Well, I think it's about time! hahahaha. Anyway, it's sorted now so I am happy with that.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    hi! question lang po. regarding my sister settlement application. she been married in sharia court in abudhabi 1996 and divorced 1998. but, she didn't have any copies (its all in Arabic) with her. and their marriage does not reach the authenticating process. even in ministry of justice and foreign affairs in abudhabi. and no copies also be seen in Philippines. she used single status when they got married with her present husband. now, shall all these documents about her previous marriage needed to apply settlement in Philippines?

Quote Originally Posted by babesphil View Post
    hi! question lang po. regarding my sister settlement application. she been married in sharia court in abudhabi 1996 and divorced 1998. but, she didn't have any copies (its all in Arabic) with her. and their marriage does not reach the authenticating process. even in ministry of justice and foreign affairs in abudhabi. and no copies also be seen in Philippines. she used single status when they got married with her present husband. now, shall all these document about her previous marriage needed to apply settlement in Philippines?
    Your sister should proceed with caution.
    She needs to have professional advice and guidance from an experienced and registered/qualified Immigration Advisor.

Thank you so much for this thread Rayna - very helpful!
    No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart

Respected Member
    Thanks for this Raynaputi very helpful as I am now doing mine soon..
    I just want to clarify, do I need to submit photos?
    Website says:
    A. Completed Report of Marriage form (to be submitted in triplicate)
    B. Three 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm photos each of the applicant and spouse on white background taken within the last six months
    C. Original and three (3) clear copies of marriage certificate
    D. Three (3) clear copies each of the data page of the couple’s passports
    E. Notarial fee of GBP18.00 (Note: There is an additional fee of GBP18.00 if registration is done one year after the marriage)

But in the form there's none..
    REQUIREMENTS:
    1. Four (4) duly accomplished Reports of Marriage forms (which are available at the Embassy and at the Embassy website).
    2. Original and four (4) copies of the British/Irish (with English translation) Marriage Certificate fitted and reduced in size on A4 paper.
    3. Four (4) photocopies each of the passports of the husband and wife.
    4. The Report of Marriage fee is £18. If the marriage had been solemnized for more than a year prior to the filing of the Report of Marriage, there is an additional
    fee of £18 for late registration.

Really confusing, they haven't updated it since Novie called.

Looks like they removed the space for photos in the current form they're using. Just to be sure, maybe you can just bring photos of you and your hubby in case they ask you for it. At least you won't have any problems if they do ask you.

I also changed the link of the form in my first post so it's updated.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Hi, is it separate pics or photos of us together?

Quote Originally Posted by STEVENJAG View Post
    Hi, is it separate pics or photos of us together?
    It was always Individual passport type photo's
    of each of you.
    Also there's a white background requirement.

You say enclose special delivery envelope but who pays for it it costs eight quid?if i just enclose stamped envelope will that do it?

Quote Originally Posted by STEVENJAG View Post
    You say enclose special delivery envelope but who pays for it it costs eight quid?if i just enclose stamped envelope will that do it?
    You would pay for it, it needs to be prepaid. You can enclose a regular stamped envelope but because it's an important document, I would opt for the special delivery one (still it's your choice what you prefer). When I called the embassy before I sent my documents, they did advise me to enclose a prepaid special delivery envelope.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Is this something my wife to be in November will need to do when she arrives in the UK ?

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Is this something my wife to be in November will need to do when she arrives in the UK ?
    This is only for those who will get married here in the UK (or any country outside the Philippines). The Philippine Embassy would want/need to have documents of Filipinos who got married overseas to be filed at NSO in the Philippines. If you are getting married in the Philippines, no need to do this when your wife arrives here. This is just the same thing as filing the marriage license done at the Philippines after the couple gets married.
    -=rayna.keith=-

What to do next?

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    This is only for those who will get married here in the UK (or any country outside the Philippines). The Philippine Embassy would want/need to have documents of Filipinos who got married overseas to be filed at NSO in the Philippines. If you are getting married in the Philippines, no need to do this when your wife arrives here. This is just the same thing as filing the marriage license done at the Philippines after the couple gets married.
    Hi. How do we register our marriage in the UK if we got married here in the Philippines? My wife was told that she needed to have an NSO Marriage Contract with a red ribbon from the DFA and bring it to the Philippine Embassy there in London. What's the purpose of that? Anyway, I secured all these and sent it to her. What should we do next?

You can't actually register an overseas marriage in the UK
    At one time you could lodge your overseas marriage certificate with the General Register Office (GRO) for safe keeping and easy access but that has now been discontinued.

Marriage certificate registry service discontinued for overseas Brits

Quote Originally Posted by christopito33 View Post
    Hi. How do we register our marriage in the UK if we got married here in the Philippines? My wife was told that she needed to have an NSO Marriage Contract with a red ribbon from the DFA and bring it to the Philippine Embassy there in London. What's the purpose of that? Anyway, I secured all these and sent it to her. What should we do next?
    Who told her that? No need to do that. Why would she have to register it in Philippine Embassy when it's already registered in NSO in the Philippines? The sole purpose of registering the marriage in Philippine Embassy is for the NSO in the Philippines to have a copy of it for documenting.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    For those married in UK who obtain British Citizenship after they have married, surely they don't have to Register, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Who told her that? No need to do that. Why would she have to register it in Philippine Embassy when it's already registered in NSO in the Philippines? The sole purpose of registering the marriage in Philippine Embassy is for the NSO in the Philippines to have a copy of it for documenting.
    I just spoke to my wife again just now, and apparently they asked us to red ribbon it c/o DFA for authenticity purposes - and then go back to Philippine Embassy to again authenticate it - before going to the FCO for legalization. Has anyone heard of this method?

Oh and thanks for replying asap. I told my wife to join this forum as well

Getting married is too complicated, why bother? lol

Quote Originally Posted by christopito33 View Post
    I just spoke to my wife again just now, and apparently they asked us to red ribbon it c/o DFA for authenticity purposes - and then go back to Philippine Embassy to again authenticate it - before going to the FCO for legalization. Has anyone heard of this method?

Oh and thanks for replying asap. I told my wife to join this forum as well
    What is it that you are actually trying to achieve?
    Why do you need your marriage certificate legalised?

The FCO will not legalise any document that does not originate in UK
    They will advise you to contact the relevant Embassy, Consulate or High Commission in the UK for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Getting married is too complicated, why bother? lol
    Getting married isn't complicated.........it's the time after that can get complicated

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Getting married isn't complicated.........it's the time after that can get complicated

Well when you think of all the crap red tape you gotta go through, just change her name to yours by deed poll lol

What is it that you are actually trying to achieve?
    Why do you need your marriage certificate legalised?

They will advise you to contact the relevant Embassy, Consulate or High Commission in the UK for advice.
    Hi, I'm the Christopito's wife. Basically, what we want to achieve is for our marriage to be known here in the UK. I'm a dual citizen and I got married in the Philippines as a Filipino. I want our marriage to be recognized that he is married to a UK national. Will the FCO still legalize it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirs View Post
    Hi, I'm the Christopito's wife. Basically, what we want to achieve is for our marriage to be known here in the UK. I'm a dual citizen and I got married in the Philippines as a Filipino. I want our marriage to be recognized that he is married to a UK national. Will the FCO still legalize it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information