Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need help about the visa

Well,my boyfriend and I are planning to apply a fiancee visa maybe 3mons.from now and am starting to gather info's now on how we're going to start it. Though we're planning to have an agency coz we wanna make it right,we're both nervous about it,this is my first time too,we tried to call the agency and they told us that we can apply for it for my partner has around 24,000 pounds gross income,he's renting though and pays his own bills and he got a car. I've read the info's from UKBA but still not contented about it, it's like i need an advice from someone who's going though with it.
    We've been together for 2 years and 3mons now,I met him online last sept. of 2010,we have 29 years age gap,i don't think it really matters,we have good laughs and definitely got same humor I just love him,even before we meet.We chat twice a day,7am and 7pm his time which is 3pm and 3am here in the philippines.He visit me first in 2011 of july for a month as we're planning to get married right away,but we didn't make it due to time conflict,after 5months he visit me again for 2 weeks in jan. of 2012 and we're suppose to start applying for visa by then but it was changed coz we thought he can have a loan but we're wrong bout it,and decided to visit me for the 3rd time that was aug.of 2012 coz we're thinking it might have a good impression when I will apply for my visa. Does it make a good impression as well,that am a graduate of a 4 year course which is Bachelor of Science in Nursing last march of 2010 but I didn't took the exam for am thinkin that I can't use it in UK for I will take a different exam and I will pursue my chosen field when I get there if I have any luck. I know I talk so much But can please someone give us a checklist or pointers? I would really appreciate it.I wanna know too,about how much savings he needs as well.
    We're just dying to be together and I think our relationship has been tested enough for the distance is our greatest challenge.

So please help me!!!
    Cheers !!! x

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    From what you have said about your relationship everything appears ok, good luck! I'm sure you will find out everything you need to know from this forum, also allow yourself approx 6 months to get all your requirements together and best wishes for a sucessful application.

Thank u Michael

But how come it will take 6 mons.?

Hi McGregor03, welcome to the forum and online community.

May I suggest you review this thread called How To Apply For A Fiance(e) Visa

Do be aware that entering the UK on a Fiancee visa will require that you apply for another visa called Further Leave to Remain (FLR(M) ) once you are married.
    The waiting times for FLR(M) approval (for the majority) can be really long (currently up to 9 months), the importance of this is that you will not be allowed to do any kind of work (paid or unpaid) until that approval has been granted.
    Not trying to negate your plans, but just informing you of the situation.
    Entering UK with a Spouse Visa allows you to get working from the time you arrive. You also have 30 months before any further visa applications need to be made.

Terpe thank u so much really appreciate it, I just hope everything will be ok. Cheers lad !

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Hello McGregor03. Welcome aboard!

There are loads of posts and threads about Fiancee Visa applications in this Forum so Im sure you will have plenty of information and tips if you keep on browsing and reading. RESEARCHING is the best thing to do.

Also, were a friendly bunch in here so just shout when CONFUSION STRIKES!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I said 6 months because of the traveling involved getting documents from all the various places, Passport office, Nso, Nbi, British Embassy (twice) Marriage arrangements also copying all paperwork etc: We had reams & reams of paperwork to obtain and all the copying of everything, in all it took us almost 9 months from the start to receiving the 'visa'. I would recommend getting married in Philippines and applying for spouse 'visa' I think it could lesson the pressure long term, also don't waste money on an agency just follow the advice given on this forum, we did and it worked for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Entering UK with a Spouse Visa allows you to get working from the time you arrive. You also have 30 months before any further visa applications need to be made.
    would certainly be MY choice, Mariam ... and a Spousal Visa is definitely an option well worth considering; indeed, a most appropriate one with a name like yours, if you'll forgive my saying so.

from me ... and goodluck with whatever route you and your partner ultimately decide to take.

Am afraid he can't have that long period of time for us to get married here :( We tried once and the amount of time he had wasn't enough. The longest holiday he can have is 3weeks. Will try to tell him though,coz he wants us to get married here so my folks will witness our special day. The agency told us that we're going to pay 45,000 pesos And hey is it allowed if we'll continue to process for the fiancee visa, he can borrow money from his parents?

Hi Arthur,
    I know, it was our first plan actually but coz he can't have that enough time to stay here for us to get married we decided to apply for fiancee visa. BUT he told me once that he will try to ask his boss if he can have a break for 2mons. ( which is I hope will be granted) for us to get married here even he won't be paid.

Thank u melovesengland
    I know been to gather an info's here, sometimes too much info is too confusing but tbh this site really helps me a lot. Geez, we're not even starting yet, just nervous about the application Thank u again

Quote Originally Posted by McGregor03 View Post
    Am afraid he can't have that long period of time for us to get married here :( We tried once and the amount of time he had wasn't enough. The longest holiday he can have is 3weeks. Will try to tell him though,coz he wants us to get married here so my folks will witness our special day. The agency told us that we're going to pay 45,000 pesos And hey is it allowed if we'll continue to process for the fiancee visa, he can borrow money from his parents?
    It can be done in less than 4 weeks if you plan properly. I went for 3 weeks and 4 days and managed to get married quite easily and still had time to spare and I'm sure you will find others on here who've done it in less than we did.
    It just requires a bit of planning and organisation by you and it can be done

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Instead of paying the agency Php45K, use that money in your wedding or visa application. Lots here didn't use an agency when processing visa and they've done well. If you and your fiance don't really have time to gather documents, etc. maybe you can use an agency.

What do you mean about borrowing money from his parents for the fiancee visa? You mean as a third party sponsor? In the new rules, third party sponsor is not allowed now.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Instead of paying the agency Php45K, use that money in your wedding or visa application. Lots here didn't use an agency when processing visa and they've done well. If you and your fiance don't really have time to gather documents, etc. maybe you can use an agency.

What do you mean about borrowing money from his parents for the fiancee visa? You mean as a third party sponsor? In the new rules, third party sponsor is not allowed now.
    Rayna is right. All the information you need is on here.
    My wife signed a contract to pay 80,000 php to an agent when we applied for our visa. 40,000 up front and the balance when she got her visa. She was refused.
    In hindsight I would always say to be people to do it themselves or if you feel you need an agent get your fiancé to hire one in this country not one in the Philippines.

hi,my hubby and i got married last oct.in cebu,he stayed here for 3 weeks,and we managed to sort out all the paperworks for the wedding from cni to wedding reception preparation,its just need a time management.u guys can do it..goodluck

hello i'm a BSN graduate too! i'm already an RN in the phils but yes you're right being RN wont be any use here because they don't recognize our education in phil

i suggest you dont use any agency.i believe with lots of research you can get your fiancee visa. we did not use any agency at all but my visa was granted last oct 2011. this forum help us a lot so dont be shy to ask questions and of course do lots research . ALWAYS check the uk border agency website too for any updates . it wont be easy it took us about 10 months to gather all the necessary papers but dont worry i'm sure you'll get through it all. god bless
    No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart

......The agency told us that we're going to pay 45,000 pesos
    I hope that agency is here in UK?
    Since the largest part of visa application is based on evidence from the sponsor, I'm sure it would be far better to utilise a UK agent (Time difference, communications and speed)

I not saying some agents in Philippines are not competent, they are. But I think the logistics are just too complex for the best outcomes in good time.

I hope that agency is here in UK?
    Since the largest part of visa application is based on evidence from the sponsor, I'm sure it would be far better to utilise a UK agent (Time difference, communications and speed)

I not saying some agents in Philippines are not competent, they are. But I think the logistics are just too complex for the best outcomes in good time.
    No Terpe, the agency is based in Cebu City and some of my friends are using it, the ones who are in London now but they're using a different visa . Since all of their visa's are granted, why can't I use it? Looks like the agency has a good record

No Terpe, the agency is based in Cebu City and some of my friends are using it, the ones who are in London now but they're using a different visa . Since all of their visa's are granted, why can't I use it? Looks like the agency has a good record
    That's fine
    If that agency fully understand the new rules for Fiance(e) Visa (settlement) then no problem.
    They will be the ones to tell you all the documentary evidence you need to get from your sponsor.

Still a good idea to check here also. Many have experience very recently.
    Take care God bless

Hi MissAna

Quote Originally Posted by MissAna View Post
    hello i'm a BSN graduate too! i'm already an RN in the phils but yes you're right being RN wont be any use here because they don't recognize our education in phil

i suggest you dont use any agency.i believe with lots of research you can get your fiancee visa. we did not use any agency at all but my visa was granted last oct 2011. this forum help us a lot so dont be shy to ask questions and of course do lots research . ALWAYS check the uk border agency website too for any updates . it wont be easy it took us about 10 months to gather all the necessary papers but dont worry i'm sure you'll get through it all. god bless
    Been reading UKBA since last year, we have an idea what are the things needed it's just that we wanna do it right and we badly wanna be with each other, we're both nervous bout the application :(

That's fine
    If that agency fully understand the new rules for Fiance(e) Visa (settlement) then no problem.
    They will be the ones to tell you all the documentary evidence you need to get from your sponsor.

Still a good idea to check here also. Many have experience very recently.
    Take care God bless
    Been searching here too, and it's been such a great help to us.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    It can be done in less than 4 weeks if you plan properly. I went for 3 weeks and 4 days and managed to get married quite easily and still had time to spare and I'm sure you will find others on here who've done it in less than we did.
    It just requires a bit of planning and organisation by you and it can be done
    we tried it ones ( we almost did it ) To make sure maybe a month and half break ? We will definitely can do itBtw, how long does it take for you to have that spousal visa? If u have an idea.. Thank u

How come? your partner needs to stay here for 28days for him to have the CNI? That's what they told us when we went to the embassy last july 2011. Gotta be honest we even tried to have someone whom we can pay under the table BUT still we didn't make it. Maybe a month and half will do it ? ... Can you help us? and thank you ...

Don't forget that using an agency does not mean getting a visa.
    Keep your eye to them and be sure they are doing something for you that you are unable to do yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post

Not a 2nd sponsor, just borrow money then go along with the processing.

Don't forget that using an agency does not mean getting a visa.
    Keep your eye to them and be sure they are doing something for you that you are unable to do yourself.
    Got it Terpe btw is the spousal visa has a greater chance for us not to be denied?

hardly anyone on here has used an agency, if your case is straight forward there is no need for one, why waste money paying someone else to do what most people on here have done for them self, after all its you that will have to get all the evidence together and meet the criteria (income, accommodation, genuine relationship) not the agency, so most of the work you will have to do yourself anyway - as this will decide on whether visa is granted or not

most on here have not been refused a visa who didn't use an agency, after all why trust something so important with someone else.

but at the end of the day its your choice
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Got it Terpe btw is the spousal visa has a greater chance for us not to be denied?
    Well for Fiance(e) visa there have been a number of refusal because the ECO did not believe there was sufficient eveidence to show intention to actually get married. Very tricky.
    As it happens right now there are long long delays in securing the FLR(M) visa which enable the spouse to work. That may or may not be an issue for you, but it's a major problem for many. Especially in these economically challenging times.

Hi Joebloggs

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    hardly anyone on here has used an agency, if your case is straight forward there is no need for one, why waste money paying someone else to do what most people on here have done for them self, after all its you that will have to get all the evidence together and meet the criteria (income, accommodation, genuine relationship) not the agency, so most of the work you will have to do yourself anyway - as this will decide on whether visa is granted or not

most on here have not been refused a visa who didn't use an agency, after all why trust something so important with someone else.

but at the end of the day its your choice
    We're definitely considering it now even getting married here in the Philippines too. We're trying to talk about it now. Thank you

We're definitely considering it now even getting married here in the Philippines too. We're trying to talk about it now. Thank you
    send the money on your wedding in the phils instead, start collecting evidence your relationship is genuine, as long as your husband earns £18.6k a yr and has suitable accommodation for you that's not over crowded you shouldn't have a problem getting a spouse visa.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information