Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: How to?

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar

How to?

Hello guys, been so long since I last visit my fave forum. I was very lucky to have a job a month after I came here so not much time to go online. I was just wanting to seek some advise again from everyone who has the expertise and the experience with regards to acquiring a visa going to Spain if am a spouse visa holder?

i might as well ask, that if I am allowed to have three months away from UK for my two years visa, what are the consequences of not having to use those months and have stayed in UK? ( i seem to have the idea of it but just need some clarifications ) is there no other countries in Europe that i can go to without the so much fuss with visa )

There does not seem to be any residential requirement when on a spouse visa.

The residential requirement is only when you are applying for British Citizenship, which states that: -

In order to demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation you need to:
    • have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
    • have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
    • have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
    • have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period; and
    • have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the three-year period.

Regarding travel to Spain, you would need to apply for a schengen visa http://www.theschengenoffice.com/spain_embassy.html

Quote Originally Posted by myliitlehaven07 View Post
    ..... is there no other countries in Europe that i can go to without the so much fuss with visa ).....
    Well you might consider a visit to Prague.
    It's the capital city of the Czech Republic.

We had one member here who managed without a Schenghen Visa or any other visa.

Take a look here at this webpage

It states:-
    For specific visa information and to book an appointment please contact the embassy directly on 09065 540 727.

Unlike other Schengen countries family members of EU citizens with a temporary or permanent residence permit for the UK can travel without a visa to the Czech Republic for up to 90 days, with or without their family member, providing they can prove their relationship and the nationality of their partner/family member.
    Well worth checking out the details
    Enjoy

Thread Information