Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Theresa May says UK plans more visa interviews for students

about time, see if they can speak English, it might help them in their studies

More people applying for visas to study in the UK are to undergo face-to-face interviews, rather than just paper checks, the home secretary has said.

read more here .. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20692893
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Good.

Banned
    It shouldn't be more people it should be all applicants

Who are the higher risk countries she mentioned?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Who are the higher risk countries she mentioned?
    My starter for ten -

Pakistan

Oh you are racist.

Trusted Member
    About bloody time too.

They mentioned Pakistan on the news anyway...as being the source of high numbers of such cheating s

What a surprise.

Banned
    Here is the official response from Labour Limpwrister Chris Bryant

(Bryant was responsible for this tasteful photo http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3256348.stm)

http://www.labour.org.uk/response-fr...Latest+news%29

All he can manage is a jibe about cuts - conveniently forgetting the millions of bogus students let in and the hundreds of sham colleges that were allowed to flourish under 13 years of Labour misrule

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    It shouldn't be more people it should be all applicants
    Exactly

Bryant & May ...> < ... the "NOT so perfect" match! X

Too little too late,I have seen a college of learning above a chip or kebab shop,just used as visa,shops thats it,I have met shedloads,thats no exagerration,SHEDLOADS of "students" who came here just to work,I cant count the number of pinays and pinoys I have met who ostensibly came here to "study" but really wanted just to get a foot in the door and stay here,I have always said halt the cheap "English" programs,if you can afford 3 1/2-5 grand to come here as a "student" to learn english yet your from pinas(the third largest english speaking country in the world?)wouldnt you be better staying in pinas and paying maybe £1000 a year fees for a very good private degree in somewhere like ataneo?ALL foreign students should be vetted and interviewed face-to-face,pakistani,indian,nigerian,ghanan,pinoy......lahat!

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Good one Arthur.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Too little too late,I have seen a college of learning above a chip or kebab shop,just used as visa,shops thats it,I have met shedloads,thats no exagerration,SHEDLOADS of "students" who came here just to work,I cant count the number of pinays and pinoys I have met who ostensibly came here to "study" but really wanted just to get a foot in the door and stay here,I have always said halt the cheap "English" programs,if you can afford 3 1/2-5 grand to come here as a "student" to learn english yet your from pinas(the third largest english speaking country in the world?)wouldnt you be better staying in pinas and paying maybe £1000 a year fees for a very good private degree in somewhere like ataneo?ALL foreign students should be vetted and interviewed face-to-face,pakistani,indian,nigerian,ghanan,pinoy......lahat!
    I remember you saying this many times before and how right you were.

Were you back when this gem came out last week ??

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ighlight=leeds

I didnt see that Ded,but I am like you,I dont see the world through rose tinted spectacles,I used to go to a lot of pinoy parties in London,the amount of bogus students I met was ridiculous,moreso when some said they were here studying english when their grammar and vocab would put shakespears to shame,you can study veterinary medicine in cebu for around a grand a year,six year course,yet I met pinays who paid 5K visa and agency fees to come here to study english?Pull the other one,it plays jingle bells
    All students wishing to study in the UK should be grilled rigerously,full interview and finances check its the only way to stem the tide.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Lord Bilimoria said the application rate from Indian students had 'plummeted' since the changes were introduced - a fact he said was due to the message emanating from the UK being 'Britain doesn't want us'.

http://blog.visabureau.com/post/mini...on-policy.aspx
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    Lord Bilimoria said the application rate from Indian students had 'plummeted' since the changes were introduced - a fact he said was due to the message emanating from the UK being 'Britain doesn't want us'.

http://blog.visabureau.com/post/mini...on-policy.aspx
    Good - it'll make a change to see a white face on the till at the petrol station

Trusted Member
    Yeah,I saw someone from the Indian government on the TV the other day, moaning about what an insult it was to India...us clamping down on their 'students'.

Perhaps they should check that their people are telling the truth before letting them out of the country.

it'll make a change to see a white face on the till at the petrol station
    A lot of petrol stations Ded are Sri Lankan run,the TT's used to bankroll them in the beginning to use them as cash machines later once they were up and running,a sri lankan told me that,he also told me to be careful in them as they sometimes skim credit cards to clone them

Banned
    A lot of petrol stations Ded are Sri Lankan run,the TT's used to bankroll them in the beginning to use them as cash machines later once they were up and running,a sri lankan told me that,he also told me to be careful in them as they sometimes skim credit cards to clone them
    I'd heard that Tawi there were issues round here a couple of years ago to do with suspected skimming going on at at 2 filling stations towards Reading

....I cant count the number of pinays and pinoys I have met who ostensibly came here to "study" but really wanted just to get a foot in the door and stay here....
    I really hate to agree with this, but no choice. I know it to be true to a certain extent. Not in the majority of cases in my experience but certainly a lot.
    The largest majority of filipinas I know are spouses and very genuine.
    Of those who are not spouses the largest majority do fit your opinion. Not all by any means, but actually the largest majority.

Have seen it firsthand over the past few years in our town here in the Philippines. There is a recruiter who seems to have a knack of getting people into other countries. He has managed to get a large number off people into the UK on student visa's and not one has returned
    This year it seems that he can no longer do it so has moved onto Canadian visa's. Maybe i will be the only one left in a few years time!

Thread Information