Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement BRP

Replacement BRP

hello guys,, when i renewed my passport, i changed my surname. so now, i have to apply for a replacement brp. my question is, how long do i have to wait for them to send the card? thnx.

UKBA states that you have 3 months.

How can you change your personal details on your biometric residence permit?

You must tell us as soon as you can if:-

you change your name (for example, because of marriage or by deed poll);
    you change your gender, legally or permanently;
    you change your nationality; or
    your facial appearance changes significantly.

If you change any personal details listed above or any details shown on your biometric residence permit, you must apply for a new permit within 3 months using application form BRP(RC). If you do not do this, you may have to pay a financial penalty of up to £1,000 or we may shorten your permission to stay. You can download the application form and guidance from the right side of this page.
    Here's the UKBA webpage

thnx terpe,, sorry my question wasn't clear. let say i have submitted my application, how long am i going to wait before they will send the replacement card? me and hubby are planning to go to phils this april. just wonder if i'll take the risk of booking the flight even if i don't have my brp card yet.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    One member here, ConfusedMe, has been waiting for 7 months now she told me for her replacement BRP card. Everything's stuck in UKBA at the moment. She said she has been calling UKBA only to be told to just wait.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

This is also my concern, because My Philippine passport will expire next year so I am planning By Jan or Feb I will renew my passport and will use my Husband's lastname then into my new passport. Then hopefully I will get my new passport sooner then change my BRP card..
    But by the slow process of UKBA i don't know, if i will change my BRP soon, however it's definite that I will renew my passport.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    One member here, ConfusedMe, has been waiting for 7 months now she told me for her replacement BRP card. Everything's stuck in UKBA at the moment. She said she has been calling UKBA only to be told to just wait.
    thnx rayna, oh dear.. i really want to go home soon..

Quote Originally Posted by han View Post

This is also my concern, because My Philippine passport will expire next year so I am planning By Jan or Feb I will renew my passport and will use my Husband's lastname then into my new passport. Then hopefully I will get my new passport sooner then change my BRP card..
    But by the slow process of UKBA i don't know, if i will change my BRP soon, however it's definite that I will renew my passport.
    from what i've heard once your details has been changed you must apply for a replacement brp within 3 months or else they will fine u up to £1000 or shorten your stay.

timeline of my application for BRP replacement card:

17 Jan 2013 - posted my application
    18 Jan 2013 - the royal mail confirmed the UKBA received it
    23 Jan 2013 - received a letter from the UKBA that one of the caseworker is processing my application
    28 Jan 2013 - received a letter that i need to enroll my biometrics
    29 Jan 2013 - went to post office to enroll my biometrics
    12 Feb 2013 - they returned all my documents saying that my brp card will arrive within 7 working days of the date of the letter (9 Feb, 2013)

hopefully i'll have my residence card this week ..

i'm quite pleased of their service..
    ''The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but there still gonna be on it''

I hope it arrives too!
    Ours hasn't turned up yet so we've had to ask for it to be sent on the 10 day working days rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
    I hope it arrives too!
    Ours hasn't turned up yet so we've had to ask for it to be sent on the 10 day working days rule.
    Bah!!!
    Hope it gets to you very soon.

I hope it arrives too!
    when did you apply for a replacement? i received my brp card 3 days ago,, hope u'll get yours soon..
    ''The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but there still gonna be on it''

we had a letter dated 31st Jan to say it had been sent. It said that if we hadn't received it within 10 working days of the letter we had to email them and tell them. That was last Friday. Am sick of waiting in.

Quote Originally Posted by bhem_bhem View Post
    hello guys,, when i renewed my passport, i changed my surname. so now, i have to apply for a replacement brp. my question is, how long do i have to wait for them to send the card? thnx.
    Hello
    I'm a little confused I thought the main purpose of a separate BRP was if you change the passport the Card is maintained as it is?

Looking at this page
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...a-to-passport/

It does say carry both passports unless you have the separate BRP.

I'm sure if I changed Rina's passport to her married name we wouldn't need a new BRP, bearing in mind we applied for FLR after we married yet had to put her maiden name on the FLR application.

Cheers
    Tone

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Hello
    I'm a little confused I thought the main purpose of a separate BRP was if you change the passport the Card is maintained as it is?

Looking at this page
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...a-to-passport/

It does say carry both passports unless you have the separate BRP.

I'm sure if I changed Rina's passport to her married name we wouldn't need a new BRP, bearing in mind we applied for FLR after we married yet had to put her maiden name on the FLR application.

Cheers
    Tone

If your wife doesn't have a BRP card yet, then what you stated applies to her, considering that her current visa is stamped to her passport. The difference would be if the wife applied for FLR(M) using her passport with her maiden name and then was issued with a BRP card that contains her maiden name. Passport and BRP card should contain the same details. If she's gonna renew the passport and use her married name, the BRP card should be replaced too.

How can you change your personal details on your biometric residence permit?
    You must tell us as soon as you can if:

- you change your name (for example, because of marriage or by deed poll);
    - you change your gender, legally or permanently;
    - you change your nationality; or
    - your facial appearance changes significantly.

If you change any personal details listed above or any details shown on your biometric residence permit, you must apply for a new permit within 3 months using application form BRP(RC). If you do not do this, you may have to pay a financial penalty of up to £1,000 or we may shorten your permission to stay. You can download the application form and guidance from the right side of this page.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...-uk/biometric/
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Hey Rayna
    I'm still confused!

It says if you change your details within passport/BRP or otherwise you have to notify UKBA.
    How I read that is because we are married and Rina's surname is now mine we should notify them?
    Is that correct?
    Thanks
    Tone

Does Rina have a BRP card? If she does, is it on her maiden name or married name?
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Does Rina have a BRP card? If she does, is it on her maiden name or married name?
    Hiya
    She has BRP (FLR) in her maiden name along with Filipino passport in maiden name.
    Tone

Hiya
    She has BRP (FLR) in her maiden name along with Filipino passport in maiden name.
    Tone
    If Rina would renew her passport using her married name, she needs to replace her BRP card as well as details there need to match.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Hi Rayna
    Ok I get that - was thinking of updating passport soon but may leave it!
    After your experience of UKBA I don't want to send anything to those idiots to be honest!
    Thanks for the clarification.

Tone

Hi Rayna
    Ok I get that - was thinking of updating passport soon but may leave it!
    After your experience of UKBA I don't want to send anything those idiots to be honest!
    Thanks for the clarification.

Tone
    Tell me about it! But in my case, my passport would expire September this year so I need to renew it and use my married name and then replace the BRP card too..I'm just hoping that we won't have to wait 10 months again just for the BRP card!
    -=rayna.keith=-

we had a letter dated 31st Jan to say it had been sent. It said that if we hadn't received it within 10 working days of the letter we had to email them and tell them. That was last Friday. Am sick of waiting in.
    Sorry to hear that anakin,, I'm guessing u emailed them already.. It won't be long now I think.

I'm surprised I got mine in less than 4 weeks.

Made me nervous and confused after reading this thread. I didnt realise i had to change my brp if i am using my husband's last name. My passport and my brp for flr (which was approved dec 2011) is under my single name but i started using my husband's last name at work, bank details and bills.
    My passport and visa are both up for renewal this november. Did i violate this 3month notice thingy for using my husband's last name? If so,can i get away with it if ill be renewing my passport and brp soon?
    Hope someone can enlighten me :(

some good info in this thread can we make this sticky ?? thanks
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by simplesmayl View Post
    Made me nervous and confused after reading this thread. I didnt realise i had to change my brp if i am using my husband's last name. My passport and my brp for flr (which was approved dec 2011) is under my single name but i started using my husband's last name at work, bank details and bills.
    My passport and visa are both up for renewal this november. Did i violate this 3month notice thingy for using my husband's last name? If so,can i get away with it if ill be renewing my passport and brp soon?
    Hope someone can enlighten me :(
    you don't have to apply for a replacement card since your passport and brp card contain the same details.

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    some good info in this thread can we made this sticky ?? thanks
    thnx sars..

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    some good info in this thread can we made this sticky ?? thanks
    Really Mari ... ... and I've carried out your request accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Really Mari ... ... and I've carried out your request accordingly.
    thank you vmuch sir Art..very kind of you
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

im so relieved to know that.. thank you

got another question though,if i were to renew my passport in May, do i still need to apply for a replacement card if im going to apply for ILR in November?

thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by simplesmayl View Post
    im so relieved to know that.. thank you

got another question though,if i were to renew my passport in May, do i still need to apply for a replacement card if im going to apply for ILR in November?

thanks alot
    They said u have to apply for replacement within 3 months.. Try ring ukba if they will let you get away with it..

Thanks Bhem.
    Just one clarification and forgive me if i will sound daft. I dont need to worry if i use my married name on my bills, bank statement (which i will be using when i apply for ILR) for as long as my passport and brp id are both on my singe name?

thanks alot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information