Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement BRP

Quote Originally Posted by simplesmayl View Post
    Thanks Bhem.
    Just one clarification and forgive me if i will sound daft. I dont need to worry if i use my married name on my bills, bank statement (which i will be using when i apply for ILR) for as long as my passport and brp id are both on my singe name?

thanks alot
    yeah no need to worry.. i changed my name right away after the wedding even if i'm still using my maiden name in my passport.
    ''The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but there still gonna be on it''

Thanks alot. i can now breathe reading about how long people are waiting to get their replacement brp kinda put me off in changing my last name therefore when i renew my passport next week, ill keep my maiden name and just wait till ILR is out of the way.

Thanks alot Bhem, you rock

Thanks alot. i can now breathe reading about how long people are waiting to get their replacement brp kinda put me off in changing my last name therefore when i renew my passport next week, ill keep my maiden name and just wait till ILR is out of the way.

Thanks alot Bhem, you rock
    you're welcome..
    ''The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but there still gonna be on it''

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Lost my BRP card, applied a reentry visa, just got my temporary visa for one month to re enter UK, but there is a conflict, my lost BRP authorized me to to work, but my re-entry visa says "employment is prohibited",

my question is, can I still work? since I am thinking upon arriving to UK I will post my application thru Royal Mail and that my reentry visa that prohibits me to work will not be my existing immigration status (lost BRP) will continue until my application is decided? anyone please to explain for this matter or any link website for me to understand or anyone experienced here? ... thanks I'm New here

Newbie (Restricted Access) Msbelinda's Avatar
    Hello bhem_bhem, Can I ask you something? What kind of form did you used when you replaced your BRP Card?

because I was on the same situation right now, I apply a Biometric Resident Permit last year 2013, but it was on my single name and not on my married name because of my passport, I already renew my passport on my Married name and now I need to update my BRP card cos it need to be link on my passport, but I don't which form i should used? becuase there's a lot of form is link for changing a personal details.

Thank you so much for the Help..

Belinda x

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Please go to this link for the form.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...e-permit-brprc
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thank you so much Raynaputi for your reply really appreciated.

I already look to that form, and there's a question in there about what is your reason for replacing your BRP card? there's no question about changing your details like ( ex. Surname. )

Section 3 - Reason for Application
    C. Reason for Application
    We can accept a BRP(RC) application without a passport or travel document in the following
    circumstances:

the BRP(RC) application is made for a straight like-for-like replacement of a lost / stolen BRP
    or
    ISD (there are no change of personal details etc),
    and;

The initial BRP or ISD was issued less than two years ago

In all other circumstances your current passport or travel document and Biometric Residence
    Permit (BRP) must be provided, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the
    application form
    C1. Please tick one or more of the boxes below to tell us why you are applying for a
    replacement Biometric Residence Permit.
    Biometric Residence Permit or Immigration Status
    Document
    has been lost or stolen
    go to C2
    Biometric Residence Permit or Immigration Status
    Document damaged
    go to C4
    Biometric Permit expired after receiving Indefinite
    Leave to Remain
    go to C5
    Replace Immigration Status Document with Biometric
    Residence Permit

I'm sorry but I don't know which one I should tick on that box, if it's the right one :(

Thank you so much for the help very much appreciated. God bless x

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Oh my...I'm sorry Belinda. Looks like the form doesn't cover the change of name.

On this page,
    https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp/youre-in-the-uk-and-have-a-brp, it states below:

Report all other changes

You must immediately report any changes to your:

• name (eg because you’ve got married)
    • facial appearance
    • date of birth (eg because it was incorrect)

You must apply for a new BRP within 3 months. You may be fined up to £1,000 or have your stay shortened if you don’t.

You should use form NTL or TOC to report these changes and apply for a new BRP.

But I checked that NTL form and it's for ILR holders. TOC is for transfer of visa. I'm now confused! When I replaced my BRP, I used the BRP(RC) form but it has the section to change the name.

I think you better call UKVI for a clarification.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member vernier caliper's Avatar
    Hi MsBelinda.

With regards to the link attached, the first page will give you this information:

"Detail
    Use this form:

- if your personal details have changed (holders of current biometric residence permits only)
    - if your biometric residence permit has been lost, stolen or damaged
    - if your biometric residence permit has expired after you have received indefinite leave to remain
    - if you are a refugee (recognised under the 1951 Convention) and your immigration status document has been lost, stolen, damaged, expired; or you want to replace your immigration status document with a biometric residence permit
    - if you have been granted humanitarian protection and your immigration status document has been lost, stolen, damaged, expired; or you want to replace your immigration status document with a biometric residence permit"

However, on the BRP(RC) Application form the details are different:

"Use this form:
    - if your BRP has been lost, stolen or damaged
    - if your BRP has expired after receiving indefinite leave to remain
    - if you are a refugee (recognised under the 1951 Convention) and your ISD has been lost, stolen, damaged, expired; or you want to replace your ISD with a BRP
    - if you have been granted humanitarian protection and your ISD has been lost, stolen, damaged, expired; or you want to replace your ISD with a BRP"

Definitely the first one highlighted above - changed of name has been over looked.

I agree with Rayna, it's worth contacting UKVI about this issue. Otherwise, you will end up paying £1000 if you will not update your BRP.

Good luck on your application.

Thanks Bhem.
    Just one clarification and forgive me if i will sound daft. I dont need to worry if i use my married name on my bills, bank statement (which i will be using when i apply for ILR) for as long as my passport and brp id are both on my singe name?

thanks alot
    That won't be a problem. My proof of addresses when I applied for my FLR were all in married name though my passport and BRP are on my maiden name. You will only need to replace your BRP if you have renewed your passport, as both details should match....

Thank you so much vernier_caliper and raynaputi for reply and help, I really appreciated .

Yeah I think the best is to call Uk Border Agenc or Maybe Croydon ..

Thank you so much and goodluck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information