Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: For Novie

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar

For Novie

Hi Novie does my wife just need her booking reference to take to the airport to get her boarding pass there?

Mark,
    Your wife should have to hand every bit of information she can think of relating to exiting and flying.

Did you pay for the flight directly from your UK debit/credit card?
    If yes then I strongly suggest she has a photocopy of that card and you have cleared it with the carrier. Some carriers are OK and some can give a hard time.
    I can't recall which airline you're using or even which ones are most difficult but I'm sure others can input valuable information.

Please follow this up urgently.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Terp I went to Manchester airport yesterday and booked the flight at the ticket desk because I heard about the credit card probs ect, I paid for the ticket cash and got a printed receipt, my wife confirmed she has received an email from them confirming the details and I also sent her a copy of the receipt also I think that covers everything, she has got the cfo and medical clearance as well due to the pregnancy phew!!!

Respected Member
    In the Philippines most airports including Manila require the booking confirmation/details to actually enter the terminal to check in. However once at the check in desk, simply handing over the passport is normally sufficient.
    The primary details for her are the booking reference and the e-ticket number. If she logs into the airlines website, there is often a 'Manage my booking' section which will allow her to view her reservation and print out a confirmation. She can also check in online and choose her seat.
    She will need the 6 character booking reference and her surname to enter the manage my booking.

Don't worry, I'm sure everything will come together.

Respected Member
    http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/e...ages/home.aspx

Select Manage my Booking

Put in the 5 character reference and surname.

When the page opens you will see all of the booking details.

At the top of the screen are three options; Print Page, download to calendar and e-mail to friend. select the e-mail to friend and put novies e-mail address in there, and she can print the e-mail and access all of the details.

Hi, not sure which airline you're using, but Etihad are great for this. I paid for Krish's flight to Manila from where she'd been working, and all I had to do was turn up at Etihad's desk to show them my credit card, for them to authorise it all.
    As you paid by cash, surely this will be all any airline would need - the fact you were there and paid in person - and presumably showed identification.

This though is obviously vitally important, so best to perhaps give them a call, get the person you speak to's name and confirm once again she will have no problems at boarding

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hi Novie does my wife just need her booking reference to take to the airport to get her boarding pass there?
    Hiya! I have just notice this sorry.

I would suggest that she needs to print her itinerary. I always bring itinerary receipt, my husbands copy of identification as well as a copy of his card (specially when ticket was booked online) in case airline staffs will look for it.

Also, just a little reminder she needs to pay for the tax before she will queue up. Online booking doesnt include the tax we pay before we exit the country.

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    all I had to do was turn up at Etihad's desk to show them my credit card, for them to authorise it all.
    As you paid by cash, surely this will be all any airline would need - the fact you were there and paid in person - and presumably showed identification.

This though is obviously vitally important, so best to perhaps give them a call, get the person you speak to's name and confirm once again she will have no problems at boarding
    David also had to go to Manchester Airport to verify his debit card. Once done, I didn't have any issues with checking in.
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Thread Information