Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Thanks for that Joe, hope something happens soon, cos she's dying to start work!

i'm sure it will not be much longer
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Can someone help please?, My Maritess has recieved a job confirmation this morning from the local authority with a couple of conditions, and the one that is difficult for us is, how do we prove that she is able to work in the UK because her spouse 'visa' only state's 'No Recourse To Public Funds' there's nothing that says she can work. I remember seeing something on the UKBA website that said if the 'visa' only shows 'No Recourse To Public Funds' that you can work, but I cant find it, can anyone help me find it please?

Trusted Member
    Yes, if someone can find, just print it out.

Do they have a search facility on the website ?....or maybe try to google your question. Might be a link there.

The UK Border Agency Sponsorship and Employers’ Helpline (tel: 0300 123 4699) is available to answer any general enquiries on preventing illegal working in the UK.
    It is open 9am–5pm, Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays.
    The Employer Checking Service currently allows you to check if a particular person is allowed to work where they have an outstanding application or appeal with the UK Border Agency.

Take a look here at Help with checking your migrant workers' eligibility

the fact that's shes married to a British Citizen means she has a right to work, they might want to see her marriage cert and your passport, i had to in fact take my passport and talk to the woman in HR at the local hospital when my misses was first offered a job
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    what if my friend wants to have a domestic worker and she wants to get one from the philippines? what is the process? does the person needs to be an old domestic worker of the british citizen? or could a british citizen hire a new domestic worker in the philippines ? my friend who is a british citizen wants to get a domestic worker from the philippines. she will be responsible for the ticket and for the visa fees.

anyone pls.

pls answer my questions tnx

Welcome to the forum Gwapogwapa, we don't have domestic workers in UK, unless your stinking rich. We do our own chores to make sure it's done properly!

Quote Originally Posted by gwapogwapa View Post
    what if my friend wants to have a domestic worker and she wants to get one from the philippines? what is the process? does the person needs to be an old domestic worker of the british citizen? or could a british citizen hire a new domestic worker in the philippines ? my friend who is a british citizen wants to get a domestic worker from the philippines. she will be responsible for the ticket and for the visa fees.

anyone pls.

pls answer my questions tnx
    Unfortunately your friend will be unable to do that.
    There are a significant number of regulations involved. Far too many to give details on.
    Here are the key ones, please review:-

1. Domestic workers in private households

2. Sponsoring migrant workers under the points-based system

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information