Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) kingy's Avatar

Red face Hello! Its my very first post here in filipino-uk!!!

i have been a member since April? but i have never posted anything yet as i have been getting answers and suggestions here anyway so its a big help! *thank you!* anyway, Im Kingy, and my husband is a member too, named Brinormeg (i guess) and we've been getting tips here re our relationship and marriage and now settlement! We got married here last June 2012 in Quezon City, and now im applying for a settlement visa! Unfortunately, it was too late coz theres already new rules for family migration in the UK and now were so stressed because we dont know how my application will end up. Its more on the financial status that were nervous about but i will tell more n my next thread. Hope to get as many answers so as to give us relief!

Newbie (Restricted Access) kingy's Avatar
    My husbands financial status is just above the limit of 18,600pounds, and he doesnt have a cash savings, so his account is more of money in,money out. although were a bit confident because he managed to be above the financial requirement, He is still apprehensive coz he's on a s**t wage! (sorry for that) but thats the truth! I have been there for 2years with him until the time I went home last march, we were fine financially speaking, no struggles etc, as I have my own wage too as a student under a working placement program! We share bills for electricity, internet, and food, etc and no issues when it come to money! Now, because of this new rules of UKBA, we started to struggle with money because we have to assess both our capacity to support each other. Especially in his case, he has to support me in every way he could as long as he reached the limit of 18,600pounds! Reading the website, I think they are not considering my potential earnings any more from a guaranteed job that I will have once im back! and sadly, its too late for me to put 1million plus showmoney on my bank as a supporting funds as im going to submit my application this august 2 as my appointment day! i have my own bank account but its not 1million plus!

Please, i need advice and any similar situations so that i will feel good, and positive no matter how hard it is right now to maintain calm! Thanks!

Hi kingy, welcome here, and congratulations on your recent marriage.

I already replied to your hubby brinormeg question on this.
    Take a look here

The best way forward is that your husband will find a way to increase his earnings to meet that £18600 requirement.
    Maybe through his existing job or alternatively by taking up an addional part time job. Unfortunately he will need to build up 6months evidence of meeting the requirement.
    Some folks have considered finding a new job that meets the needed income.
    Others have considered taking the EEA route and working within the EU for a few months and applying for a free family permit for their spouse before returning to UK
    Some lucky folks may have ways and means to raise the cash savings needed.

You and your husband will need to have some discussions on how best to achieve whats needed.
    Don't ever give up

Hello ... Congratulations on your recent marriage, to our friendly, onliine filipino/uk site and be guided by the foregoing expertise for best results.

Quote Originally Posted by kingy View Post
    My husbands financial status is just above the limit of 18,600pounds, and he doesnt have a cash savings, so his account is mo
    re of money in,money out. although were a bit confident a bit because he managed to be above the financial requirement.
    Hi,
    While I was reading your case, I think you will be alright with the spousal visa application.
    When we applied for my fiancé visa, my fiancé doesn't have any savings at all...his bank statements shows money in and money out, money out was bigger than the money in actually... ...fortunately, the visa was granted..

As long as he earns the required minimum wage annually or more than the required income, application will be fine will be fine. Don't worry. Be happy. Just provide as many required documents as you can.

I wish you and hubby get your visa

Thread Information