Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Applying for the 59 day visa whilst in the UK

I would like to apply by post for the 59 day visa from the Philippines Embassy in the UK.

By post they ask that:
    Applicants who cannot appear in person may send their applications by post. The applications should
    be duly notarized by a Notary Public or Solicitor, who is authorized to legalize signatures. A selfaddressed,
    pre-paid or stamped special delivery envelope must be enclosed for the return of your
    passports.

Can you someone elaborate on what this actually involves?

Has anyone here applied for the 59 day visa whilst in the UK... any thoughts or tips much appreciated.

Far easier to get it on arrival in manila imo. Sorry I cant elaborate as I have never done it that way before.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    Yep...solicitor will probably charge you more for notarising than the 3050 pesos or thereabouts that it will cost on arrival at Manila airport...not to mention important documents floating about in the post.

No-brainer IMO unless you live close to the Embassy and can call in.

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
    I would like to apply by post for the 59 day visa from the Philippines Embassy in the UK.

By post they ask that:
    Applicants who cannot appear in person may send their applications by post. The applications should
    be duly notarized by a Notary Public or Solicitor, who is authorized to legalize signatures. A selfaddressed,
    pre-paid or stamped special delivery envelope must be enclosed for the return of your
    passports.

Can you someone elaborate on what this actually involves?

Has anyone here applied for the 59 day visa whilst in the UK... any thoughts or tips much appreciated.
    yes save yourself a lot of hassle and get visa in the philippines very easy i just got mine 3100 pesos = 45.00 its better than risking your passport going astray in the u.k .

Respected Member
    Thanks for the replies.

I read somewhere that I should have a return flight booked within the 21 days or I run the risk of not being allowed to fly or being allowed into the Philippines ?

Given your comments, I simply book my flight which returns within 80 days? (21 visa free + 59 day visa?) and then sort the visa at Manila airport.

Respected Member
    So it is ok to book my flight to return within 80 days?

I read somewhere that you may not be allowed into the Philippines if you do not have a flight that returns within 21 days.

Trusted Member
    As long as you have a return ticket (or ticket out)...no probs.

It would be the airline who would turn you away, not Phils immigration.

If you really want peace of mind....contact the airline.

Banned
    The Notary will probably cost you £30 plus for a scribble and rubber stamping along with all the hassle of making an appointment to go along to his office

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

I read somewhere that I should have a return flight booked within the 21 days or I run the risk of not being allowed to fly or being allowed into the Philippines ?

Given your comments, I simply book my flight which returns within 80 days? (21 visa free + 59 day visa?) and then sort the visa at Manila airport.
    Yes.

The 59 days includes your 21 days visa-free.

Effectively, they just add 38 days on to it.

Respected Member
    How can I pay for the visa fee at Manila?

Is there a cash machine I can withdraw money before immigration, can I pay by visa or will I have to order pesos before I leave.

There are other threads on how to do it, I will look to see if I can find it, but it is there somewhere.

I always pay in cash, but I believe you can use a card, but I think that would be more hassle. I think you could pay in US dollars, not sure on pounds.

edit, this is from another thread:
    Getting an extention visa is so easy. You do it on arrival in manila. Line up in the immigration queue as normal, when you get to the officer, tell him you need a longer visa, he directs you to the door on the left. You go in, tell them you want to extend, they get the ok, you pay, then go back to the immigration line and wallop!! you get your stamp. I have done it a couple of times already. No hassle.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

I have been to Davao 3 times now and never had to show a return ticket, thats not to say they wont ever ask you to prove it! My first visit I was asked and I said yes, that was sufficient for them, I always have had a return ticket though. Regarding the visa I did get a 59 day and a 1 year multi entry but I went to the visa office in London to do it - sorry not much help. Just remember you can only take 10,000peso into the country - BAZ

We didnt have that problem before in the uk anybody who had a return ticket couldnt come.. Sorry about that. I read somewhere you can purchase an open ticket. (Return when you want) within reason.

I got a 59 day visa in April, very easy, you just ask for one when you get to passport control and they will give you one, no questions were asked. They have no card machines there for you to pay via plastic so make sure you have a few thousand peso in your pocket, 3k peso rings a bell.

Trusted Member
    You MUST have a return or ONWARD ticket to legally enter the Philippines as a non-resident/citizen.

It has been that way for at least 20 years.

Recently (during the past week) they've been clamping down and actually CHECKING...though normally they didn't.

Your outgoing airline staff will normally check anyway though, as they are the ones who will be fined a lot of money for permitting you to fly without conforming with entry requirements.

Thread Information