Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Hence what I said in my previous post...

'A lot of research and even more common sense are all that is required, plus the right attitude towards women in the first place'.

I met my Fiancee through DIA and she is everything and more than I was expecting, but of course that didn't happen by accident.
    Driving Instructors Association?
    Defense Intelligence Agency?
    Detroit Institute of Arts?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    Sorry about what had happened to you... That's part of the LOVE MARKET SCENE. You will meet whole lots of frogs (liar, scammers, two-timers and a long list of ill people) before you get to kiss the princess. It's pretty ironic that it happens to people with "REAL INTENTIONS". I would hope that one day, a Filipina scammer would meet another foreign scammer and they scam each other. It would make their lives more colourful.

Read this poem I wrote few years ago about internet dating BUT I do hope you won't meet each kind.

http://thinjona.webs.com/apps/blog/s...he-love-market
    I recall reading your Love Market poem before. Quite poignant.

Respected Member
    Well I broke all the rules and sent my girlfriend a little money before we had met in person, but to be fair it was after several months and she had been spending a small fortune texting and calling me which she couldn't afford. We had been chatting sometimes 6 or 8 hours a day and she had given me her Facebook, email and Friendster passwords as mine to her. When we met in person she was exactly like the girl I had been chatting to. Before I'd met her I'd chatted with other girls and saw some were open goldiggers, some others we didn't click. A laptop with spyware is a terrible idea! Anyway I've been lucky and now am married to a lovely kindhearted sweet woman who always is putting others before herself.
    Advice I can give is be open and honest and learn to read people's personalities.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    Sorry about what had happened to you... That's part of the LOVE MARKET SCENE. You will meet whole lots of frogs (liar, scammers, two-timers and a long list of ill people) before you get to kiss the princess. It's pretty ironic that it happens to people with "REAL INTENTIONS". I would hope that one day, a Filipina scammer would meet another foreign scammer and they scam each other. It would make their lives more colourful.

Read this poem I wrote few years ago about internet dating BUT I do hope you won't meet each kind.

http://thinjona.webs.com/apps/blog/s...he-love-market
    Webcam use is recommended too.

Sorry to here what has happened to you.... but a few key points i noticed in my semi intoxicated state (I am being truthful - and you can trust me :p )

2 hours away? I have a feeling it's a scammer from AC... (well working in AC not from AC)...

Left alone with a 17 year old in your hotel.... I am sure you have been lucky as some men have been setup by this happening.....

If you have only been stung for £3k think yourself lucky as some people have been stung for a lot worse! Learn from your mistakes and move on....

---

On a side note... I am friends with a very nice filipino who is being supported by a very nice person in Canada (she is engaged to him), who also has a American Boyfriend, Indian Boyfriend, Malaysian Boyfriend and they all provide her with funds. None of them know about each other and she is also a CAM girl. On top of this... when i went for her birthday party in her province some time ago (2007) I met her filipino husband and her baby - With all these lies I am surprised how she knew her own name! She and many others are very switched on and are doing this for money and treat this just like a business.

Warning to everyone... just be careful and they are NOT all like this!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    This isn't completely true as upbringing, beliefs and morals come into it too.
    Have to agree with this
    Without those qualities you got yourself an empty glass.

Trusted Member
    Agree with what you say Chino.

You didn't happen to have an Angeles Hash House Harriers shirt on at the Barrio Fiesta today did you ?

Quote Originally Posted by chino View Post
    Sorry to here what has happened to you.... but a few key points i noticed in my semi intoxicated state (I am being truthful - and you can trust me :p )

2 hours away? I have a feeling it's a scammer from AC... (well working in AC not from AC)...

Left alone with a 17 year old in your hotel.... I am sure you have been lucky as some men have been setup by this happening.....

If you have only been stung for £3k think yourself lucky as some people have been stung for a lot worse! Learn from your mistakes and move on....

---

On a side note... I am friends with a very nice filipino who is being supported by a very nice person in Canada (she is engaged to him), who also has a American Boyfriend, Indian Boyfriend, Malaysian Boyfriend and they all provide her with funds. None of them know about each other and she is also a CAM girl. On top of this... when i went for her birthday party in her province some time ago (2007) I met her filipino husband and her baby - With all these lies I am surprised how she knew her own name! She and many others are very switched on and are doing this for money and treat this just like a business.

Warning to everyone... just be careful and they are NOT all like this!

Thanks all for your input,

No, her 17yrs sister not left in my hotel, this was the very day I arrived, she left her in her own small room she renting and went and sleep 2hrs drive away apparently with "a friend" who I have now foound out to be her another european lover.

...And my 3k bill is not benefit to her, it's just my cost of flight, 2 weeks hotels etc... infact I didn't spend a penny on her as I have been doubful about her for a while anyway.

Ok sometimes, I think I'm stupid myself, becoz last december I flew out to philippines and arranged 4 weeks holiday to spend with someone I thought was the one(This turned out to be really stupid for me). In total I spent 2 months in south east asia mutitripped to vietnam and thailand before ending up in phils at a total cost of 10-12k pounds.

As soon as I arrived in phils and saw the girl I had arranged to spend 4 weeks with for the first time, I was gutted as she doesn't look in person like what I was attracted to in pics. So now I was stucked, I hadn't planned for a plan B so I just stayed with her anyway for the whole 4 weeks becoz I didnt want to hurt her feelings by just sending her packing on first day when she knew I'm staying for 4 weeks.

Now , thinking back If I can replay that scenario again I would have just only plan to meet for 3 days max someone I'm just meeting for first time, during 3 days if she meet with my expectations then I extend it otherwise I'll let myself free to go find other prospects but I put all my eggs in one basket and it turned out to be just a waste of time.

chino, what you said about your friend in your side note is really true sadly. Running many boyfriends at a time to generate income is a big business everywhere not just in philippines but everywhere russia, ukraine etc.. And this business is thriving beacuse many of us are still prepared to send them noney before meeting them in person, if only one of them sending her money taken time to go there once they'd have picked up signs while with her she is player or butterfly as they call it over there.

However there is anohter filipina I was engaged to Aug. last year, we had a difficult moments then I broke off the relationship but within the past couple of weeks I've patched things up with her now and we are back together again. Hopefully this is the one that finally gets me out of the whole headache of the pinoy dating game.

dont beat yourself up too much blackcat22 your not the only one who's been scammed on here, and you will not be the last

hope things work out with your ex
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post

Also, I had previously learnt the hard way from a rather devious and cunning young lady from Scotland...
    ... aye ... there're plenty o' them!!

And they ain't a' young either.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... aye ... there're plenty o' them!!

And they ain't a' young either.
    Rough as old boots and swear like troopers.

Trusted Member
    I don't know why people don't just read the forum properly and take note of advice freely given.

None of this is rocket science, but there will always be those running out of the airport with dick in one hand and wallet in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Agree with what you say Chino.

You didn't happen to have an Angeles Hash House Harriers shirt on at the Barrio Fiesta today did you ?
    nope was not me....

Trusted Member
    Actually, he was an old bloke come to think of it, and I've just noticed your age...unless that's your partner's profile.

What Chino said sounds very very familiar. They're all at it.

Hash House Harriers, they get bloody everywhere

Probably a little bit off topic,

I watched a program on BBC last nite about human sex traffickers from nigeria where they traffic women from nigeria to european cities to work as prostitutes. But what shocked me particularly about this story was the fact that the traffickers take the girls to a black magic witch doctor who made rituals on her so she will never think of running away from her pay master when she arrives in europe.

The witch doctor job on her was so effective that after she was rescued, she still feeling urge to go back to her trafficker. She had to be taken back to the witch doctor to make another ritual to undo this urge. Only after this she stopped thinking about going back to trafficker.

Now then, could the same ritual stop our filipino brides running away from their husbands after collecting their UK permanent stay VISA as I've heard happens a lot.

I've even heard one making all sorts of excuses not to get pregnant by her husband after arrving in UK. Many of her filipino friends suspected she kinda buying time until she get her perm VISA and run away from husband.

Trusted Member
    There are good and bad in all countries.

Thousands of British men go to Thailand, the Philippines and other 3rd world countries every day of the week in search of cheap sex with prostitutes and other girls from poverty-stricken backgrounds.

Many also leave these girls pregnant and destitute and/or post their pictures on the internet without permission, for the sexual gratification of other males.

Naturally they would never consider themselves to be beneficiaries of human trafficking.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat22 View Post

Ok sometimes, I think I'm stupid myself, becoz last december I flew out to philippines and arranged 4 weeks holiday to spend with someone I thought was the one(This turned out to be really stupid for me). In total I spent 2 months in south east asia mutitripped to vietnam and thailand before ending up in phils at a total cost of 10-12k pounds.

As soon as I arrived in phils and saw the girl I had arranged to spend 4 weeks with for the first time, I was gutted as she doesn't look in person like what I was attracted to in pics. So now I was stucked, I hadn't planned for a plan B so I just stayed with her anyway for the whole 4 weeks becoz I didnt want to hurt her feelings by just sending her packing on first day when she knew I'm staying for 4 weeks.

Now , thinking back If I can replay that scenario again I would have just only plan to meet for 3 days max someone I'm just meeting for first time, during 3 days if she meet with my expectations then I extend it otherwise I'll let myself free to go find other prospects but I put all my eggs in one basket and it turned out to be just a waste of time.

However there is anohter filipina I was engaged to Aug. last year, we had a difficult moments then I broke off the relationship but within the past couple of weeks I've patched things up with her now and we are back together again. Hopefully this is the one that finally gets me out of the whole headache of the pinoy dating game.
    Sorry, i think you are what you say ''stupid'' ....why buy a laptop for someone you dont know and load a spy program ....blackcat, the water can only be tested once you live with your partner inside the same roof but you have to give each other 100% trust at the beginning of the relationship whether LDR(long distance relationship) or not....otherwise, dont look for love let love finds you(it will save you lots of money,...sit there relax enjoy yourself and let the right woman finds you lol) or maybe you are not destined to be with a filipina??
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

I am sorry for what had happen to you.. I am a Filipina too and as of now I am here facing likely the same case with yours but not yet confirmed..

Hope you will not get tired of searching for your dream girl and not all of Filipinas were like that, you jst have to know them better and longer so that you will know their real intention of having you around.

I just hope you find your way to the right girl soon

Respected Member
    OP - sorry to hear of your woes. There are bad people in all corners of the world. Perhaps this lady was hedging her bets in case one relationship didn't work out and things went too far?

All the Skype and email relationships in the world cannot equal one evening physically together. It is only then you will truly know. In my opinion, you may have very strong feelings, or think it is love with the person you are chatting with, but you can't really confirm it properly until you meet. Unfortunately that is not a cheap process when the UK/Philippines are the two locations.

One suggestion for those interested - remember there are a lot of Filipinos in other parts of the world which are less expensive to reach - Dubai being a good example. I wasn't prowling Dubai looking for my Rose, but there she was. I was lucky as I could drive to Dubai to meet her from Muscat at weekend. Since we met we have been to a club called Boracay in Deira, Dubai many times. In my opinion this would be ideal for any UK guy looking for a 'pina girl to share life with. (the words 'fish' and 'barrel' come to mind). I don't mean anything sordid here btw, it is simply a great place to meet Filipinas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information