Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Fiancée Visa - Surely not this quickly?

Does anyone think the UKBA can process a Fiancée Visa in 1-2 working days?

We had an appointment/applied on Sunday 10th June at the VFS offices in Dubai at around 2pm. We had applied online 30 minutes earlier. We used their 'VIP' option, they took biometrics while she was there too. We got a confirmation SMS that the docs were sent for processing in Abu Dhabi overnight. So they could have been on someone's desk at some point on Monday morning. Today, Tuesday afternoon my lady gets this email from what looks like an Abu Dhabi Visa clearing email address:

Date: June 12, 2012 1:35:49 PM GMT+04:00
    To: Future Mrs Trefor-to-be
    Subject: Your Visa Application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref: xxxxxx)

Your visa has been issued and will shortly be returned to our commercial partner. This does not mean that your documents are ready to collect: you must await confirmation of this, or follow the collection instructions you have already been given.

Your views are important to us, and we would really appreciate your feedback on the visa application process. Please visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Gulf-Pakistan-UKBA and let us know how we can improve our services.
    This is an automated respons

***********************************************************************************
    Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
    Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
    The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
    All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
    ***********************************************************************************

Looks promising, although the reference number in the email isn't on any of our docs (maybe it is the new Visa ref no?). They must have got her email address from somewhere. I supposed it could be a mistake and they sent this to the wrong person, but not very likely. If this is not a mistake then I guess we'll just have to wait for a day or two for VFS to get the passport back and SMS her to collect it.

Any input? Has anyone else dealt with the UAE UKBA team before?

Banned
    Yes. i know of one person for whom it took a day and some forum members for whom it took a day or two, so it is possible.

Looking at the senders e-mail address seems to have directly from the Embassy Visa section.
    In which case it does mean the visa is on it's way.
    Congratulations

Yes as lastlid has said there have been a number of members that experienced that kind of short response.

You soon know 100% when she gets her passport and visa in her hands

Respected Member
    Thanks guys, fingers crossed then. I'm in Japan on business at the moment, but I will be back in Dubai at the weekend. It will be incredible if we can collect her stamped passport before I return to the UK on Monday. And there was me getting comfortable for a 3-4 week wait!!! I'm going to have to clear out some wardrobe space sooner than expected

I'l let you know if and when she gets the SMS to collect/the actual passport/Visa!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Thanks guys, fingers crossed then. I'm in Japan on business at the moment, but I will be back in Dubai at the weekend. It will be incredible if we can collect her stamped passport before I return to the UK on Monday. And there was me getting comfortable for a 3-4 week wait!!! I'm going to have to clear out some wardrobe space sooner than expected

I'l let you know if and when she gets the SMS to collect/the actual passport/Visa!!!!
    Your timing was just about right too Trefor

yes it is possible, depends on which country the embassy is in and the time of the year. i wouldn't have thought the embassy in Dubai was NOT as busy as the British embassy in Manila
    good luck
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    Except the ones taking food to the Brits in jail who have offended the local Arabs' medieval sensibilities.

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar
    congrats!!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Except the ones taking food to the Brits in jail who have offended the local Arabs' medieval sensibilities.
    But remember, 99% of these Brits were so drunk they don't remember what they were doing. I'm not defending the local Arab hypocrits who come to London and party during Ramadan, but most of the Brits abroad who fall foul of local rules are pissheads and deserve a good slap for ruining our reputation abroad!

Great result congratulations

Respected Member
    She just got this SMS (at 10pm Dubai time last night): Processed visa application ref no.DUB/blah/blah is ready for collection at UK Visa Application Centre

Now we have to wait until 4pm Thurs Dubai time when she can collect it. Its 6am Thursday here in Japan, and I'm on a flight at 10pm. +5 hours means I'll find out what she sees just before boarding. It's going to be a looonng day!

Trusted Member
    But remember, 99% of these Brits were so drunk they don't remember what they were doing. I'm not defending the local Arab hypocrits who come to London and party during Ramadan, but most of the Brits abroad who fall foul of local rules are pissheads and deserve a good slap for ruining our reputation abroad!
    What reputation ?

Banned

What was the outcome on your visa??

Hi I have been experiencing the same issues, I applied for my visa on 25th May and got a verification call from Abudhabi on 26th June. I then received an email on my id stated below:

Please let me know as im worried about the outcome and if this means the visa is granted. Also there were me and my husbands passport but only i recieve this email along with a text that passport in transit.

1st July
    3G Un-Cleared abdhaVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk

Your visa has been issued and will shortly be returned to our commercial partner. This does not mean that your documents are ready to collect: you must await confirmation of this, or follow the collection instructions you have already been given.

Your views are important to us, and we would really appreciate your feedback on the visa application process. Please visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Gulf-Pakistan-UKBA and let us know how we can improve our services.
    This is an automated respons

************************************************** *********************************
    Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.

This email (with any attachments) is intended for the attention of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender straight away before deleting the message without copying, distributing or disclosing its contents to any other person or organisation. Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
    Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the FCO's policy.
    The FCO keeps and uses information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal information may be released to other UK government departments and public authorities.
    All messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

I even Asked them on email on phone but all i got was this:

Dear Mrs. ABCD,

Thank you for your email dated 02nd July 2012, which has been passed on to me for a response.

Unfortunately, we are not in a position to disclose the outcome of the decisions made. I can confirm your passport has left our Embassy on the 2nd July 2012 and Gerrys will contact you once they receive your passport through courier. Please allow them 5 working days.

Casework and Correspondence Team Leader | International Group | UK Border Agency | British Embassy | Abu Dhabi
    Landline: +971 26101100
    * visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas

Your views are important to us. If you wish to give us feedback on the services we provide please click this link to the UKBA customer survey.

She just got this SMS (at 10pm Dubai time last night): Processed visa application ref no.DUB/blah/blah is ready for collection at UK Visa Application Centre

Now we have to wait until 4pm Thurs Dubai time when she can collect it. Its 6am Thursday here in Japan, and I'm on a flight at 10pm. +5 hours means I'll find out what she sees just before boarding. It's going to be a looonng day!

Thread Information