Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: my wedding

my wedding

well i am now married to marites wish i was still there with her i didnt need to go uk embassey as said on here as i had a uk cni we just went to nso office and filled in paper work for local cni/cenomar paid the fee ph390 3days wait then we went to get wedding application at town hall ph200 10 days wait solentation ph500 licence fee ph20 last for 120 days after the 10 day wait we was married by the town major civile cerimony all in allcost of wedding ph15.000 as it was fiesta time so it was cheaper as food was already sorted lol as this was my first trip i loved it weather was good but after reading about immigration changes looks like this will not be a good time for us but am not giving up on her because of this gov i would rather work then send my money to her keep a open ticket stay there then when i need more money come back work then do it all over again

best of luck to you both
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Sincere congratulations to you both Hawk and Marites on your marriage
    Glad to hear everything went so well.

The govt has not yet made any changes to immigration rules on the settlement route so try to keep your usual positive attitude.
    Our online community is prepared to stick together and face whatever battles may be needed.

Congratulations, Hawk!! Maybe now's a good time to apply for the visa, since no changes have been made yet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    well i am now married to marites wish i was still there with her i didnt need to go uk embassey as said on here as i had a uk cni we just went to nso office and filled in paper work for local cni/cenomar paid the fee ph390 3days wait then we went to get wedding application at town hall ph200 10 days wait solentation ph500 licence fee ph20 last for 120 days after the 10 day wait we was married by the town major civile cerimony all in allcost of wedding ph15.000 as it was fiesta time so it was cheaper as food was already sorted lol as this was my first trip i loved it weather was good but after reading about immigration changes looks like this will not be a good time for us but am not giving up on her because of this gov i would rather work then send my money to her keep a open ticket stay there then when i need more money come back work then do it all over again
    Great news Hawk.

One question. Are you saying that you didn't exchange your UK CNI for a local CNI at the UK embassy in Manila?

Congratulations on your ... and best wishes to you & Marites for your future together.

Congratulations to you both
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Great news Hawk.

One question. Are you saying that you didn't exchange your UK CNI for a local CNI at the UK embassy in Manila?
    Does that mean that me and Mrs Lastlid didn't have to go to the trouble of exchanging my UK CNI at the UK embassy in Maniala after all?

I hope that is the case !!!! will help with the trouble i am having getting an appointment at the british embassy at the moment

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mick foreman View Post
    I hope that is the case !!!! will help with the trouble i am having getting an appointment at the british embassy at the moment
    None of the mods have batted an eyelid at this. I might be missing something though....but having said that it appears to have been the case for some time that a local CNI from the UK Embassy has been a requirement before applying for a UK Spouse visa.

None of the mods have batted an eyelid at this. I might be missing something though....
    ... that's probably because "ALL EYES" have been glued to the latest thread about the 'proposed income levels'. But here's one now!

... but having said that it appears to have been the case for some time that a local CNI from the UK Embassy has been a requirement before applying for a UK Spouse visa.
    I certainly had to exchange my British CNI for a Philippines one ... albeit don't recollect needing to make a prior appointment with the Embassy in Manila. However, that was in December 2008. Processing was carried out on a 'while-u-wait' basis, and took about 20 minutes from start to finish.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... that's probably because "ALL EYES" have been glued to the latest thread about the 'proposed income levels'. But here's one now!
    Eye off the ball there......

Banned
    When my wife and I started planning our future, before we were married, we simply planned to get married in the Philippines using my NSO CENOMAR. But fortunatley someone pointed out to us that we needed to do more than that and this involved a trip to the UK embassy. We then went to the embassy and found out about the CNI exchange malarky etc

Congratulations Hawk and best of luck for the future

Dont know how you managed it without local CNI from the Embassy but it must be different rules in different areas.

Here's what The British Embassy in Manila state about the CNI :-

If you wish to marry in the Philippines you must produce, to the Philippine Authorities, a local Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) stating that
    you are free to marry. This can only be obtained from the British Embassy in Manila or through our Honorary Consul in Cebu.
    If you have been married in another country and now wish to have a further marriage ceremony in the Philippines, we are unable to issue you a local CNI as
    you are already married.
    This is the official process, and the one that should be adhered to if problems and delays are to be minimised.

We all know that deviations from official rules can often happen. Sometimes there may be impacts and other times not.

Personally I recommend you stick with official requirements.

Here is an extract from the Embassy website about How to apply for a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI)
    Applicants for Certificates of Non-Impediment (CNI) are required to set an appointment with the Consular Section. Kindly send appointment requests via e-mail to Manila.ConsAppointment@fco.gov.uk at least two (2) weeks before your intended date of visit. Please indicate five (5) preferred dates - we will do our best to accommodate your request depending on schedule availability.

Note that the Consular Section is unable to entertain appointment inquiries over the phone.
    Contact details:-
    Consular section
    British Embassy Manila
    120 Upper McKinley Road,
    McKinley Hill, Taguig City
    Philippines 1634
    Tel: +63 2 858 2200
    Fax: +63 2 858 2342
    E-mail: Cons.Manila@fco.gov.uk

None of the mods have batted an eyelid at this. .
    We also have lives outside of the forum. I think you'll find no one gets ignored here.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Banned
    I hope that Hawk has found an alternative route through. Or a loophole. And hasn't made the mistake that we nearly made.

yes i just went to nso office so didnt need to go to embassy to exchange the nso accepted my uk one with no problems took 3 days to processe then i just picked up cert then went to get wedding licence

we went to local nso office and told them about uk cni and they said you only need to go embassy if you havent got one from uk but all i did was take my uk cni and passport to nso office and paid fee if was easy and faster then getting it in uk lol

yes i did have appointment with them but when i found out i didnt need to go isaved alot of money its always best to try nso first and ask them as i did and saved £65 at embassy as ithis was only done on 15 may and wedding on 28 may it went with no problems at all

we did get a local cni/cenomar from nso office but without going to uk embassy just take you uk one and thats it we went to san fernando near pampanga

Respected Member Eyes O'Donnell's Avatar
    Congratulations and best wishes for the future

congrate to you both

Trusted Member
    Congratulations Hawk !

Looks like you may have just circumvented a bit of bureaucracy.

Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but as long as your Brit CNI is genuine and the Filipino NSO one is, can't see a problem.

Anyway, all the best for the future.

Personally I got the ex across asap (before she or I changed our minds...lol!), then did the tooing and fro-ing to the Phils later.

Congrats to you and your lady wife hawk all the best mate.

many thanks to you all now next is to get marites here

Thread Information