Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

UK Visa - Pay by Credit Card in Manila???

Since their present visit visas have expired, I've just completed 5 year UK Visa applications online for my wife and stepdaughter here in Muscat. At the end of the application it allowed me to pay the visa fee by credit card, and then all that was left to do was make an appointment for them on the local VFS website to submit the biometrics.

Just wondering if the applications for Manila allow payment online by credit card yet?

Will let you know how it goes, but should be pretty straightforward as they've both had several UK visas before. The only thing that made me cry was the cost. :-(

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Since their present visit visas have expired, I've just completed 5 year UK Visa applications online for my wife and stepdaughter here in Muscat. At the end of the application it allowed me to pay the visa fee by credit card, and then all that was left to do was make an appointment for them on the local VFS website to submit the biometrics.

Just wondering if the applications for Manila allow payment online by credit card yet?

Will let you know how it goes, but should be pretty straightforward as they've both had several UK visas before. The only thing that made me cry was the cost. :-(
    Well, it wasn't so last September.....and I know of some that have tried recently without success.

Respected Member
    So after having paid successfully, I tried to make an appoinment last night, and the VFS website said 'no appointments available'.
    I e-mailed them, and eventually two e-mails later they explained that I'd have to wait till the end of May for the June appointments to open up, and then try to quickly get an appointment before they all go.
    As I always, I really find the British Embassy and VFS just a joke.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I think some of here advised to go there (VFS) even without appointment..because they accommodate applicants without appointments, although they have to go there very early, like 7am (?)..I remember one of the forum members said process was faster than people with appointments..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    Is there a logical explanation as to why the UKBA in Manila wont take "plastic" online for payment for visa applications?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I think some of here advised to go there (VFS) even without appointment..because they accommodate applicants without appointments, although they have to go there very early, like 7am (?)..I remember one of the forum members said process was faster than people with appointments..
    Unfortunately, unlike VFS in Manila, in Muscat is strictly by appointment

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Is there a logical explanation as to why the UKBA in Manila wont take "plastic" online for payment for visa applications?
    Well this is what I don't understand. Because the form essentially is the same one as I've used for applying in Muscat and on the same website. So it really seems odd why paying by credit card isn't an option.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Well this is what I don't understand. Because the form essentially is the same one as I've used for applying in Muscat and on the same website. So it really seems odd why paying by credit card isn't an option.
    In a way I am surprised that we couldn't pay my for my wife's spouse visa in UK pounds to some place in London. Seems so odd. I realise that they have to pay VFS for their services and the Manila based staff, but why cant the fee be simply paid (as an option) in the UK......

Thread Information