Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... out "on the bash", Hache?
    ah yes, albeit not in public mate, just round my friends...haha....its still going on....texts...haha...
    cider is going down well...

Quote Originally Posted by HACHE View Post
    ah yes, albeit not in public mate, just round my friends...haha....its still going on....texts...haha...
    cider is going down well...
    ... ENJOY!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... ENJOY!
    Oh I am mate, thanks.....
    hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by myfilipino View Post
    hi I'm new to all this, can anyone help me?I've been seeing this girl for some months now and don't want to lose her,
    she has 2 kids back home and is divorced
    she has a 2 year study visa (1 year to go)
    id just like to know how do we stand legaly if she was to stay with me?
    any help would be great.

I met my girl here in the UK while she was studying, and my biggest regret is being traditional and wanting to make sure it was both what we wanted and had the blessing of both our families. When she went home, I went with her for 3 weeks and stayed with her and her family. We got on like a house on fire, and still chat to them all the time, but anyway my biggest regret was deciding to get married out there. I've now got a fight on my hands for the Visa (Stupid £18k!) when I could have easily married her here and kept her here. Who know's when we will be able to live together again :(

If only I could cope with hot weather and I'd happily live out there, but I'm a cold weather person. Give me 20ft of snow over sun anyday! I met the wrong girl in that aspect haha

Trusted Member
    I took my friend out there a few years back.

He loved the girls, but was otherwise as miserable as sin because of the heat and humidity.

Me, I just walk slowly, use fans in the house (never aircon), do the more energetic stuff in the evening when it's cooler, and just get on with it.

I wouldn't say you acclimatise to it (my longest continuous stay was 3 years), but you just make sure you're cool when you need to be and drink plenty of water.

I'd sit there with two fans on me and still sweat! I've never been good with the heat here, and knew I'd struggle out there, but didn't realise it would be so bad. Mind you, the trip to Baguio came in useful! i quite enjoyed the 15c at night as opposed to the 30c I was having just outside Manila.

Trusted Member
    I always lose at least a stone in weight after a month or two...despite the increased beer intake, but only ever properly ill there once, and that was over 20 years ago.

Cooking your own food helps, plus careful attention to hygiene.

Only illness I had was after the Balut! Nasty stuff! Went down ok.... 4 hours later it certainly had no issue finding a way out of me again!

Beer intake was minimal for me, and I did manage to lose some weight, but soon put that back on again once home and the delights of comfort food!

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    no, but until recently you needed a COA (cert of approval) from the Home Office before you could marry, which you dont any more..
    I thought it was the Visit visa that were not allowed to marry in the UK and must go back to their country?
    I'm a cruel and heartless bitch but I’m damn good at it!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Oh dear.

Please save us from ANOTHER thread hi-jacked for the purposes of your missionary work.

The members of this forum are not 5 year-olds, so kindly stop insulting their intelligence every time you start with the Mr.Knowitall sessions.
    You've lightened my day already..

A man after my own heart

Trusted Member
    What a miserable SOB I am.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    What a miserable SOB I am.
    No!....just saying how it is. Best way to be. Much better than giving flannel

I,m due to be married in late July to a wonderful lady who is single and no kids and the one thing she did was when she applied for her Philippine passport and student visa they asked if she was married.
    She contacted NS0 National Statistics Office in Manila. She was issued with a certificate showing she was very much Single. This was shown to the Registrar when we booked the Wedding at the beginning of June and they were more than Satisfied with that.
    On another note I was invited to a wedding here in London of a friend who was marrying a lady from Philippines who was here on Student Visa. She had been married in Philippines but the marriage was Annulled. She had to produce proof of this to the Registrar and the marriage went ahead without a hitch. So having prove the marriage is Annulled is very important because I,m guessing her passport or visa will show Married. Hope that helps clarify your question. As for you living together theres no issue over that your very much free to have whom you wish to live with you in your home.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myfilipino View Post
    hi I'm new to all this, can anyone help me?I've been seeing this girl for some months now and don't want to lose her,
    she has 2 kids back home and is divorced
    she has a 2 year study visa (1 year to go)
    id just like to know how do we stand legaly if she was to stay with me?
    any help would be great.
    Well, as others have said, divorce does not exist in the Philippines.

It is POSSIBLE to get an annulment, but it takes a deal of time and money.

Your lady will have to return to the Philippines on the expiry of her student visa (a word of caution, here - she should NOT overstay if she ever wants to return to the UK legally, as overstaying, without a brilliant excuse, like being in hospital at death's door, will get her a ten year ban - I kid you not!) unless you choose to marry whilst she is here, in which case she will have to provide evidence that she is free to marry - i.e., if she was married before, an annulment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information