Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar

Landlord letter of support

guys, i am so upset with all the probs i am facing with our application and we missed on our target date bec of the holiday and the delays with the bank statements now i just realized that the date on my landlords letter is one month already today! will this not be acceptable to the embassy? we can give reason as to such that the landlord gave this early last month bec he was to leave for work and he will be out of the house for a month. how are we supposed to provide a new letter from the landlord now? will the rent book and tenancy agreement will do?( in tenancy it does not indicate how many months are we to stay in the house)

the letter should be ok uk embassy cant expect you to have the latest date on docs you give them they will accept other docs with differant dates ie cni bank statements dont worry as long as you have the docs you need it will go ok good luck

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar
    ohhh thats great what a relief! thank you ill soon make an appointment oohhh

its only some items of docs that are time date ie when you need cni last 3 month again we cant all stick to a set time on getting appointments and submiting docs main thing dont rush keep calm give yourself time to breath always have a plan b if needed get to appointments early as a delay in traffic wont go along way when they say you cant be seen set out your docs you need the day be4

Banned
    My landlords letter was dated several months earlier than the submission date.....

We also submitted the tenancy agreement along with the letter. No rent book....in any case the rent was stated on the bank statements.

Trusted Member
    Presumably the powers that be have email and telephones if they want to check by splashing out 20p from the exorbitant fees they're charging.

hello...just wanna ask/confirm if the CNI and the CENOMAR that we used in our wedding is not the one we will submit on our visa application ( we marry November 2010)...need your advise, please

Respected Member
    Has anyone got the text of a landlord's letter they can share with me? I'm going to be needing one shortly and it is probably easier to do it for them IYKWIM.

Thank you!

Banned
    Last edited by lastlid; 30th April 2012 at 17:00. Reason: Duplicated

Banned
    Mine read like this......

Dear Mr and Mrs Lastlid,

Please find attached your draft lease for your occupation of Apartment No #, (followed by the address).

We can confirm that the property consists of 910 sq ft including one double bedroom with en suite bathroom etc etc spread over 2 floors, accessible from such and such a street. A full inventory is provided bla bla bla to be signed by yourselves prior to moving in on 1st August 2011.

The property is certified for habitation by two persons on a permanent basis.

Your rent includes all rates, services etc etc

Signed by the landlord.

This isnt all of it. It wasn't just for the purposes of the visa application so it contained extra info that the ECO didnt really need. This letter was accompanied by the lease agreement.

Respected Member
    Thanks. I'll knock something similar up then.

Much appreciated.

T/.

Banned
    How did you get on with this?

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Mine read like this......

Dear Mr and Mrs Lastlid,

Please find attached your draft lease for your occupation of Apartment No #, (followed by the address).

We can confirm that the property consists of 910 sq ft including one double bedroom with en suite bathroom etc etc spread over 2 floors, accessible from such and such a street. A full inventory is provided bla bla bla to be signed by yourselves prior to moving in on 1st August 2011.

The property is certified for habitation by two persons on a permanent basis.

Your rent includes all rates, services etc etc

Signed by the landlord.

This isnt all of it. It wasn't just for the purposes of the visa application so it contained extra info that the ECO didnt really need. This letter was accompanied by the lease agreement.
    hello lastlid does it mean that aside from the tenancy agreement we will need to provide also landlords letter of support?what if he will just give tenancy agreement?will it be enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Leen View Post
    hello lastlid does it mean that aside from the tenancy agreement we will need to provide also landlords letter of support?what if he will just give tenancy agreement?will it be enough?
    The onus is on the applicant to provide clear evidence of adequate accommodation.

The ECO's judgement of adequate accommodation is based on the evidence from the applicant.
    The tenancy agreement alone may or may not be sufficient evidence for the ECO, but in order to minimise any risks I strongly suggest you follow the same path as most others here have done and also include a letter/statement from the owner/landlord or agent etc that confirms that there is no objection to an additional resident moving into the accommodation.

It doesn't need to be complicated, just a simple written statement is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    The onus is on the applicant to provide clear evidence of adequate accommodation.

The ECO's judgement of adequate accommodation is based on the evidence from the applicant.
    The tenancy agreement alone may or may not be sufficient evidence for the ECO, but in order to minimise any risks I strongly suggest you follow the same path as most others here have done and also include a letter/statement from the owner/landlord or agent etc that confirms that there is no objection to an additional resident moving into the accommodation.

It doesn't need to be complicated, just a simple written statement is enough.
    loads of thanx terpe for the advice,already told hubby about it.my mind is in jumble for too many information and to be honest im really worried i might make mistake on our application that's why i always visit this site to read advices and get ideas from successful applicants

loads of thanx terpe for the advice,already told hubby about it.my mind is in jumble for too many information and to be honest im really worried i might make mistake on our application that's why i always visit this site to read advices and get ideas from successful applicants
    Always best to check and double check every part of the application before final submission.
    Ask as many questions as you want, always someone here will respond.
    Settlement visa applications these days are just too important and too expensive to take even the smallest risks.
    Good luck with your preparations and application

When my wife applied a few years ago we only supplied the tenancy agreement.

If its not too dificult to get, then submit it, the more documents supplied would help the application.

Banned
    As far as I know there is no such thing as a requirement for letter of support from the landlord. More a question of verifying the size of the accommodation etc and the tenancy and accepting the extra person on the tenancy agreement.)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    When my wife applied a few years ago we only supplied the tenancy agreement.

If its not too dificult to get, then submit it, the more documents supplied would help the application.
    Yes. My wifes name wasn't on the original tenancy agreement so I had to get the landlord to confirm in his letter that my wife would be part of the tenancy agreement. Then when she arrived in the UK her name went on the agreement.

Trusted Member
    The only proof of support required will be from the actual person/people who are proposing to financially SUPPORT you ...ie...SPONSOR you.

Totally different than 'suitable accommodation'.

Thread Information