Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

im looking for a caregiving job in london

hi my name trecy ancheta from pangasinan, and im looking for a caregiving job in london or nerby cities.. hoping that someone could help me regarding this.. thanks..

hello pangkiestyle, welcome to the forum, you will find everyone friendly and helpfull here,

regards to caregiving jobs , i think there be very little hope, but others will be along and tell you better than i,

what you must be careful of is job scam advertisments that ask for money ect, for work visa and job ,
    it isnt so easy, if you get any offers like that feel free to put there email addy , advert for friends here to check if real, just take care ,

Quote Originally Posted by pangkiestyle View Post
    hi my name trecy ancheta from pangasinan, and im looking for a caregiving job in london or nerby cities.. hoping that someone could help me regarding this.. thanks..
    Hello Trecy, welcome here

I'm very sorry to have to say that the route you're aiming for is currently almost impossible.

Non-EEA citizens normally need to apply for positions that are listed on the UKBA Tier 2 Shortage Occupation List here.
    If the job is on the shortage occupation list then an employer can offer the job to an overseas person without having first fulfilled the Resident Labour Market Test by advertising the vacancy in the UK.

May I suggest you bookmark the Shortage Occupation List and set aside some time to review any changes that happen from time to time. Could be positive.

MAC (Migration Advisory Committee) has recently (February 2012) published their report "Limits on Migration"
    . It's a very long report, but not too difficult to read

Again, just for your information here is the UKBA webpage called "Working In The UK"

Sorry it won't help you to secure a UK job right now, but at least it may help a little in your understanding of the tough UK immigration rules.
    Good luck

Thread Information