Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

TOEIC_Hopkins (A1 level tests)

Good morning everyone!!!

It is our pleasure to be part of this community

Through this, hopefully we answer your inquiries about the required tests for UKBA application.

God bless and take care

Nice you've joined this forum...will be a great help to those who will need it....keep us posted and welcome........

Quote Originally Posted by TOEIC_Hopkins View Post
    Good morning everyone!!!

It is our pleasure to be part of this community

Through this, hopefully we answer your inquiries about the required tests for UKBA application.

God bless and take care
    thats nice to hear!!! ;')

Thanks for the warm welcome

Hi.welcome to this forum.I will be booking an exam soon in your test center.

Banned
    Hello. My wife took your test back in July and passed! Its great that you are on the forum for future visa applicants as the English language tests and some of the test centers in general have proven to be a bit of a "minefield" in the past. And I think it is fair to say that some forum members have had issues with some test providers though in some regions they have little choice but to use the test center in their district.

Banned
    From the English Language test perspective, please can you tell us what you know of any forthcoming changes to the requirements for Spouse / Fiancee visa applicants to the UK? At the moment it is evidently a requirement for applicants to have passed at A1 level. And there is rumour that this will change soon. What are you hearing on your grapevine?

Oh currently we stick to A1 level tests for the spouse/fiance visa applicants as of their latest update last November 2011. There are just two tests now that they accredit for A1 level namely TOEIC (Hopkins) and the Cambridge tests (which are under different institutions). I also observed that the UK embassy doesn't provide a list yet of the complete accredited test centers like before which the examinees brought when they inquire. These are the only update I can share with you guys

Hi Hopkins..glad to know that you are here to answer the Inquires especially for those who are going to take an English Exam, ..

welcome to the forum TOEIC_Hopkins. Nice to see you here. most of the ladies above/below including me took the test at your centre. Thanks for providing good service. Keep up the good work and godbless!

Quote Originally Posted by aronbabev View Post
    Hi Hopkins..glad to know that you are here to answer the Inquires especially for those who are going to take an English Exam, ..
    The pleasure is ours Ma'am
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by juvyjones28 View Post
    welcome to the forum TOEIC_Hopkins. Nice to see you here. most of the ladies above/below including me took the test at your centre. Thanks for providing good service. Keep up the good work and godbless!

Thank you Ms. Juvy! You've been our ambassador here
    Rest assured that we will do our best to provide best service for our fellow Filipinos...Hope others will continue to support us ^_^
    God bless!

Banned
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....hlight=HOPKINS

I would like to take some credit too. Have a look at this thread above for example...

Back in July I hadn't really been involved with the forum too much as I only joined then and I spent an immense amount of time phoning Manila (yourselves, VFS, UKBA, Pearsons and the British Council), various test centres in the UK, Malaysia (as one provider is or was based there even though tests were held in Manila) trying to resolve for us, what was a complete mess in terms of who was going to be the test providers for the UKBA requirement. Words like "brewery", "couldn't", "organise" and "drinking session" spring to mind. You may recall it was at that time the UKBA decided to review / tinker / rationalise with the approved list of providers. I remember phoning one test provider in early July and said "I gather you are on the approved list of test providers" and they said "are we?" "thats the first we have heard" and another who said " we can take a booking for next tuesday but the result will be null and void after the 17th July" or similar. VFS and the UKBA were putting out two different and contrasting approved lists. A complete comedy of errors. With a bit of luck and a bit of judgement and a lot of effort and a good few pounds spent on phone calls, my wife used yourselves and thankfully we havent looked back since.

That chaos that I speak of was indeed resolved although the whole language test requirement still seems to throw up issues as we have seen on the forum. One of my biggest gripes is that if a Filipina has a Philippine degree taught entirely in English for 4 years, why in god's name should she need to sit the UKBA approved language test. I have even come across a Filipina who has an English degree taught in English at a Philippine university and still had to sit the UKBA approved english language test.....how absurd. Obviously not of Hopkins making but you are a lot closer to the UKBA in Manila than I am. Give them a prod please!

Anyhow, credit to you chaps for bringing some sanity into the chaos of the game of UKBA approved English Language Tests.

Oh I missed that one Ma'am!

Thank you po

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....hlight=HOPKINS

I would like to take some credit too. Have a look at this thread above for example...

Back in July I hadn't really been involved with the forum too much as I only joined then and I spent an immense amount of time phoning Manila (yourselves, VFS, UKBA, Pearsons and the British Council), various test centres in the UK, Malaysia (as one provider is or was based there even though tests were held in Manila) trying to resolve for us, what was a complete mess in terms of who was going to be the test providers for the UKBA requirement. Words like "brewery", "couldn't", "organise" and "drinking session" spring to mind. You may recall it was at that time the UKBA decided to review / tinker / rationalise with the approved list of providers. I remember phoning one test provider in early July and said "I gather you are on the approved list of test providers" and they said "are we?" "thats the first we have heard" and another who said " we can take a booking for next tuesday but the result will be null and void after the 17th July" or similar. VFS and the UKBA were putting out two different and contrasting approved lists. A complete comedy of errors. With a bit of luck and a bit of judgement and a lot of effort and a good few pounds spent on phone calls, my wife used yourselves and thankfully we havent looked back since.

That chaos that I speak of was indeed resolved although the whole language test requirement still seems to throw up issues as we have seen on the forum. One of my biggest gripes is that if a Filipina has a Philippine degree taught entirely in English for 4 years, why in god's name should she need to sit the UKBA approved language test. I have even come across a Filipina who has an English degree taught in English at a Philippine university and still had to sit the UKBA approved english language test.....how absurd. Obviously not of Hopkins making but you are a lot closer to the UKBA in Manila than I am. Give them a prod please!

Anyhow, credit to you chaps for bringing some sanity into the chaos of the game of UKBA approved English Language Tests.
    Thank you too Sir ^_^

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    hi TOEIC_Hopkins,
    Thank you for all the helpful infos you provided. I wondered if you also provide english training or study. My hubby wishes to do short english study first before taking the exam on your centre.

Quote Originally Posted by romcez08 View Post
    hi TOEIC_Hopkins,
    Thank you for all the helpful infos you provided. I wondered if you also provide english training or study. My hubby wishes to do short english study first before taking the exam on your centre.
    Hello there! As regards to your concern, we do conduct workshop (every 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month but it’s moved to Tuesday if the schedule falls on a holiday). During the workshop, they do answer sample tests for Listening and Reading and they’re given tips on how to answer for the Speaking-only tests. During that time also, they can discuss there concerns regarding the tests. Thank you!

hi TOEIC_hopkins,

Thank you for your reply. Would you mind if I ask for the workshop fee? Or otherwise if you can give me your contact details and I will ask my hubby to do the inquery. Thank you !

Hi!

the workshop comes in a package so if you would want to take it, you just need to pay Php 6,000.00 which includes the 2 tests and workshop.

you can contact us through this numbers: 895-9944/896-5808 or 09175972278

Thank you!

Hi! just want to ask how long will i get the certificate for the test because I am planning to take an exam next week.Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ReemaOwens View Post
    Hi! just want to ask how long will i get the certificate for the test because I am planning to take an exam next week.Thank you
    Reema, it may be better to give them a call:-

you can contact us through this numbers: 895-9944/896-5808 or 09175972278

validity

hello Hopkins just wanted to ask if how long is the validity of the said exam?

thank u so much

Quote Originally Posted by eryklondon73 View Post

thank u so much
    I think you'll find it's 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by ReemaOwens View Post
    Hi ma'am!

for the Listening and Reading, you can get the score report within the day (afternoon) while for Speaking-only, it will take 15 working day maximun

Quote Originally Posted by eryklondon73 View Post

thank u so much
    Hi!

It will be valid for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I think you'll find it's 2 years

Thank you for giving the right information

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Reema, it may be better to give them a call:-

Thank you for assisting ma'am

Hi Hopkins

Do you really have to go through all that registration by mail, sending over scanned bank deposit slips - can you not just turn up and register in person on the day? Or is this for extra security?

Thanks again

Thread Information