Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Discrepancy on Parents date of marriage

Hello Guys, It's me again. Well, out of the blue I have just found out that my Parents date of marriage doesn't match to my Birth certificate? I know this will affect in future when applying for british passport. Is there anyone here have same situation? Or do I need to explain and attached my parents marriage contract? As you know... in the Philippines typo errors are often.. I'm now panicking!!!

hello scottishbride, i seem not able to see in the application form that one's parents date of marriage is ask. Only the father and mother's name, nationality, town and country of origin are asked. Like you i'm going to apply british citizenship soon so been trying to have a practise in filling up the form.

with Aileen [acs], Melissa ... cannnot see WHY the date of your parents' marriage should have any bearing whatsoever on your application for a British Passport ... so NO worries !!!

Quote Originally Posted by acs View Post
    hello scottishbride, i seem not able to see in the application form that one's parents date of marriage is ask. Only the father and mother's name, nationality, town and country of origin are asked. Like you i'm going to apply british citizenship soon so been trying to have a practise in filling up the form.
    Hiya! Thanks for the reply... Yes, it wasn't in the Citizenship form AN, but a friend of mine say it will be asked in British passport application forms. I guess, I just need to supply them marriage contract of my parents incase...

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    with Aileen [acs], Melissa ... cannnot see WHY the date of your parents' marriage should have any bearing whatsoever on your application for a British Passport ... so NO worries !!!
    Hello Arthur, I guess am a worrier! I worry too much! Hahaha.. Anyway, hope you and Ate Myrna are well. Are you ready for Christmas?

sorry i thought its the an application form for the citizenship,yes its asked in the british passport application form, parents date and place of marriage, in my opinion better to write the 2 dates, the 1st one explaining that's what's written in your birth certificate and the 2nd the actual date of your parents marriage in their marriage contract, anyway we will be asked to attend an interview when we apply so you can explain further if asked about it. just my idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by acs View Post
    sorry i thought its the an application form for the citizenship,yes its asked in the british passport application form, parents date and place of marriage, in my opinion better to write the 2 dates, the 1st one explaining that's what's written in your birth certificate and the 2nd the actual date of your parents marriage in their marriage contract, anyway we will be asked to attend an interview when we apply so you can explain further if asked about it. just my idea though.
    Thank you for the adivce acs. Please share us when you get your Brtish passport. And congrats in advance. You are now in the end of tunnel.

Thread Information