Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Job order or letter for job

hi... I need advice and help from you guys anybody knows about how does the letter should be when an employer would want to hire someone?

Because my husband asked his former employer if he can give him a job when he gets back from Philippines and my husband asked him to make a letter that we can present or include in our document for application (EEA) that he will have a job when he gets back.... because my husband will stay here for 3 months so he has to resign from his current job because they will not allow him to have a vacation that long... so he decided to ask his former boss which is also like a friend if he can give him a job when he gets back and he agreed.. his former boss owns an agency ... a letting agency for rent/selling houses .... but his former boss doesn't know how to make that letter coz he never made one he's just hiring people after interviews and stuff but he never experienced making a letter for this that you have to present....

so does anyone know how or what should be included in that letter? or is there any sample of this what is it called exactly?

Thank you...

How about this?

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr [insert full name] has been employed as a [state job] with the Agency since [date commenced.] Recently, however, he felt it his duty to relinquish his post in order to spend quality time with his wife - who resides in the Philippines - with a view to her ultimately applying for a Spousal Visa/EEA Permit to come to the UK.

Due to the circumstances, I reluctantly agreed to accept his resignation - since it is his intention to visit her homeland for a period of at least 3 months ... and he, himself, considered it would be unfair to expect the firm to hold his job open throughout his prolonged absence.

Might I just add that, although I was saddened to lose the services of such a diligent and respected member of staff as Mr X, I fully understand his decision. I wish he and his wife every success for their future together, and have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending him to any subsequent employer on his return.

Yours faithfully,

*Goodluck to both of you!

Thank you Arthur, this gives me an idea although he is not working with this boss right now he is working on a different company at the moment the one who will give him a job is a previous employer, not the one he is working with at this time...

So he asked him that if it is ok to give him a job when he gets back... and his former boss agreed that when he gets back he will give him a job in his agency .....

so it is like The former boss says he will hire my husband like the job will be his when he gets back.....

maybe it is like a job offer letter... I read somwhere here but I don't remember which thread that someone included in their application a letter like that... a letter stating that he will have a job once he arrived in england something like this...... but can't find it i hope they can read this as well coz many suggestions would be really nice ... if it is not too much :P maybe arthur can make another of this letter a revised

Quote Originally Posted by brokenpieces View Post
    Thank you Arthur, this gives me an idea although he is not working with this boss right now he is working on a different company at the moment the one who will give him a job is a previous employer, not the one he is working with at this time...

So he asked him that if it is ok to give him a job when he gets back... and his former boss agreed that when he gets back he will give him a job in his agency .....

so it is like The former boss says he will hire my husband like the job will be his when he gets back.....
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenpieces View Post
    maybe it is like a job offer letter... I read somwhere here but I don't remember which thread that someone included in their application a letter like that... a letter stating that he will have a job once he arrived in england something like this...... but can't find it i hope they can read this as well coz many suggestions would be really nice ... if it is not too much :P maybe arthur can make another of this letter a revised
    Hmm ... ... looking at your husband's situation again, it has to be said that it's rather UNUSUAL nowadays for any employer to take a former member of staff back on its books if that person had previously left to join another company. That's not to say it doesn't happen ... but, as far as I'm given to understand (bearing in mind, I'm no lawyer) ... for the past two decades, employers in have been legally obliged - in the interests of so~called "equal opportunities" - to comply with a policy that decrees MOST job vacancies - even those in the private sector - be advertised ... a fact that, frankly, I'd be very surprised if civil servants [including Entry Clearance Officers] weren't already fully aware of.

Of course, it's possible your husband's former *boss COULD argue that being a personal friend - as well as his past employer - *he's familiar with his strengths and individual characteristics ... thus bypassing the need to interview him on his return.

So ... working on such an assumption, , I suggest the letter be re-worded as follows:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Mr [Your husband's Name & Address]

This is to certify that the above-named was formerly employed by our Agency. During his tenure of office, he and I worked closely together - as a result of which, we became personal friends.

Last year, he married a lady from the Philippines and is, understandably, keen to spend quality time there with his wife - who is about to apply for an EEA Permit to enable her to join her European husband in the UK. However, in order for this to be possible, he recently approached me to ascertain that a job offer will be available to him on his return.

Accordingly, he has my assurance that I shall be more than happy accommodate his request.

Yours faithfully,

Trusted Member
    I went back and forwards to one company (though I was self-employed status mostly) during the entire time I was visiting and living in the Phils...around 15 years in all.

The letter can be quite simple, stating the basic facts, but company letter-headed of course, and signed by a director or head of HR.

Here off the top of my head.....

'To whom it may concern.

From (date) Mr........ of (husband's address) will be employed by this company as a ............

The position is full-time, and is considered permanent. He will be paid a gross annual salary of..........

Kindly address any queries to the undersigned.

.........................'

Just to add my thoughts on this from personal experience.
    The job offer always needed to be genuine and would most likely be verified by UKBA, depending upon the belief of the ECO.

well how to verify if it is genuine? because his former boss well he owns the company he has two business lettings agency and removals type of company... and he was working to those both company before and

thanks by the way for those samples really thanks

Trusted Member
    You shouldn't have any problems then.

thanks... hmm wonder if they will call him or visit his office

Trusted Member
    They may write or phone to check, but if the job is genuine....no worries.

They're not MI6....just office clerks going through a check list.

LOL ok

thanks

Great letter Arthur..

ty to all but we seem to have a different problem now dunno if it is ok to post it here or make a new thread .......

I dunno who to ask I dunno if anyone from here can help or advice or really help

I hope that you guys will pass by this thread again.... I don't want to create another thread so I just wan to ask question here....

My husband has an EEA 1 that card he has but he did not put any address where he lives I wonder what address he should put coz once he will come over to phils he will leave that flat he is renting and will no longer be a resident in that flat so what address can he write because it should be UK address is it ok to put his latest address where he is staying now even if he is not gonna be staying there once he comes over? and the in case of emergency who should he put is it ok to put my name even if my address is in philippines ?

Trusted Member
    This is all getting far too complicated for me, and to be honest, probably for the authorities too.

Hi brokenpieces,

Please don't be offended by this post. I always try to help you in the best way possible.

I have explained the EEA Family Permit route for you many times, but you seem not to follow the links and information provided.

All the information you need has been given a number of times.

Please review this post:-

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....upporting-Docs

brokenpieces, in principle there is no need for the EEA national to already be in the UK, to have an NI number, to have money, to have suitable accommodation, to have been married for more than a day or to have the spouse pass any English Language test, or in fact to make any application fee for an EEA family permit.

Importantly there is no application fee for an EEA family permit.

Take special note that:-

unless you have any very special reasons why the above does not apply to you, then the EEA family permit route is an exceptionally easy and stress free route.

There are plenty of people who Wish it was the same for British Citizens living in UK!!!!

Good luck and please be sure that both you and you husband properly review the links provided.

Good luck

well my question about his EEA1 card is he did not fill up the address he just kept it so wondering if he will use it at the border and it is blank, so just asking for an advice what address should he put in there.. the address he was at when he applied for the EEA1 or the address he is at right now which is soon to be not his address anymore coz he is moving here for 3 months.... coz we can't just leave the EEA1 card blank can we?

Well and I am not offended maybe you just did not get my question that is ok....

coz am just asking..... about his EEA1 card which is blank of course aside from the print that was done by the Home Office. After he got it he just kept it. And since he has been in UK and haven't travelled here so he never used it now it just look so weird that his EEA1 card is blank though it says there to fill up the address and the in case of emergency and he never did that now I am confused what to put there because he is not on the same address when he applied for it and his address now will soon be not his address as he will move here for 3 months and who knows maybe more so I can't think of what to put in that address and is it okay to put your in case of emergency is in Philippines? just wondering...

Thread Information