Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite

Savings and Bank Statements.. DESPERATELY NEEDS ADVICE

I will start this thread with a cry for ...

I have been asking my fiance since last week about some transfers to his name which were not reflected on the other bank account. He said that was transferred to his savings account. He also told me to include in the Visa Application Form that he has 2,500 pounds in his savings account. Since, I am POOR and is IGNORANT about money matters, I did not understand what he meant by that. I kept on asking him if he could prove that he has that amount in documents since the documents he sent to me did not include something like statement of his savings... Would the ECO need a document supporting his claim?

I have been worried about financial matters since I have read most of the visas denied were because of financial discrepancies. I so wanted to be with him.

His other house is being rented by Calderade State for three years and he is given 400 pounds monthly. Do we need to provide the embassy a copy of the contract?

Will the deposits of his houses be considered savings too?

Please enlighten my darkened mind...

Jona

as long as you have at least followed the requirements paperwork 6 month bank statements showing he has enough monet to support you and him as well as your papers are all ok just put in a letter about savings but the more you can show as prove the better chance on getting visa i cant find list but others will reply with more info good luck

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    as long as you have at least followed the requirements paperwork 6 month bank statements showing he has enough monet to support you and him as well as your papers are all ok just put in a letter about savings but the more you can show as prove the better chance on getting visa i cant find list but others will reply with more info good luck
    I have his P60, wage slips, bank statements from the two bank accounts....
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    I will start this thread with a cry for ...

I have been asking my fiance since last week about some transfers to his name which were not reflected on the other bank account. He said that was transferred to his savings account. He also told me to include in the Visa Application Form that he has 2,500 pounds in his savings account. Since, I am POOR and is IGNORANT about money matters, I did not understand what he meant by that. I kept on asking him if he could prove that he has that amount in documents since the documents he sent to me did not include something like statement of his savings... Would the ECO need a document supporting his claim?

I have been worried about financial matters since I have read most of the visas denied were because of financial discrepancies. I so wanted to be with him.

His other house is being rented by Calderade State for three years and he is given 400 pounds monthly. Do we need to provide the embassy a copy of the contract?

Will the deposits of his houses be considered savings too?

Please enlighten my darkened mind...

Jona

Jona,

Try not to focus nor rely too much on savings. Yes savings are important, but not as important as have a regular income and a good cash flow.

Please take a look here at the UKBA Maintenance (funds) page

Basically, the UKBA will be looking at the amount of money left after any regular non-discretionary expenditure (such as rent or mortgage payments, council tax and secured loans etc) Everyone has have different non-discretionary expenditure.(eg payments of Child support would also be considered a key fixed/regular payment)

The application must be supported by evidence that proves the applicant will not require public funds. Generally this takes the form of the sponsor/applicant (or co-sponsor) providing:-
    Bank Statements covering at least 3 months (preferably 6 months)
    Salary slips for at least the previous 3 months.(preferably 6 months)
    The sponsor's (co-sponsor's) employment contract (if the sponsor is not independently wealthy). A letter from the employer will suffice.
    The sponsor's (co-sponsor's) most recent P60.
    If the sponsor (co-sponsor) is self-employed, owns his own company, or if the sponsor (co-sponsor) is unemployed, then the employment contract and P60
    can be substituted with certified copies of the previous 2 years' tax returns accompanied by a notarized version of his/her business accounts.
    If the sponsor (co-sponsor) is retired, then a statement from his pension scheme will do.

If there are disproportionate deposits and withdrawals in the bank statements, they must be explained in the sponsor's letter, in fact explain as much as you can about the transactions.

On the questions about what money can be counted for visa application, UKBA will only accept evidence that maintenance is available in the form of cash funds. Other accounts or financial instruments (such as shares, bonds and pension funds) are not acceptable, regardless of the notice period.

Sorry to say that finances tied up in houses will not be considered

Hope this help you

I have his P60, wage slips, bank statements from the two bank accounts....
    I guess you have all the requirements here now. Make sure they are the latest one and worry less. good luck in your application
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Jona,

Try not to focus nor rely too much on savings. Yes savings are important, but not as important as have a regular income and a good cash flow.

Please take a look here at the UKBA Maintenance (funds) page

Basically, the UKBA will be looking at the amount of money left after any regular non-discretionary expenditure (such as rent or mortgage payments, council tax and secured loans etc) Everyone has have different non-discretionary expenditure.(eg payments of Child support would also be considered a key fixed/regular payment)

The application must be supported by evidence that proves the applicant will not require public funds. Generally this takes the form of the sponsor/applicant (or co-sponsor) providing:-
    Bank Statements covering at least 3 months (preferably 6 months)
    Salary slips for at least the previous 3 months.(preferably 6 months)
    The sponsor's (co-sponsor's) employment contract (if the sponsor is not independently wealthy). A letter from the employer will suffice.
    The sponsor's (co-sponsor's) most recent P60.
    If the sponsor (co-sponsor) is self-employed, owns his own company, or if the sponsor (co-sponsor) is unemployed, then the employment contract and P60
    can be substituted with certified copies of the previous 2 years' tax returns accompanied by a notarized version of his/her business accounts.
    If the sponsor (co-sponsor) is retired, then a statement from his pension scheme will do.

If there are disproportionate deposits and withdrawals in the bank statements, they must be explained in the sponsor's letter, in fact explain as much as you can about the transactions.

On the questions about what money can be counted for visa application, UKBA will only accept evidence that maintenance is available in the form of cash funds. Other accounts or financial instruments (such as shares, bonds and pension funds) are not acceptable, regardless of the notice period.

Sorry to say that finances tied up in houses will not be considered

Hope this help you
    Thanks terpe... Your opinion helped a lot... I have been so demanding these past few days.. Hahaha! I even applied psyche war on my fiance... (told him, are you going the get a supporting document of your savings or I won't lodge my application... ....

He is working as a mental health nurse and earns 1800 basically but increases if he works late shift. He is not supporting anyone in the family... He was never married, and he has no kids.

As of the previous bank statement, he as 1300+ in one bank account and 300 on the other. Hence a total of almost 1700 pounds.. Will it be enough? His previous accounts were healthy, never overdrawn. He is paying 412 pounds on his mortgage.

Do you think this is enough?

Thanks in advance....

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedMe View Post
    I guess you have all the requirements here now. Make sure they are the latest one and worry less. good luck in your application
    Thanks confused me,

The bank statement I have at hand ended NOv. 7... Is it ok if it doesn't cover the whole November?

hi Jlags90

My hubbys last bankstatement OCT 4,,we submit the application OCT 20,,and got the visa Oct 24 ..

Goodluck,,I know you will soon,,

Quote Originally Posted by haileylovely View Post
    hi Jlags90

My hubbys last bankstatement OCT 4,,we submit the application OCT 20,,and got the visa Oct 24 ..

Goodluck,,I know you will soon,,
    I will lodge my application in Dec 5. The bank statement i have at hand was dated Nov. 7... His next bank statement will come by 7th of December so I can't have it... I hope those will be ok...

Banned
    I will lodge my application in Dec 5. The bank statement i have at hand was dated Nov. 7... His next bank statement will come by 7th of December so I can't have it... I hope those will be ok...
    That was exactly the same position as us and it worked okay (except it was august and not november). We didnt put a note in but a note might help. I was told you have about a month after your last bank statement until submission.

Thanks lastlid...

His bank statements are delivered to him every 7th of the month. I am lodging the application on the 5th so we cant have a copy of the nov bank statement...

Hi everyone here! I'm still waiting for the last bank statement of my fiance which he will just going to email it to me and I'll just going to print it. Is that okay? But his other bank statements ( july - Oct.) He sends it by fedex. I'll be lodging my requirements on Monday. Hopefully I will receive it sooner. Thanks guys

Trusted Member
    I'm surprised that some guys expect their fiancees to do all this themselves.

I went to Manila for a couple of weeks and sorted all this stuff out myself, including interview at the embassy.

Married the following week, and back in England with the ex the next.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I'm surprised that some guys expect their fiancees to do all this themselves.

I went to Manila for a couple of weeks and sorted all this stuff out myself, including interview at the embassy.

Married the following week, and back in England with the ex the next.
    Graham,

I feel it is really a great accomplishment to process the visa alone. (after getting all the stuff sorted out) It's INDEPENDENCE as I see it... I also feel that everything is in order once I do things myself, and once it fails, the blame is on me, not on somebody else.

I gathered all my documents alone, without the aid of a travel agency or someone (it's nice queuing...) I booked my own flight and hotel myself. and even gambled flying alone for the very first time! additional point to CONFIDENCE...hahaha!

Good for you because you have all the luxury of time to be in Philippines while the visa in on process...

Regards,
    JOna

Interesting Graham,
    I had to compile all the evidence and email to our consultant who did all the work, Rina did all the running around (as yiu know there is a fair bit of that) getting photos, statutory documents etc but I compiled all the evidence and on the last visit gave this all to them.

I think its good to see the Fiancees doing a lot of this - but from an investment point of view I had to see it through and make sure I crossed the T's and dotted the i's..

Tone

Trusted Member
    Graham,

I feel it is really a great accomplishment to process the visa alone. (after getting all the stuff sorted out) It's INDEPENDENCE as I see it... I also feel that everything is in order once I do things myself, and once it fails, the blame is on me, not on somebody else.

I gathered all my documents alone, without the aid of a travel agency or someone (it's nice queuing...) I booked my own flight and hotel myself. and even gambled flying alone for the very first time! additional point to CONFIDENCE...hahaha!

Good for you because you have all the luxury of time to be in Philippines while the visa in on process...

Regards,
    JOna
    Hmm.

Not a 'luxury' for me.

Sorry, but I considered that getting married to someone from another country at the other side of the world was quite an important event for my partner and I , so taking a couple of weeks off work and making a few sacrifices here and there was not at all unreasonable.

Naturally my g/f sorted out her own paperwork, and was always a clever and 'independent' lady (and single mother of 2 kids).

Anyway, to me the whole process is not something to be taken lightly, and I find it hardly surprising that some Brits find it a struggle getting through the visa process when they think they can do it all from 7,000 miles away by waving a magic wand or firing instructions off to their girl in the Phils, while sitting on their bar-stool back home in the local pub.

Full marks to you though for just getting on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Hmm.

, and I find it hardly surprising that some Brits find it a struggle getting through the visa process when they think they can do it all from 7,000 miles away by waving a magic wand or firing instructions off to their girl in the Phils, while sitting on their bar-stool back home in the local pub.

Full marks to you though for just getting on with it.
    Well, it was the opposite way for me and my fiance..I fired all instructions to him with the documents he needs to send to me (with specifications of how it will look like)... and i loved it when he runs after my deadlines..and when i turn down a document that does not follow my specifications... hahaha!

i wrote it in one of my accomplishments (become HIS boss for three months)...

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Interesting Graham,
    I had to compile all the evidence and email to our consultant who did all the work, Rina did all the running around (as yiu know there is a fair bit of that) getting photos, statutory documents etc but I compiled all the evidence and on the last visit gave this all to them.

I think its good to see the Fiancees doing a lot of this - but from an investment point of view I had to see it through and make sure I crossed the T's and dotted the i's..

Tone
    Good for Tone coz he could afford paying a consultant...

Thread Information