Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

If you through getting a British Visa was difficult? Filipina into Oman

So I've just finished submitting the paperwork for Marvie and the Kids to come out to Oman.
    To enable this to happen, they've had to go for GCC Medicals, the CFO Seminar (despite the fact the visa won't be issued in the Philippines but on arrival in Oman), and then the biggest hassle has been the certified marriage and birth certificates.

So first of all had to get official certificates from the NSO, then take them to Manila to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to have them 'Red Ribbon' certified.

Then Marvie had to send these documents with the passport photos to me here in Oman. I then had to take the certificates and get them re-certified at the Filipino Embassy, who made things very difficult and sent me away to make lots of photocopies (ended up with 72 sheets of paper), and fill in forms. Then after this i had to take the certificates to the Oman Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get another authentication.

So finally with all the documents prepared I submit them to my employer, who submits them to the police for the visa...

The British and US Visa process seems like a walk in the park now!

Trusted Member
    Cheeky buggers.

If it wasn't for the oil...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    So I've just finished submitting the paperwork for Marvie and the Kids to come out to Oman.
    To enable this to happen, they've had to go for GCC Medicals, the CFO Seminar (despite the fact the visa won't be issued in the Philippines but on arrival in Oman), and then the biggest hassle has been the certified marriage and birth certificates.

So first of all had to get official certificates from the NSO, then take them to Manila to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to have them 'Red Ribbon' certified.

Then Marvie had to send these documents with the passport photos to me here in Oman. I then had to take the certificates and get them re-certified at the Filipino Embassy, who made things very difficult and sent me away to make lots of photocopies (ended up with 72 sheets of paper), and fill in forms. Then after this i had to take the certificates to the Oman Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get another authentication.

So finally with all the documents prepared I submit them to my employer, who submits them to the police for the visa...

The British and US Visa process seems like a walk in the park now!
    ... O(h)man !

Thread Information