Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Death Certificate

Hi everyone! I would like to ask question in behalf of my friend. She was married with an American citizen before who died here in the Philippines. She got the death certificate from the NSO authenticated. Will she be able to use this and show to the UK embassy when applying for a spousal visa?will she not be required for more documents since his ex husband was an American?or the Death Certificate from the NSO itself is already ok?your reply is much appreciated.tnx

Respected Member
    I'm a little confused what an American Citizen has to do with the BRitish Embassy, I think you've missed a bit of the story? Is she now remarrying? If so then that should be sufficient evidence, however she can e-mail them to check on Cons.Manila@fco.gov.uk

oh I'm sorry...yes Ricky she's in relationship now with a British man and they are planning to get married, maybe apply for fiancee visa first then spousal but she wants everything prepared before applying. She wants to know if submitting a death certificate of the American citizen husband who died here in the Phils. would be enough or she needs other documents from US like Death Cert. registered or authenticated in the US?thanks for the reply RickyR.

Respected Member
    If he died in the Philippines and has a Philippine death certificate then that should be fine.

Thread Information