Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Quote Originally Posted by John_10 View Post
    Good evening everyone. This is Maricris I just wanna ask help or advice. Me and my husband John waiting for our Marriage Certificate from the NSO with a dry seal. Then once I receive our MC I will renew my passport from single to married. I cant wait to be with him again. I do apologized I have lots of question here:

1. How long it takes for renewal of the passport?
    2. Can anybody suggest or recommend regardless the A1 english language test school...a cheapest lol (accredited from the UKBA)?
    3. Do I need to study 1st or no need before I take the exam?

Thank you so much in advance any advice or help is much more appreciated.
    More power to all!!!

MaricrisJohn
    Personally I would not bother with passport renewal. It just takes extra time and money for no real benefit. You can easily renew the passport once you are in UK. There have been many stories here about long long delays and mistakes for passport renewal.
    Better to use you time and money for English Test.

Here is the latest UKBA list of APPROVED TESTS and PROVIDERS. You must use one of these listed:-
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...lish-tests.pdf

Do remember that UKBA currently only requires a very basic level (A1) for Speaking and Listening. There is no reading or writing or grammar testing at all.

All of the various English tests are quite expensive. In the region of about P7000 - P8500

You really need to find a test centre that offers an appropriate test at reasonable cost, close to where you live. Many of these test centres also arrange review classes for those whose self-confidence needs a boost.

Hope this helps

Banned
    Just be wary of dubious operations like this Theodilite outfit

http://filipinaroses.com/sh...ht=#post275450

http://filipinaroses.com/sh...ht=#post276313

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Just be wary of dubious operations like this Theodilite outfit

http://filipinaroses.com/sh...ht=#post275450

http://filipinaroses.com/sh...ht=#post276313
    That outfit is no longer on the listing, nor is EDI their provider

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    That outfit is no longer on the listing, nor is EDI their provider
    Correct but it pays to be wary and thoroughly check out who is behind the operation as these sort of leeches often reappear under a new guise

Check the UKBA link in my post #2

Hi Maricris!
    I am Nivea I am a Filipina happily married to Bruce he is British.
    We are going to apply for a spouse visa too!
    And completing requirements including the English exam.
    I believe that letter is genuine because I have just registered my exam with IELTS last week.
    I paid the same amount 8,640 php for my General English exam but I also bought cd rom for revision it cost 360 php.(its up to u if u want to get a revision material.. though I can say it is helpful ) I have paid and registered at British Council Ortigas by cash..
    OR like the email u got there.., its true--u can pay at BDo (but friend, make sure u got the right account number though! hihihi) then send your application form, picture, photocopy of your valid id and the BDO receipt via DHL which is for free.
    My examination will be on the 25th of August they have not posted my venue on the site yet. (gosh I am nervous about this really!!)
    Remember to register 2 weeks before the exam date u wish and when u have already registered,they will give u a confirmation letter including the venue or if they have not given u a venue yet then u can check it on British Council site.. I hope my reply is helpful friend!!
    Goodluck to all of us!! Oh,happy birthday to your hubby may God Bless u both!

Hi MAricris its me again Nivea!
    you should take the general exam its for us beautiful filipina spouses haha ! .. academic is for those who are applying for working visa in english speaking countries or for those who applying for student visa studying college etc..they should take academic and they need 8 to 9 score band!!!

i got my cd rom directly from british council office when i was there to register my general exam.. just read this site----http://www.britishcouncil.org/philippines-common-take-an-exam-ielts-test-takers-review-materials.htm

choose the cheapest--360 "road to ielts exam cd rom" --in general training version, we dont need much revision we just need a1 level for our spouse visas ! and u can also try searching on google for FREE revision of ielts general exam etc......
    Anyway, this is a sample of road to ielts cd rom i got but its incomplete(just so u can have an idea whats inside the cd) --http://www.clarityenglish.com/program/roadtoielts_demo.htm

i am nervous my examination date is getting near!! but we will be okay!!! goodluck to all of us!!!!!

nivea & bruce

thank you !! you are welcome maricris and john

nivea&bruce

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    hello!

i just want to ask a question,is that english test need to take before applying for spouse visa or can do after???

many thanks

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamhae04 View Post
    hello!

i just want to ask a question,is that english test need to take before applying for spouse visa or can do after???

many thanks
    It is a requirement before you can submit your application for a visa.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

hello Maricris,

I will be taking my A1 english exam on the 10th of September 2011. and as what I've read here that the Theodolite English Center is not anymore listed as an approve english center in UKBA.. I am so worried coz i payed with them already.. and it's pretty expensive :( wahhhh I will be taking in Cebu.

Respected Member

new info

the info for this is pretty old now
    can any one who has done the test in the philippines help with where they done it
    who they contacted
    exactly wht test needs to be taken for spouse /fiancee visa
    its so vague
    can we get any reading tutorials etc in phills to help
    any ideas what the exam consists of
    the sort of questions you have to answer give etc
    really any help would be really appriciated been looking web sitse but cant find any thing 100% concrete
    any web sites explaing
    giving advice etc
    well bascially anything
    we going phone tomorrow to try to get info but all they done so far is re-direct to their web sites even already told them it tell you the exam u need nothing more nothing less
    we need to know how u get papers to revise learn
    any coarses here in phills
    all help we need#
    all useful information

Hi everyone my wife rotsen is taking a 5 day review course in Cebu for her English a1 test that she will sit on the weekend I asked her to ask the people at theolite training centre after she has done the test how long until she will no if she has passed and they told her 5 to 8 weeks this is a massive worry for us as we need this fast so we can make her uk spouse visa application

I've seen the Home Office site list. The announcement of this changes is Occt 04, 2011. I applied for FLR M visa Oct 1... My English exam certificate was issued by EDI. Is it still valid?
    Check the UKBA link in my post #2
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedMe View Post
    I've seen the Home Office site list. The announcement of this changes is Occt 04, 2011. I applied for FLR M visa Oct 1... My English exam certificate was issued by EDI. Is it still valid?
    The requirement for English Language Test is in accordance with the LATEST UKBA approved listing which is here:-
    This listing is valid for all test taken and submitted after July 17 2001

EDI does not appear on the latest UKBA listing.

I'm not aware of any UKBA announcement dated October 4 for English language.

Better to be prepared to re-take an English Test here in UK and according to the UKBA approved listing.
    Very sorry to say but it happened already that FLR refusals have been made for non-compliance of Test Provider/Certificate.

This is really sad... I wish they would consider my application though... They sent me the confirmation letter that they received the application and sent another letter telling me to take my Biometrics...
    The requirement for English Language Test is in accordance with the LATEST UKBA approved listing which is here:-
    This listing is valid for all test taken and submitted after July 17 2001

EDI does not appear on the latest UKBA listing.

I'm not aware of any UKBA announcement dated October 4 for English language.

Better to be prepared to re-take an English Test here in UK and according to the UKBA approved listing.
    Very sorry to say but it happened already that FLR refusals have been made for non-compliance of Test Provider/Certificate.
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Hi Terpe.. This is the link where they posted the changes of list in approved english language tests... They dated it October 04, 2011

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...glish-language
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

This is really sad... I wish they would consider my application though... They sent me the confirmation letter that they received the application and sent another letter telling me to take my Biometrics...
    - When did you take your English test?
    - Who was the Test Centre?
    - Who awarded the certificate?

- When did you take your English test?
    - Who was the Test Centre?
    - Who awarded the certificate?
    - Took it Last January 2011...
    - Took it in Theodolite...
    - The certificate I received is EDI approved

I used the same certificate when I applied for my fiancee visa last May2011...
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

- Took it Last January 2011...
    - Took it in Theodolite...
    - The certificate I received is EDI approved

I used the same certificate when I applied for my fiancee visa last May2011...
    To be totally honest this whole English test situation is a real mess from start to finish.

I really hope that all will go well for you and that you will not have any problems.

I just wanted to prepare you for a possible issue regarding the validity of the English test certificate.
    The new listing was issued to be in force from 18 July 2011. All applications for entry clearance prior to then would be accepted. Thereafter, the Certificates must be from the NEW approved listing.

As I said before there was a case recently on this forum when the FLR was refused due to the validity of the English Language Cert.

You can read the thread here:-
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ht=#post313218

I do hope you'll be OK, but I would suggest you need to be prepared just in case.

Banned
    To be totally honest this whole English test situation is a real mess from start to finish.
    I said similar in a posting yesterday. It is a complete farce.

Banned
    The problem I came up against was there was more than one current and approved list kicking about. Possibly there still is. What was on the respective UKBA and VFS websites didnt match one another or what was being said on the phone etc etc . I must have made about 40 phone calls to the embassy, VFS, Pearsons, Hopkins, and several other course providers both here and in the UK before I managed to get some sense out of somebody. And what made it doubly difficult was the different test titles and variances.

I do hope things go well.. Spent all the time and savings for this application. My visa will expire 4th week of November. Not heard anything from them yet...
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

I do hope things go well.. Spent all the time and savings for this application. My visa will expire 4th week of November. Not heard anything from them yet...
    We've all got our fingers crossed for you.
    Stay positive if you can.
    I really do feel your aprehension.

Thread Information