Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Advice needed on criminal record - again

Having posted here a few months ago, I have an alternate situation which I could do with advice on. In order to work around the issue of my current record, my gf is looking at getting a holiday visa to Switzerland (to visit her aunt and cousin who both live there), so that I can travel there and meet her. That way we can get the photos we need as proof of having met, to back up all our on-line chats, Skype and mobile calls etc. Then the next step will be for me to actually get a job so I can support us both. I know - a load of obstacles, but we both want to get past them all.

Anyway, now to the question(s);-
    1) Will my record stop her from being able to get a visa? I can't see any reason why it should, but I would rather check. If you can't give me a definitive answer, then could you tell me where is the best place to contact to ask this question.
    2) Does anyone know of a good immigration lawyer who takes on legal aid work and would be able to advise me on this sort of stuff?

Thanks in advance for your help guys and gals.

SimonTS

1. It's your g/f who is applying for a visa to visit her family. You have no input or
    impact on HER application whatsoever. Period.

2. For any future visa applications you are considering together, and as a first step look here:-
    http://oisc.homeoffice.gov.uk
    Maybe even a free consultation would be helpful, or a simple 1 hour paid session.

May I suggest you review the UKBA website to gain a better background understanding of the whole UK visa possibilities.

Good luck

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Thanks for that Terpe,

I am aware that I will have no bearing on her visa application to visit her family in Switzerland. I was wondering about when she comes to apply for a fiancee visa to the UK. I have looked at the UKBA site and can find no reference to anything from the sponsor side other than the normal - financial, records of contact, photos together, accommodation etc, but want to be certain.
    Thanks also for the link to the OISC - I will have a look there and try to find an adviser.

Thanks again.

Thread Information