Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Dentistry work

Dentistry work

Hi guys............me and my wife are scouring the web looking for a job for her.
    Shes a qualified dentist of many yrs , but as we know that doesnt count for anything in the UK.
    However her qualifications will allow her to work as an assistant and maybe a hygienist.......so if anyone knows of anything in Middlesex hertforshire bedfordshire or can give any advice we'dbe grateful
    Cheers

i think its best to get her qualifications checked here and update her CV http://www.naric.org.uk/

then start applying directly to the dentist
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

There is one pinoy dentist I know working in Hounslow,his names Rod,dont know how he got the job but I think he came here as a student originally?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

could be tawi2, would be expensive thou if he was studying dentistry here as a International student.

laurel sounds like its a similar process my misses had to go thru

http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/explore...ssionals.shtml

my misses managed to get a job working part time while she prepared for exams at the local hospital extracting blood from people and stayed there for 4yrs until she had passed all the UK exams, IELTS and was registered to work as a doc..

so dont let the misses give up, it could be a long and bumpy road but she will get there in the end
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    There is one pinoy dentist I know working in Hounslow,his names Rod,dont know how he got the job but I think he came here as a student originally?
    Hey there, can you please tell me the name of his clinic and where in Hounslow? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by laurel View Post
    Hi guys............me and my wife are scouring the web looking for a job for her.
    Shes a qualified dentist of many yrs , but as we know that doesnt count for anything in the UK.
    However her qualifications will allow her to work as an assistant and maybe a hygienist.......so if anyone knows of anything in Middlesex hertforshire bedfordshire or can give any advice we'dbe grateful
    Cheers
    Hi, your wife can take the overseas registration exam (ORE). It is a two part exam which tests the clinical skills and knowledge of dentists who are not eligible for registration or assessment. Applicants are able to apply for full registration once they have passed ORE.
    Temporary registration allows dentists who are not eligible for registration or assessment to practise dentistry in supervised posts for training, teaching or research purposes, for a limited time.

I got this information from the General Dental Council which regulates dentists in the UK.

she may wish to complete the Route To Registration Questionnaire to make her informed of the ways to get her qualifications recognised in the UK. For further information, she should contact GDC directly on this page: http://www.gdc-uk.org/Contactus/Pages/Contact-Us.aspx Good luck!

Newbie (Restricted Access) Alastair's Avatar
    Nice useful thread for those who want to apply for a job in Uk,.
    Keep sharing such a helpful threads,

Thread Information