Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

human rights act

it's time it should be renamed to the criminals rights act

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/ne...l/article.html

A LANDMARK legal ruling which has let a Clifton burglar leave prison to look after his children will lead to more criminals trying to get out of jail, it has been claimed.

no doubt he's a good example of a law biding citizen, someone his 5 kids can look up to and hopefully social services will be looking into

YOU HAVE FEWER RIGHTS THAN FOREIGN CRIMINALS

DID you know that it is easier to forcibly extradite a British citizen to a European country that wishes to prosecute him than it is to deport a foreign criminal back to his country of origin?

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/249234
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

... and they say "crime doesn't pay"!!!

I read about this in the newspaper (can't remember which one, but it was front page)

I am still in shock.
    I am not any kind of extremist at all, but this has now gotten me fuming.

It just cannot have happened as reported.......can it?

The piece I read indicated that the appeal court judge stated that the human rights of the family and children are more important than the victims of the crime or the justice system requirements.

What on earth is going on here?

the judges have gone terpe.
    a full-time father because the mother can't look after them because she is working

his excuse it's difficult being a single parent, well i'm sure he's getting tax creds, housing benefit and maybe even the mother pays something as she's too busy working , 5 kids thats a lot of tax creds and child benefit !

At the Court of Appeal, Mr Justice Maddison said: "It is important that criminals should not think that children can provide some sort of licence to commit criminal offences with impunity.

"All of that said, however, we have to be aware of the highly unsatisfactory and difficult situation faced by the children and those now doing their best to look after them."

He has now been given eight months in prison, suspended for two years, plus 12 months supervision from the Probation Service and a three-month curfew.

A spokesman for campaigning human rights group Justice said: "The courts have to balance the seriousness of an offence with the rights of innocent children who may end up in care or in poverty because of a parent's imprisonment."

maybe the courts should consider the victims, and most of the time they are innocent victims..

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

joebloggs,
    We know that this is not right and not correct. I'm really ............................................

Thread Information