Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tramp Stamps

Banned

Tramp Stamps

It seems Miley Cyrus' love of tattoos runs in the family.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1MDciUmMS

I've never heard of her but Cheryl Cole, Amy Winehouse and Bob Geldofs daughter will be envious of these slag tags

Respected Member
    Can't say I'm a fan of them myself either, but some are and it's up to them I suppose. They don't look too bad on some men, but I'm not a fan of them on women.

I went to the local supermarket during the recent heatwave and couldn't believe how many grotesquely overweight young women are tattooed these days - not very attractive

I recently saw a photo of my ex Filipina g/f, and she has had a particularly nasty looking tattoo done on the side of her neck, around her ear and all down her neck and shoulder - well rid of her

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    Can't say I'm a fan of them myself either, but some are and it's up to them I suppose. They don't look too bad on some men, but I'm not a fan of them on women.

I went to the local supermarket during the recent heatwave and couldn't believe how many grotesquely overweight young women are tattooed these days - not very attractive

I recently saw a photo of my ex Filipina g/f, and she has had a particularly nasty looking tattoo done on the side of her neck, around her ear and all down her neck and shoulder - well rid of her
    I agree the hot weather brings out the bellies and tats.

They're vulgar on both sexes. I'm amused at the so called "tribal" ones - I can't understand what empathy a hooded British yob might have with someone from the Brazilian Rainforest. I also wonder if the ones in Hindi (Beckham etc) or Oriental characters are actually obscenities in those languages

At what age will these morons start to regret it ?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I also wonder if the ones in Hindi (Beckham etc) or Oriental characters are actually obscenities in those languages
    I'm sure there are many instances where the owner of said oriental tattoo actually has 'Chicken Chowmein and Egg Fried Rice' inked on his arm thinking it says 'Peace or Love or whatever...'

I say I find this post rather offensive as my Wife has a small butterfly tattoo.

Why would you call someone with this body art a "tramp"?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbo View Post
    I say I find this post rather offensive as my Wife has a small butterfly tattoo.

Why would you call someone with this body art a "tramp"?
    Art for arts sake. I suppose I can't see much wrong in a small and discrete tat which is a world away from these "designs" that cover acres of flesh.

If you tire of a painting it is easy to take it off the wall.

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    At what age will these morons start to regret it ?
    As one of those morons who have tattoos (3) I will never regret it. I thought long and hard (12-18 months) before getting each one of mine. None are visible due to the company I worked for at the time frowning on them for officers if they where on show. Each one has a specific meaning to me and me only. And yes I have a chinese one as well which I've has translated several times by independent sources and is correct.

It is everybodies right to express themselves. The picture of tattoos you've posted would in all likelyhood be covered up for 95% of the time so there is no really "problem" is there.

As I was told don't get tattoed where it'll sag later in life because god knows what you'll end up with!
    It's been emontional

Funnily enough, Ian ... back in late 1997/early '98, I dated a woman who happened to sport a tattoo - which I wasn't aware of until some time into the relationship - and I remember its discovery somehow worried me, tbh, since I was 53 years old ... and she, 41. Without going into detail - my misgivings turned out to be not entirely unfounded.

Tramp-stamps are becoming commonplace amongst younger generation pinays.Visit places like Boracay and keep your eyes peeled.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KDL5W9Vr7M

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Tramp-stamps are becoming commonplace amongst younger generation pinays.Visit places like Boracay and keep your eyes peeled.
    Scarred for life - not too many years ago it was mainly sailors who got tatted up

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    The beachfronts at Boracay and Puerto Galera are full of henna and real tattoo stalls. Many Pinoys are heavily tattooed.
    Some of them look OK. I don't mind the intricate arty ones, but I can't see the point of just having a name scrawled on your arm or back. I wouldn't have one myself, but it's individual choice, and if someone has given it proper consideration rather than it being a drunken mistake, fair enough

A mate of mine has them all down both arms and on both hands, he likes the ones on his arms but really regrets the ones on his hands as he can't cover them up.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Funnily enough, Ian ... back in late 1997/early '98, I dated a woman who happened to sport a tattoo - which I wasn't aware of until some time into the relationship - and I remember its discovery somehow worried me, tbh, since I was 53 years old ... and she, 41. Without going into detail - my misgivings turned out to be not entirely unfounded.
    You mean you didn't find out on the first date

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I would never have tattoos but I always do get a henna tattoo everytime I go to the beach coz it'll just last for 2 weeks the most...If these women want real tattoos on their body, it's their choice and no one should criticize them just because of that..it's probably meaningful or fashion statement for them..whatever reason they have, none should judge their personality and call them awful names...it's not like they've committed a crime by getting tattoos right??? Instead of getting yourself into such news and judging people without personally knowing them, why not take a look at yourself first and fix whatever wrong doings you do in your day to day life to improve yourself.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    It surprises me how many usually sensible people run the risk of disfigurement by allowing unregulated itinerant beach traders to "henna tattoo" them

Scarred for life by henna tattoo

This is the horrific damage done to a ten-year-old's arm after a holiday henna tattoo went disastrously wrong.

The scarring in the pattern of the tattoo's design may be permanent, doctors have warned.

Charlie Wallace had the tattoo done on the last day of his holiday in Marmaris, Turkey, with parents Pauline and Steve Wallace.

'I had my doubts about it but he was really insistent. I asked holidaymakers and the reps at the complex, and they said it was fine, there was no problem,' said Mrs Wallace, 36. 'He had one and it was fine.

'When the last day was coming, he wanted a new one to show his friends. We went back and it was a different lady. A few hours after it was done, it started swelling up.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/211260-s...y-henna-tattoo

Each to their own but in the UK no doubt this self harm is treated at taxpayers expense by the NHS

having a name scrawled on your arm
    I used to knock about in Ermita quite a lot in the early 1990's,I was based in Honkers so Manila was a cheap weekend away,once the american bases closed down in 92 quite a number of working girls drifted down to Manila to work,it wasnt unusual to see numbers of them wandering around Ermita and Del Pilar,they often had western names on their arms,one told me long-term boyfriends around the yank bases would have their names tattooed on their "steady" girlfriends,sort of branding their property,that was also the first time I ever heard the term LBFM

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    it's not the kid's fault...it's the lady tattoo artist who caused that...i'm sure no one, especially the kid wanted that to happen...with what you said, would that mean unexpected instances like this takes advantage of the right the people there in having free NHS and abuses the taxpayers money? if that's the case, all you guys do the same thing too..

Each to their own but in the UK no doubt this self harm is treated at taxpayers expense by the NHS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    it's not the kid's fault...it's the lady tattoo artist who caused that...i'm sure no one, especially the kid wanted that to happen...with what you said, would that mean unexpected instances like this gets advantage of the right the people there in having free NHS and abuses the taxpayers money? if that's the case, all you guys do the same thing too..
    It is actually the fault of the irresponsible parents allowing the child to be tatted by an unlicenced/unhygienic beach trader.

"I had my doubts about it but he was really insistent. I asked holidaymakers and the reps at the complex, and they said it was fine, there was no problem,' said Mrs Wallace, 36. 'He had one and it was fine."

As regards UK taxpayer funded healthcare in instances like this I'd like to see the NHS insisting the costs were covered by travel insurance - as it would be if the dodgy tat had been done on the first day of the holiday rather than the last. If you are overseas unless medical care is covered by insurance make sure you have a fat wallet

im sure dedworth will be wasting the tax payers money at some point in his life
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

It surprises me how many usually sensible people run the risk of disfigurement by allowing unregulated itinerant beach traders to "henna tattoo" them

Scarred for life by henna tattoo

This is the horrific damage done to a ten-year-old's arm after a holiday henna tattoo went disastrously wrong.

The scarring in the pattern of the tattoo's design may be permanent, doctors have warned.

Charlie Wallace had the tattoo done on the last day of his holiday in Marmaris, Turkey, with parents Pauline and Steve Wallace.

'I had my doubts about it but he was really insistent. I asked holidaymakers and the reps at the complex, and they said it was fine, there was no problem,' said Mrs Wallace, 36. 'He had one and it was fine.

'When the last day was coming, he wanted a new one to show his friends. We went back and it was a different lady. A few hours after it was done, it started swelling up.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/211260-s...y-henna-tattoo

Calling this self harm is a little harsh isn't it. The lad was ten and just unlucky for goodness sake. He didn't sit there a burn it into his own arm did he. I'm not supporting unlicenced tattoo palours or anything but the lad was on holiday and got a henna done just like thousand of other people.
    It's been emontional

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    im sure dedworth will be wasting the tax payers money at some point in his life
    If you read carefully I never actually said wasting or abusing but "taxpayers expense".

The NHS is wonderful when it comes to accident or emergency treatment (other than on a Saturday night when the units are jammed with comatose beered up binge drinkers) but in this instance I feel the slack parents should at least bare some of the costs. Thats my point

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I would never have tattoos but I always do get a henna tattoo everytime I go to the beach coz it'll just last for 2 weeks the most...If these women want real tattoos on their body, it's their choice and no one should criticize them just because of that..it's probably meaningful or fashion statement for them..whatever reason they have, none should judge their personality and call them awful names...it's not like they've committed a crime by getting tattoos right??? Instead of getting yourself into such news and judging people without personally knowing them, why not take a look at yourself first and fix whatever wrong doings you do in your day to day life to improve yourself.
    Fully agree
    It's been emontional

i dont like tattoos or body piecing, maybe it was the big burly sailor that winked at me once...that put me off.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Respected Member
    some interesting examples of body art taken a bit too far
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (14.8 KB, 1 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (16.0 KB, 1 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (9.2 KB, 3 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (16.9 KB, 1 views)

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    i dont like tattoos or body piecing, maybe it was the big burly sailor that winked at me once...that put me off.
    I'm sorry I didn't recognise you. didn't know you frequented the same bars as me!
    It's been emontional

some interesting examples of body art taken a bit too far
    Agreed that is a bit far for my tastes but at the end of the day its up to them what they do with their bodies isn't it.
    It's been emontional

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Agreed that is a bit far for my tastes but at the end of the day its up to them what they do with their bodies isn't it.
    Agreed Although, they aren't my thing, some of my most interesting friends have been very heavily tattooed

Tattoos don't harm anyone and within reason don't offend anyone (unless you've got obsenities scrawled across your forehead) and to call these people which obviously includes me with my tattoos, morons is narrow minded and insulting. Within reason they are sometimes a fashion item be it a permenant one but as long as its thought there is no problem.
    It's been emontional

Banned
    Call me narrow minded and insulting if you like, water off a ducks back to me. I think to permanently deface your body is moronic just as I was a moron when I smoked cigarettes. For the record I also believe body piercing to be stupid and hazardous

I'm done with this thread
    It's been emontional

Trusted Member
    Miley Cyrus may be a flawed role model for countless teenagers (first as an actress in Disney Channel sitcom "Hannah Montana", now a pop singer), with a famous Dad ( Billy Ray Cyrus is a country music singer ), but she's smart enough to be worth around $ 50 million.
    Tattoos have been around in many cultures for thousands of years ( the Spaniards called Visayans "Pintados" / Painted Ones ). There are no official statistics but it's estimated over 1/5 British adults have them, and around a quarter of those later want them removing.
    Modern tattoo pigment is usually carbon-based. It's inserted into the skin with one or more needles, often using an electrical machine. The needles should be "single-use", the equipment and the skin to be tattooed must be sterilised, and strict hygiene is needed. Possible risks are:-
    * allergic reaction
    * infection - local
    - hepatitis B / C (hence blood donation not allowed for a year afterwards )
    * scarring - local "bumps" (granulomas)
    - excessive (keloid)
    local swelling / inflammation if MRI ( magnetic resonance imaging) scan required, as some pigments contain trace elements like iron oxide.
    Tattoo pigment remains in the skin and doesn't enter the blood stream. It does not cause cancer ( although it may "mask" a pre-existing cancer like a mole ).
    Tattoos can be removed surgically ( with / without grafting ), dermabrasion ( "sandpapering" the skin), or laser, not always with good cosmetic results.
    It's not known how much the NHS spends on tattoo removal, essentially a cosmetic treatment in most cases. One estimate is 40 million GBP. Primary Care Trust policy is inconsistent on this. However, benefits claimants
    may "in exceptional circumstances" use taxpayers' money to pay for tattoo removal if it is "preventing a jobseeker taking up employment" ( www.telegraph.co.uk/news ; search "tattoos", May 9).
    Henna tattoos are non-permanent dying or staining of the skin surface, using a paste derived from a plant (Lawsonia Inermis). They are safe, fading in 2-3 weeks, and may only cause an allergic reaction. "Black Henna", which caused the scarring in the 10 year old boy, is a chemical which should not be used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information