Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) oscard87's Avatar

Help me figure this one out

Hi everyone

im filipino but im a british citizen and im joining the british army soon and im planning to have my girlfriend (from philippines) with me here in the UK after i finish my basic training. and i was thinking applying her for a tourist visa first and then get her to stay with me for 2 months tour her around get her accustomed to the new place and then maybe later getting another visa? we dont have plans to get married yet we're still both young at 23 but i want her with me in the UK... any advice are welcome

Hi there oscard, welcome to the forum.

From what you've said tourist visa is the only way.
    Be sure that between you you will be able to show sufficient funding for the whole duration of the trip.
    Also it's very important that your g/f is able to show strong ties to her homeland and good reasons to return home.
    The ECO will naturally be suspicious that there is a romantic connection and that your g/f has no intention to return.
    Sorry for such tough words, but your priority is to prepare you application as well as you can for this. Just be honest don't try to fool immigration.

Good luck

Thread Information