Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

please help me need a divorce

Hi I don;t have much money and can't afford a solicitor right now but really really need a divorce. I was married in 1998 when I was only 16 years old and then my husband was deported. He never contacted me after and I struggled for a long time trying to track him down. If I remember right he was deported to Germany the last country he came from before coming to England. I just need to move on with my life and its been 13 years. Me and my partner want to be able to marry but can't with out getting this all sorted out first. Is there anyway I could go for a divorce on the grounds of abandonment ? I really want to get married to my partner next year. please help me is there a less expensive way to get divorced with out the £1000-£2000 costs of having to try and track him down via a solicitor

You don't need a solicitor. Just go to your local court and ask for the leaflets on divorce. DIY will cost you about £350. In your case as you've been seperated more than 5 years you will not need his signature either. The whole process will take about 3 months. Good luck.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    You don't need a solicitor. Just go to your local court and ask for the leaflets on divorce. DIY will cost you about £350. In your case as you've been seperated more than 5 years you will not need his signature either. The whole process will take about 3 months. Good luck.
    hi keith is 100% right,,,this is the way i did my divorce ,,rathering than paying 2/3000 pounds for a solicitor,,,,,,,,,,, don't forget you do not pay all the money out at once to the court you will pay x amount of pounds first then you will pay the last x amount of pounds when you go to collect your absolute decree,,,,and as you have been apart 13 years he does not need to sign any documents under the 5 year living apart rule ,,you will have to tell the court you have had no contact with your ex for 13 years and also he was deported ,,,because by the law the court has to inform the other party they are being divorce ,,,i had to do this but i found my ex wifes friend after 8 years living apart from her,,,and she passed on the papers i got my divorce within 2 months as i showed the court everything they asked for and showed them my new wedding date ,,,airline tickets,,,reception bills,,,i was suppose to wait 6 weeks and one day for my absolute decree and the court gave it to me in one week,,,,,,,,but go to the court get your own papers fill them in and do the procedure yourself ,,,its easy ,,,regards john and karen
    Last edited by keeperlit; 2nd May 2011 at 10:19. Reason: spelling was terrible lol
    live and let live

Yep. No problems. Very easy

Thread Information