Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Advice needed concerning UK criminal record

I hope that you may be able to help me with this, or point me somewhere I can find the answer. I have looked on the 'Philippine Embassy London' website and cannot find the information I am looking for. I have done various Google searches, but still can find nothing in black and white. I have e-mailed the Embassy directly, in the hope that they may be able to help, but thought you might have some experience that could guide me.

I have a criminal record in this country (United Kingdom), which means that I am on the 'Sex Offenders Register'. Although I didn't commit this offence, and still have an active appeal, I am not hopeful of my record being cleared, so have to work on the basis that it won't be. I wish to know how that affects me in terms of traveling to the Philippines.

I have met a wonderful Filipina woman on-line, we both want to meet so that we can see if the relationship has a chance of developing further. For that reason, I need to know for certain what effect my record will have, initially on my traveling to the Philippines to meet her, and then in the future, the possibility of us both re-locating to the Philippines to live and raise a family together.

I am aware that if I wish to travel to the Philippines (or anywhere outside the UK) I have to notify the Police here of my travel plans. They are then likely to inform the authorities in whichever country I am travelling to. I guess I really need to know what the likely response of the Philippine authorites will be and whether they will allow me into the country to meet her.

If my record means that I am unable to travel there, then I would rather know as soon as I can, so that I can avoid causing her any more pain at a later date.

I hope that this makes sense and that you are able to help me with this information.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Simon

Trusted Member
    ..But you didn't do it.

Best wait until you've cleared your name, then no problems eh ?

hi simon,,,,,i would agree with graham i would wait until i cleared my name,,,,then as graham says you will have no problems,,,
    live and let live

Banned
    Guilty until proven innocent I reckon. Be honest with the girl and work on your appeal

Clear your name and get yourself removed from the 'Sex Offenders Register'.

Unless you can achieve this you can neither obtain a visa, nor legally enter the Philippines. Period

Phill immgration seems to be getting tighter with far more checks on regular passagners so as Terpes says I doubt u get clearance with your current situation.Phill as big issues with people from abroad and sex crimes so I would think they would have zero tolerance on those on registers. Hope you get the Justice you deserve soon good luck

Thread Information