Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila

Possible adoption questions

Morning all

Not sure if i've posted this in the right section but hopefully I have. This is basically a queiry about the possibility in the future of my wife and me adopting one of her nieces as yet unborn kids.

Sounds strange?? Maybe but let me explain. due to reasons that i'm not going to go into the methods of my wife and me having a family are now very limited and as time is marching on i am now looking at other avenues to explore. My latest "idea" is if one of her nieces becomes preggers we can offer finacial support until the kid is born. At the birth I would then try to get the wifes and my name on the birth cert instead of the birth parents. My figuring is that a few quid here and there would help this along. We would then possibly want to return to the uk after a while with sprog in tow.

I'm not even sure if this is possible but a few questions do arise from it.

Guarantee that the birth parents would give up the kid - write up a contract maybe.

Would the doctors etc put our names on the birth cert? - Splash a few quid might help this.

Getting the kid back to the UK - don't know what this involves

Possible action from real parents to get their kid back - have it detailed to forbid this written into the contract.

My thinking about this is at least we'd be helping part of the wifes family out and would also be giving the kid a better start in life by being with us.

So what do you lot think?
    It's been emontional

You could quiet legaly adopt in the Phils just need to go through the red tape
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Thought about that Keith but we'd like to at least have one of our blood line in the kid if we can help it. i believe the adoption process to very long winded out there which is why I was thinking along the line of my original post.
    It's been emontional

I meant from your nieces the problem with the other is not really for a public forum
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Crossed wires there Keith (I'd never discuss the other on a forum) I thought you meant just try to adopt a kid from a foster home / orphanage, sorry. So is it possible for her niece to put their kid up for adoption straight to us/ wonder how involved that would be?
    It's been emontional

It happens very often in families in the Phils abeit without formal adoption so I guess thats what I would explre first
    Absit invidia

Yes it happens quite easily if both parties are happy - I think the baranguay captain can help...... Especially if it's with the family.....

But as you rightly put in your post - be careful of possible further "payments in kind" if you know what I mean.....

Thread Information