Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Member
    (philphil69)

Though to a certain extent I can sympathise with you (change in financial status), your actions seem to me to have been pretty irresponsible.

I particularly have issues with people who bring children into the world without being able to provide them with a secure and happy home, and preferably two parents, married to each other.

It's not as if you're a daft teenager.

Does your child have a British passport ?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    (philphil69)

Though to a certain extent I can sympathise with you (change in financial status), your actions seem to me to have been pretty irresponsible.

I particularly have issues with people who bring children into the world without being able to provide them with a secure and happy home, and preferably two parents, married to each other.

It's not as if you're a daft teenager.

Does your child have a British passport ?
    Irresponsible actions? dont judge before you ask please

I wanted to bring him back here to UK but the ex gf would not sign the official documentation to allow him to travel out of the Philippines.....

If she had signed the form I would have sorted the UK passport.

I too have issues with people who bring into this world children without being able to be responsible for their actions...

And I am a man although adult > I still act like a teenage sometimes......

like all men do!

Quote Originally Posted by philphil61 View Post
    ......... I went to Philippines Oct 2008 on a surprise visit to meet my LTR of 8months chatting online.

All went well luckily and for the first 1yr or so very happy although we lost our first child. We never married becoz I was still waiting divorce.

After our 2nd child born 30th Oct 2010 everything went bad. My financial status dropped from some court action in UK that I could not fight. The filipino family I was living with knew everything before I left and accepted everything when I arrived. But as soon as my financial status changed - so did their opinion of me. I was ignored. I went without food some days and my ex gf was always supportive to her parents and not me.

By Jan I had no money left, had over stayed my visa and had to apply for charitable help to fly back. Our relationship was strained not close loving but still sleeping together.

I flew back mid Mar 2011 was having daily chats with her and my son - missing him loads as any happy father would. I became suspicious mainliy becoz I'm a jealous guy!!!

Today I just confirmed that she has a new bf from USA with her and has been visiting for a week (that's the reason I've not seen my son for 6 days) now. Apparantly she'd been chatting from Feb 2011 to others even before I'd left her and the Philippines yet the relationship, I assumed, between us was still difficult and not loving.

So there's another warning on top of spammers or liars who tell you they are leaving their husbands or single - even before your relationship totally ends they begin finding new!!!!..
    Really sorry to read about your experience PhilPhil 61. You appear to have been very unlucky and I'm glad to hear that you managed to get back to the UK before any further harm was done. I hope that you are able to see your son again one day before too long. Keep your chin up

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Hi leftofcentre201,

A lot of good advice so far.

I am just a little concerned that she told you she would stay in the same hotel
    That seems out of character for a Filipina from what I know, and from what my Filipina wife has told me.
    My wife is from the province though and things are different there compared to the city.

Be careful.
    Not my exprience at all. Filipinos in general just don't seem to regard sex as, as big a deal as we do in the west. The attitude appears very relaxed. And my g/f is from the province too. This said, I'm probably dealing with a slightly younger demographic here. Maybe older Pinays are more conservative or get more conservative as they get older. But the younger people that I've met are very laid back. This said, the lack of sex education combined with promiscuity leads to some amusing (and perhaps worrying) ideas about sex.

Perhaps it is the result of having such a young population. You also have to partly wonder if, for many, it is because there is naff all else to do entertainment wise... so.... err.. make your own!

I would say texting you all the time and worried when you're busy is usually also a very positive sign.

The 'worried what people will think' thing often seems to come down to two things: 1) People think I'm only with him for the money/chance to move abroad 2) People will think I'm a whore. The former is more common, I think.

Me and my girlfriend were at Enchanted Kingdom a couple of weeks back and she had the former openly said to her for the first time. We were in a queue for a ride and one guy was coming back out of the same queue. He saw us together and said 'jackpot' to my girlfriend. It did upset her a bit but she brushed it off quite well. She said something along the lines of 'you came into my life... i never went looking for you'. Which is true but pointless trying to explain to the numpties who are always going to think what they're going to think.

Hi Andy,
    I have just returned this week from my first visit to the Phils to meet a woman who I have been chatting to daily online or the past 8 months although we did'nt meet on a dating site, it was a chance meeting on a social site and neither of us was looking for love at the time. Out attraction to each other just developed over the months. ok our circumstances seem different but unless you go there you will never know and may regret it. One week is a bit short but better than nothing, I went for 5 weeks. When my g/f met me at the airport our bonding was instant, she is the most loving, caring, natural and honest woman I have ever met and she lived up to all my expectations and more. We are complete soulmates and are now engaged and plan to get married within the next year. I am going to live out there with here and I'm planning my move right now. She has a very large family and they all made me feel very welcome, I now consider myself part of her family. Enjoy your stay in the Phils, they are very friendly people, they will stare at you, not because your tall and your g/f is short, same here, but most think all white guys are american and their name is Joe, lol. Don't let this worry you. Get to know your g/f and hopefully you will bond like us. The flights are expensive, I went KLM, Norwich-Amsterdam-Manila at the cost of £760 then an onward flight to Davao with Cebu Pacific. Parting on your return if you hit it off together will be painful, very painful but I know that I will have a future life with a wonderful woman waiting for me on my return.
    Good Luck,
    Keith

me and my man did stay in same room during his first visit...oh myi didnt know its not that good to look at lmao..but hey it was amazing...im not a scammer tho,im a lover
    I just do what I want.It's not about what people are saying...It's about Me

Trusted Member
    What's not that good to look at ?

....the room ?

Makes me glad I met my babe whilst I was working in the region, she is the first Filipina I have met and I have been exceedingly lucky we were able to live together for such a long time.
    Although now working back in the UK and her being back in the Phils its really tough being apart and my head spins everyday waiting for the processes to conclude.
    Everyday we talk, chat and exchange fb messages and the distance makes the heart grow fonder.
    Roll on August when I believe she will be able to travel to the UK and we get married.
    I've never clicked so well with anyone as I have with her and I believe in some crazy way were were meant to be.

Good luck mate with your trip!

I'd say a diamond found me on this occasion!
    Tone

opodo are able to offer Emirates from Manchester at £623 with 30kg luggage allowance. It's a shorter trip than London and we dont have any smelly Londoners here .............hahahaha.

I'm sure by now you've read the advice of my fellow forum members. Getting involved with an already married woman with children will not be easy but the heart wants what the heart wants , so if your serious about her go for it. It's easy to think that she has boyfriends visiting every other week but in most cases its the opposite. For every one guy whose prepared to go to the trouble and expense of visiting a girl in Phils there are 1000 who just want cam sex. In my experience, the fact that your prepared to go see her will mean a lot to her, it will mean your real!
    Take things slow , treat her like a lady and dont expect any sex , that way if you get some it's a bonus rather than you feeling cheated if you dont. Best tip - meet the children - the easiest way to make her trust you is by getting her children onside. Good Luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information