Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Settlement visa w/ 1.5yr old son dependant on visa application.....help me out.......

Hiya everyone!!!

Pleasant morning to all...

Im Ruth.............This coming Jan. 10 next yr anyway I will lodge my applications for settlement ,it could be better this yr but regrds to my age that stops me to do as im still 20 right now......Well by far i had been told from Brit Embassy Manila that my son needs a separate form for him to get a visa to come and setttle in the UK too.....................so anyway knows what form............

as all i know my settlement form is VAF4A i thought my son is under w/ this form already.........he have separate visa fee too as of now 56,250 by this yr april it increases again............damn

mine visa fee too is the same ..whatta money making company guys............

Regards Ruth

I will appreciate for more response....THANKS

Unless your son is a brit or european joint nationality passport holder then it is two applications as its two people Yes its equal to two months minimal wage here

I thought it was the same form but im sure someone will confirm or deny that soon
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Thanks keithAngel For the responce!!!

My son's father is a brit national which he is my husband of course.....lol we got married last 2009...

Just going to apply a fil passport for him here ,we will just sort out his brit passport when we arrive in the UK afertall the mishaps and trials..we hope so for the success next

Been checking to the web it says same form.but i wanna make sure instead.........

many thanks

Nooo get his brit passport in the Phils no visa required
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

yes get him a British passport if you can, it will save you problems and money in the long run
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    Absolutely agree.

Get that British passport organised for your son ASAP !

Probably one of the most sought after documents in the world right now.

Yes get his passport there in Philippines it took me and my wife 4 weeks to get it I just sent a photo copy of my passport plus the original copy of my birth certificate and marriage and sons birth certificate photos of my wife during her pregnancy my wifes passport and my sons Philippine passport and we got our son his British passport without any problems it saves u from paying for two visa fees

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Get that British passport organised for your son ASAP !
    DEFINITELY! Go for it ... NOW!

Ruth ... to our friendly, online filipino/uk site; the fact that the boy's father is a UK subject, automatically entitles your son to a British Passport. It will, in turn, save you a small fortune in visa fees. So DON'T delay!

[/Yes get his passport there in Philippines it took me and my wife 4 weeks to get it I just sent a photo copy of my passport plus the original copy of my birth certificate and marriage and sons birth certificate photos of my wife during her pregnancy my wifes passport and my sons Philippine passport and we got our son his British passport without any problems it saves u from paying for two visa fees ]

alan/maleiya,
    do you have to come to the philippines to do it as we are told that the british national parent has to be the one to submit the application and the documents at the embassy.please give me advice as we are getting ready to apply for a visa for my 10 months old son.my 2 years old son has a british pasport as he was born in the UK but this little one was born here in the philippines as i have to have an emergency caesarian when my father died.

and how long did u get his british passport?

Quote Originally Posted by alan/maleiya View Post
    Yes get his passport there in Philippines it took me and my wife 4 weeks to get it I just sent a photo copy of my passport plus the original copy of my birth certificate and marriage and sons birth certificate photos of my wife during her pregnancy my wifes passport and my sons Philippine passport and we got our son his British passport without any problems it saves u from paying for two visa fees
    do u have to come to the philippines to do it alan? as we are told that my husband has to be the one to submit all the papers in person at the embassy.please help as we are now getting ready to apply for a visa for my 10 months old son.

im sorry people, im not so good with computers so please pardon if i posted two similar posts. still learning to use the stuff on here

Get Dad to e mail them you have his name on the nso birthcertificate Gift right?
    Absit invidia

My wife done all the papers there in the Philippines when I was still in the uk I just posted my birth certificate and copy of my passport to my wife she done all the rest there it took us 4 weeks to get our son his British passport hope this helps

Absit invidia

The British embassy check all ur papers and send it on to hong kong once all the correct papers are with them

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Get Dad to e mail them you have his name on the nso birthcertificate Gift right?
    yes,dad's name is on the nso birth certificate.

alan/maleiya,
    did you get your son a Consular Birth Registration Certificate? as it said that the british parent has to sign it infront of a consular.that means,my husband has to come here to do it then come back to fetch us when all the passports and visas are all ready. as i cant travel alone with my children as they are all minor.

My wife done all the papers there in the Philippines when I was still in the uk I just posted my birth certificate and copy of my passport to my wife she done all the rest there it took us 4 weeks to get our son his British passport hope this helps
    so you didnt have to send your passport? just a photo copy? coz it said to send all original copies

You dont require a consular registratioin thats another 7000piso not required for the pass[port
    Absit invidia

You dont require a consular registratioin thats another 7000piso not required for the pass[port
    thanks keithangel.
    as this is the reason we delayed the application as we dont know whether to get him a british passport or a visa as we got him a filipino passport already.
    thanks to this forum. i wouldnt have known all this information and ideas.

It was just photo copy of my passport I sent and my original birth certificate

It was just photo copy of my passport I sent and my original birth certificate
    ok.the requirements said to present Original documents with photo copies of each.my husband is not sure how safe to send his passport from the UK.and it means i have to send it back to him so he can come here.

As i said get him to contact them the Brits are quiete capable to check a passport internaly and sure dont want importand documents like that going missing in the mail
    Absit invidia

As i said get him to contact them the Brits are quiete capable to check a passport internaly and sure dont want importand documents like that going missing in the mail
    i told him to email them already lastnight.i hope they will reply soon.
    thanks keith

Its a process Gift just deal with it one step at a time and keep smiling
    Absit invidia

Nooo get his brit passport in the Phils no visa required
    kiethAngel......thanks for helping guys....How is it possible for me to get my son's brit passport here?do i have to apply this in british embassy manila?how much?
    I only have scan and printed stamp pages of my husband and his bio data page---do i need to pass certified true copies or is this all enough?cant be my husband together to apply this as he went back to the uk last feb already ..does his appearance needed here?i have his b-certificate,i have my hospital records,i have photo while i was preggy ,i have my son's local and nso b-certificate plus live birth..........our marriage cert.would this be enough?

I mean passport stamp pages........................

You mean you got phil passport first for ur son b4r you apply a brit passport here hmmmmmmm.

When you sent copies of ur passport pages to your wife is it certified true copies or you just copy it normally by ur own?

yes-ur right its was costly for the long run my visa fee is the same fee for what my son have to pay........bloody hell

If this chances of getting him a brit passport him will be really possible i would do b4r its late thus it help in saving on visa fee price as keithangel stated if my son can have a brit passport that would mean he dont need a visa?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Ruth ... to our friendly, online filipino/uk site; the fact that the boy's father is a UK subject, automatically entitles your son to a British Passport. It will, in turn, save you a small fortune in visa fees. So DON
    'T
    delay! :x

Dear Ms Ruth,
    Greetings from UK VAC!
    If you will be travelling together with your son, he will need to apply for his visa separately. You will need to fill out a sepaprate form, pay a separate visa fee and an appoitment. However, since you will be sharing identical documents, then you should only provide one set of original and one set of photocopy of each supporting papers.

xgrinning--00xx3:
    Thanks Arthur Little just new in this forum so Im still learning how to go into pages er.......I would be happy to get this brit passport but at the mo im so confused for such required things..........been told by email from VFS VAC UK HELPLINE

Full View
    RE: Child's Passport
    From: Moya.Jackson <Moya.Jackson-HonCon@fconet.fco.gov.uk>
    Add to Contacts
    To: Gramchie Smith <britisaya_ruth_uk@yahoo.com>

In order to apply for a first time passport for a child many documents are needed, one of which is the father's original passport showing he was with the mother during conception. The application must be done in the country where the child is residing.

In order to have all the information and papers required for this process please visit our website, the British Embassy website. It is preferable not to visit a Philippine website when requesting British information as many items therein are incorrect. The details of our website are below. It will be noticed that passports are now processed in Hong Kong, but for first time passports they must pass through the consular section of the British Embassy in Manila.

While it is not a legal requirement to register a child as a British Citizen, it is advisable to do so, and the requirements for this process are explained on the same website.

Kindly inform your husband of this,

Moya Jackson

Honorary British Consul l British Consulate-Cebu l Villa Terrace, Greenhills Road, Casuntingan,
    Mandaue City, Cebu 6014 l Tel: 0063 32 346 0525 l Fax: 0063 32 238 9055 l
    Email: Moya.Jackson-HonCon@fconet.fco.gov.uk l Website: www.ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk
    HELP FOR BRITISH NATIONALS
    To know more about what assistance the Consular staff can provide to British nationals in the Philippines, please visit our website http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/ or click
    http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk...ish-nationals/

i had been told in this info too from brit honorary consulate-but i dont concentrate here cos it just confused me much so i wasnt have no choice i do log in here and be a member to ask help and advice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information