Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie (Restricted Access)

Im at Stage one,and its soooooo hard already!

Hi guys,well i joined up to Asiandating on sunday and have just had my first chance to log on since sunday night. My profile was looked at 56times with 43 of them sending 'an interest'. Out of the 43 i sent 'interest' back to 22 of them. A couple of them live in the uk but im more concerned about the ones living in the phills. So here are my thoughts.........Its almost like choosing a new car! Who do i start to talk to first? The stunning ones? The ones in there mid 20's ? The older ones? Heck im so puzzled i dont even know what im trying to say now. I know you guys know what im trying to say so any thoughts and help would be greatfully apreciated!

hmmmm simple!!! first come first serve and then see how u feel...the best may win...
    ----------------------------------------------
    "FAILURE IS NOT DEFEAT UNLESS U STOP TRYING"

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    try to have simple conversations with a few of them first...the one with the best chemistry with you will standout..

Talk to as many as you can and filter them out. If they mention money they need.... BYEEEE .... no humour Byeeee ....... no sex before marriage BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Best if they have a job as well.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

and be sure she is single

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    ....... no sex before marriage
    ... DEFINITELY a non-starter!

....... no humour
    ... just a !

....... If they mention money they need ....
    ... tell them you're skint ... then, ....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    try to have simple conversations with a few of them first...the one with the best chemistry with you will standout..
    Or even find the ones who can speak English will be a major advantage. No good having a pretty face and then finding out you can't communicate

be sure she is a she joking

You set yourself a series of groundrules & stick to them.

You have to decide, do you want a woman that's single or still married ('cos an annulment takes a long time and is ultimately gonna cost YOU money)

Do you want a woman who already has children ('cos it's likely that she will want to also re-locate them to the UK). Are your circumstances (both financial & personal) ready to accept children into the relationship ?

Do you actually want a "family" (ie children) with your new intended ?
    A woman in her 20's, early 30's might desire a family.... some older may not.

You really have to decide what is right for you, what you really desire.
    ... and say "thanks, but no thanks" to the women who do not fit the parameters you've decided on.
    It'll save a lot of heartache later.... for both of you.
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Respected Member
    Hi,

My advice is dont choose to quickly, I narrowed my search to maybe a dozen girls over a period of a month or so, i made it clear i just wanted friends at first to see how we got along and was very open that i was chatting with other girls too.

There were girls who tried to scam saying how their relative is sick and how sad they are they cant afford the medicine.

One girl stood out for me as being special, we got along well she introduced me to her friends, she was sweet and funny and we shared lots of the same interests.
    She is now my fiancee and i spent Xmas with her and her family, we are applying for a fiancee visa in April.

My advice is dont rush, chat as friends and see if there is chemistry. See that she will be happy for you to meet her family, add you on her facebook ect...

There are many lovely girls wishing to meet a foreign husband, also lots of scammers too, so choose carefully. The Philippines the average wages maybe 25 pounds a week or thereabouts, so be careful about promising a girl a better life then smashing her dreams.

you have said the majic word , talking , its great to say hi and just ask away, we are all differant and soon you will be the kid in the sweet shop, like many have said before me and also lots after me will say, just be carefull, dont mention money, sex and meeting someone straight away, remember your age, you will get the teens saying hi and loving you , just enjoy and be yourself, wont be long before we are asking your advice if you get it right

Trusted Member
    I agree with Bluebirdjones.

Banned
    Many siblings is not good either, especially if all boys, you will end up supporting them

An only child is ideal and is not close with extended family

Trusted Member
    Yes... consider childless orphan qualified nurse the jackpot.

Oh, and avoid putting pics like this on your profile ....

Restricted Access
    someone who could make you cry at first sight hahaha

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwichguy View Post
    My profile was looked at 56times with 43 of them sending 'an interest'. Out of the 43 i sent 'interest' back to 22 of them.
    It is just such a minefield, fella. I've only ever done the online dating thing whilst looking for a Filipina to date in Hong Kong. Even then, that was only because you can't really just meet Pinays in the usual places there. Except for weekends in Central if you fancy approaching a mass of them (which I didn't!). Yet I'd still get tons of messages from girls in the Philippines. So I know what it is like.

Why not get yourself over here? Even if only for a couple of weeks holiday. You will almost certainly meet plenty of nice girls in that time frame and they probably won't have a profile on a dating site. Plus, you will have met her in person, which is likely to mean a stronger bond than chatting on phone or internet.

Trusted Member
    I agree....and the great thing is that many look a LOT better in real life than in photos or cam.

Of course it works the other way too ...but at least you're seeing and speaking to a real person. Sooo different.

The slightly disturbing thing if you've never been to the Phils before is that that 22 year-old will look about 14 and TINY when you get to meet her.

that was only because you can't really just meet Pinays in the usual places there. Except for weekends in Central if you fancy approaching a mass of them (which I didn't!)
    I met my boys mum on the MTR in TST when she stood on my foot accidentally as the train lurched forward.But I always met loads of women on sundays in central,the star ferry or in admiralty or at BBQ's in stanley or repulse bay,happy days and a great city

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    .................the star ferry or in admiralty or at BBQ's in stanley or repulse bay,happy days and a great city
    Tawi2, Ohhh yeah, Such many very happy memories for me in all those places.
    Shhh, tell you what, my sercret was always star ferry............... Romantic views and atmosphere.
    So cheap too

So cheap too
    You probably went lower deckI normally went upstairs,once sat next to Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel and their "minder"going from TST to Central.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    Happy memories for me too.

If only we could turn the clock back eh GrahamI think I would have stayed on over there,great lifestyle

Everything changes
    Onwards and upwards --that's the only way

Trusted Member
    Agree 100%

I only wish I'd gone there years sooner (my friend went out there in the 70s).

Schooling for the kids was the only reason we returned to UK.

I've been out there on my own since though.

Where else can you come out of the shopping mall and there's a blinkin great boat parked up that wasn't there yesterday ?

Talk to as many as you can and filter them out. If they mention money they need.... BYEEEE .... no humour Byeeee ....... no sex before marriage BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Best if they have a job as well.
    Haha Classic!
    I have a very simple tip ok, if you take a few minutes to write to a girl and all she does is give you a one liner reply forget it!
    My girl is so sweet, sure i do loads for her but this last Valentines she sent me a card to Jersey and an accompanying long letter that took her ages to write.
    If you put the effort in, they should too if they dont move on and find a girl that does, i promise they are out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Lancashirelad View Post
    Hi,

My advice is dont choose to quickly, I narrowed my search to maybe a dozen girls over a period of a month or so, i made it clear i just wanted friends at first to see how we got along and was very open that i was chatting with other girls too.

There were girls who tried to scam saying how their relative is sick and how sad they are they cant afford the medicine.

One girl stood out for me as being special, we got along well she introduced me to her friends, she was sweet and funny and we shared lots of the same interests.
    She is now my fiancee and i spent Xmas with her and her family, we are applying for a fiancee visa in April.

My advice is dont rush, chat as friends and see if there is chemistry. See that she will be happy for you to meet her family, add you on her facebook ect...

There are many lovely girls wishing to meet a foreign husband, also lots of scammers too, so choose carefully. The Philippines the average wages maybe 25 pounds a week or thereabouts, so be careful about promising a girl a better life then smashing her dreams.
    Perfectly summed up!

Respected Member
    Loving those old pictures of HK, Graham.

Trusted Member
    Cheers Paul...only wish I'd had a decent camera then, and knew how to use it.

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    All good info here. Like said, narrow it down after deciding on what you do and don't want-age, has kids, been married, has job and what they have written in their profile. I have found quite a few don't really know how to male conversation and it makes it hard going. If they write short replies or don't respond to much that you have written, give them a chance or two, but if that doesn't change it's best to move on as you'll never get any chemistry if you can't get conversations going. Once you have narrowed it down more add them to your Yahoo, MSN or SKype and get chatting to them & see his you get on. As said any requests for money (for whatever reason) renting a cam etc and forget them! Also chat with them using a webcam, then you'll know if is really them or not. It also won't hurt to search their name on Facebook/Internet. I found that one girl I had once been chatting to and even seen on cam was actually a lady-boy (with a boob job as well), so be on your guard about that too!

Good luck!

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Damn double post!
    Last edited by South-east boy; 13th April 2011 at 10:10. Reason: Double post!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information