Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

I need some advice please.

My future husband came here to visit me in manila and were planning to go to hk to extend vacation but we got to stayed here for long as he enjoy staying in manila for too much. later than i know about the visa and he can only stay here for 21 days and he dont want to come back in uk without me. hes been more than a month and im afraid that he will end up in prison for not applying an extension. can you please advice us on these matter.

P/S we met on net last may 2010 up until now. and very happy together since the day he arrived here.

My brother over stayed the period allowed by about 10 days because he was unexpectedly hospitalised. He left Philippines brain damaged on a stretcher but still received a fine for over staying .............

I don't know what the usual penalty is but the longer your fiance leaves it, the worse the situation could become. I'm sure that someone else on this forum will be able to advise you further.

he might have to pay a fine when he leaves..

i think the fine is about 1,000 pesos as well as the visa extension fee of about 3,000 and i dont think you can pay it at the NAIA Immigration counter anymore you have to go to a Bureau of Immigration office, not unless things and prices have changed..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

yes - it's no more that a few thousand pesos.... my overstay from 15th Dec to Mar 17th was valued at 4,300 pesos give or take a few (thats about £60) for 3mnths

get in contact with Joanna.Teh@fco.gov.uk (that's the foreign and commonwealth office)

Just hope I haven't upset them by posting the email add but she helped me in all my docs etc when getting out of philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Tondogirl View Post
    My future husband came here to visit me in manila and were planning to go to hk to extend vacation but we got to stayed here for long as he enjoy staying in manila for too much. later than i know about the visa and he can only stay here for 21 days and he dont want to come back in uk without me. hes been more than a month and im afraid that he will end up in prison for not applying an extension. can you please advice us on these matter.

let him pay the overstay fee check this link http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?...=118&Itemid=43
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    Maybe it's cheaper to grease a few local palms

I wouldn't bother with going to Immigration Office in Philippines direct - chat to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office first

And more importantly don't forget you have to pay to leave the Philippines at the airport
    750 pesos

They will not imprison him for not paying visa fees - they have enough problems convicting real criminals accept when the greased palms are involved....

As I said I overstayed 3 months and was not bothered by the local immigration or police

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by philphil61 View Post
    As I said I overstayed 3 months and was not bothered by the local immigration or police
    Similar to the UK then in having a relaxed attitude to overstayers

I wouldn't bother with going to Immigration Office in Philippines direct -

And more importantly don't forget you have to pay to leave the Philippines at the airport
    750 pesos

hmmm what i know is that overstayers will not be allowed to leave the Philippine Airports until they pay the visa extension and the fine plus the airport tax (750)...to prevent any hassle it is wise and cheaper to pay it on time than to have problems later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Maybe it's cheaper to grease a few local palms
    They will not imprison him for not paying visa fees - they have enough problems convicting real criminals accept when the greased palms are involved....

Not all people in authority are corrupt in the Philippines ,... the system is there for a reason the same as in the uk, We all have to pay our dues,The way the taxes are collected here in the uk is just as close to palm greasing as ive seen it's just they have made it legal here

Trusted Member
    If he goes to a good travel agency like Swagman travel in Ermita they will sort out his overstay fee and get him an extension visa. They will just charge him a small fee.

They do this for Foreign tourists all the time.

This way he will keep a good record with immigration for next time he visits (and leaves the country), and you both will no longer need to be worrying.

I left without paying my 4300 peso but cannot return until I clear this debt - so it is possible so long as you get FCO involved and have good reason.....

My situation was somewhat very different and took over 1month to resolve

Thread Information